Spyder Garage

Default Flag mount for RTS

Does anyone know of a flag mount for the RTS? My rider say's she's tired of holding on to a flag at 70mph.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Zeus

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    Does anyone know of a flag mount for the RTS? My rider say's she's tired of holding on to a flag at 70mph.
    Can't remember his exact name but Zeus something or other had a nice one at SITS.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rineer4635 View Post
    Can't remember his exact name but Zeus something or other had a nice one at SITS.

Thanks, I'll look him up.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972

Spyder Garage

Default My offering

My solution was the Kuryakyn license plate mounts. The mounts themselves are great. What wasn't great was the limited selection on flags. They only sell a 4-1/2" x 8-1/2" American or POW flag. Finally, I just when out and got a little silk stick Maryland Flag, took it off the stick, then used a little gaffers tape to form a "fly" and bind it to the staff. It's lasted me the Summer and Fall. The MD flag cost me three bucks. I have three more when it wears out. Click image for larger view.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post
    My solution was the Kuryakyn license plate mounts. The mounts themselves are great. What wasn't great was the limited selection on flags. They only sell a 4-1/2" x 8-1/2" American or POW flag. Finally, I just when out and got a little silk stick Maryland Flag, took it off the stick, then used a little gaffers tape to form a "fly" and bind it to the staff. It's lasted me the Summer and Fall. The MD flag cost me three bucks. I have three more when it wears out. Click image for larger view.

Thanks SS. The only problem I see with that is it's now illegal here in NC to have license plate frames. By the way, I'm originally from Baltimore. Still have relatives in the area.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Talking ISCI web site

I saw a flag mount for one or two flags on the ISCI web site . They are a sponsor of Spyder Lovers.com. Like all the stuff they make it will be very good quality

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Flag mount

Don't know what size flag you need but I constructed a holder that secures onto the trailer hitch and can display a 3 x 5 flag. We are part of the Patriot Guard and got their flag pole that extends from a size that fits in the rear trunk to 14 ft. I used a piece of pvc piping and secured it with c clamps so I can remove it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by medic 1 View Post
    Don't know what size flag you need but I constructed a holder that secures onto the trailer hitch and can display a 3 x 5 flag. We are part of the Patriot Guard and got their flag pole that extends from a size that fits in the rear trunk to 14 ft. I used a piece of pvc piping and secured it with c clamps so I can remove it.
    Thank you for riding with the PGR. I do as Well.

I bought the BRP trailer hitch and had it installed along some other service. The hitch install is not expensive or could done by a lot of people. The expensive part is installing the trailer wiring. That would not to be done unless you are going to pull a trailer. I took the ball off and installed a single tube from Rivico. I Use a Wooden hoe handle from Home depot for the upright. I also made a "Sfety line" under the flag ( 3 x 5) and tied it to the hitch in case of the pole breaking. I have been at 65 for over ten miles with no problem at one time.

Most of us around here ( Dayton, Ohio ) either case the flag or dismount it when traveling to and from a mission, especally if it is a lot of interstate. I have some photos if you want. Let me Know.

Old Man Zues
    Very Happy Spyder Owner

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Marker View Post
    I saw a flag mount for one or two flags on the ISCI web site . They are a sponsor of Spyder Lovers.com. Like all the stuff they make it will be very good quality
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    the ISCI flag holders are awesome I saw one at SITS and that is what I want for Christmas.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the info. I ride with the Guardian Brotherhood. We are all connected to the military either active, retired or vet. I'm hoping to ride with the PGR at some point as well. By the way Oldmanzeus, I pm'd you about this so disregard it. Looking into all options.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

This is a link to the one I have on my bike.
    http://www.rumblingpride.com/Touring...ing_System.htm
    With the 13" masts.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SilverSurfer View Post

I would like one of these how would i get on in Australia

Spyder Garage

Default Flag mounts

The Patriot Guard's supplier, www.fastcolorprint.com, has a nice selection of holders/poles. Prices also seem fair? Good luck, ride safe, God Bless America