Page 14 of 16 FirstFirst ... 410111213141516 LastLast

Thread: R/C Toy spyder

Spyder Garage

Default Hickory NC area - gotta take a ride

None in Hickory, BUT the marvelous Dusty at the Hickory Wally World located some in Gastonia and Statesville. I made the ride to Statesville; although the computer said they had 33, I found less than 10. Of course, they may not have put them all out on the shelves; they do take up quite a bit of space.

FYI, none in Hickory, Lenoir, Morganton, Taylorsville, Granite Falls, Lincolnton... Dusty checked a lot of stores. Statesville and Gastonia were the closest stores that had any. Gastonia had not put them on the shelves yet.

Now... how difficult is it to paint one of these things? I'm wondering if I can find some itty bitty Ed Hardy decals...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Talking

Quote Originally Posted by kentompkins View Post
    Richie asked me to post this picture for him.

Spyder Garage

Default Found some R/C Spyders

I spent too much time yesterday afternoon going to one Toys R Us 3, Walmarts, and three Targets in search of the illusive R/C Spyder. Ended up about 50. . miles from my house with no luck. Saw plenty of R/c vehicles ranging from cars to trucks but no helkicopters but no Spyders Then on the way home I took an alternate route to try to avoid rush hour traffic. Spotted another Walmarts about 30 miles from my house, with the only problem being it was on the opposite side of the direction I was going. Debated whether it was worth it to wait in line to make a u turn across the highway. Got into there without much hope and also I was now hungry as it was near supper time. Finally found their small R/C section in their toy department and they had 7 Spyders. I couldn't believe it. I bought a yellow one so they have three red ones and three yellow ones left. In case any of you Jersey Spyder riders are interested, here's the address and phone. no:
    Walmart Store #1807
    265 N Route 73
    West Berlin, NJ 08091
    (856) 753-8787
    The receipt also lists the Manager's name as Helena Lee at the same phone number.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Wife Got me a defective one this weekend!

She found them at Wally World in Commerce, GA. Didn't get to play with it until today. Got a 24X30 garage with a painted floor. If you run it full blast, turn left or right, and slam it into reverse, it will spin doughnuts!
    Found out that if you are spinning it around and get off of the painted floor, the nanny does not kick in, and it will flip. Taking it to the dealer in Columbia on Friday.

Kids, I swear!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

It's been over 2 weeks that no one has posted a message here, so I guess we have a rc spyder or you all have given up trying to find them.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

My Wal-Mart had them for $19.00 during black Friday! Already had my two thou ! and they are all gone too.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bonehead View Post
    My Wal-Mart had them for $19.00 during black Friday!
    Good price! Our Wal-Mart had them for the standard $49.00 on Black Friday when we picked one up.

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Frequency

That seems odd. I bought 1 red & 1 yellow & they are both on different frequencies. Now I keep my yellow in the frunk & when I get to my friends house that I gave the red one to his daughter for an early Xmas present, we race them around the cul-d-sac & have a blast. Only problem is dealing with all the neighborhood kids wanting mobbing us but lyfe could be worse

Spyder Garage

As of this past Sunday, there were still at least 25 of them in the Wal-Mart closest to us. I guess living out in the sticks not too many people know what they are.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

My neighbor,s six year old kid is getting one for X-Mas after they saw me playing like a 5 year old in the street with it!
    Hope I can beat the kid?
    There a BLAST driving it backWARDS@!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bonehead View Post
    My Wal-Mart had them for $19.00 during black Friday! Already had my two thou ! and they are all gone too.
    Really $19 and you did not buy a truck load.

Spyder Garage

+I doubt they were available for $19 without a major sales snafu.

MiniMe's bike is currently sitting on my office table at work.

Ride on.
    Roadkill

Spyder Garage

Haven't found any up here in the Cleveland Oh. area.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roadkill View Post
    +I doubt they were available for $19 without a major sales snafu.

MiniMe's bike is currently sitting on my office table at work.

Ride on.
    Roadkill

They had their ads printed and sent out saying $49 - which is what we all have seen. Maybe they mistook another toy for the Spyder like the person who saw the 'blue' ones.....which were Raptors...

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Wal-Mart in McKinney, TX has some red and yellow ones in stock for $48.88; 5001 McKinney Ranch Parkway, McKinney - (972) 529-5046.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Wink

Quote Originally Posted by kentompkins View Post
    Richie asked me to post this picture for him.

Wana drag???

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Have not seen any up here in Canada yet, But found a store with Brp snowmobiles Considering all around Mississauga is getting major snow lately it might be a good toy for winter
    Last edited by SpyderSteve; 12-08-2010 at 11:59 PM.

Spyder Garage

The interest in these things is incredible, if you go by the number of hits on this thread.

I'm surprised Lamont doesn't have one!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Well i didn't need to buy them and, they were wrapped up in shrink wrap so you couldn't get to them until 5 am. I wasn't there for the madness. They only had two on the skid. so $19 dollars was what it was.

Teddys favorite human CyncySpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Talking Paying it forward???

Ok, so here's my little way of paying it forward to all my extended Spyder Family members that might be doing without (TheRC Spyder) this Holiday Season.

I stopped by my local Wally World in Florence KY & they had a few on the shelves. If you contact me, we'll set up a way for you to pay & I will go down there, get what you want & ship it directly to you. No additional costs, you just pay for the unit, taxes & shipping & that's it. I know I'm not really doing a major service, but hey, if you can't get them local, this is gonna be the next best way. Of course, this is as long as they have them in stock.

Just send me a PM with your contact info & which one or how many you want & I'll get right back with you to set it all up.

So, HO HO HO & Happy Holidays to ALL

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    As of this past Sunday, there were still at least 25 of them in the Wal-Mart closest to us. I guess living out in the sticks not too many people know what they are.

Wait a minute! You may live in the sticks, but I can't imagine that anyone within 50 miles of the pair of you doesn't, by now, know what a Spyder is! You have to have the most eye-catching pair of Spyders on the road. Maybe you're spending too much time modding, and not enough time doing laps in the Wally Mart parking lot...

Last edited by Brevet05; 12-09-2010 at 12:13 PM. Reason: added pix
    Happy 2010 Orbital Blue Spyder RT-S Owner
    TricLED Vader Lightswith Blue Tunnel Lights Option, Aqua Glo-Ryders, TricLED Fender Lights, TricLED Invisible Brake/Running Lights, TricLED Trunk Light.

Spyder Garage

Beautiful and PATRIOTIC!
    I hope my Spyder can survive the work hours being cut back. I would love to continue playing with mine. Either sand it down and give it a weathered look with the aircraft scheme or a nice bright flag scheme.
    In the twisties I was playing the tart...
    2009 GS SM5 , Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brevet05 View Post

Wait a minute! You may live in the sticks, but I can't imagine that anyone within 50 miles of the pair of you doesn't, by now, know what a Spyder is! You have to have the most eye-catching pair of Spyders on the road. Maybe you're spending too much time modding, and not enough time doing laps in the Wally Mart parking lot...
    Funny thing is I have only had my Spyder at Wally World 3 times now.

Of course they draw a crowd everywhere we go, and we get a lot of people asking questions. Perhaps because they no longer say Can-Am Spyder on them people are not understanding what we are telling them. Mine does have Spyder on the side of it. We usually don't bother just ryding them into that small town and back, I prefer to go at least 100 miles per ryde.

I have been sick for the past week, and have only made it to work and home again. I have no idea how many may be left at the local store now.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

We only visited two Wal-Mart stores before we found a red one for our grand son.

Spyder Garage

I've been looking but can't find any here in Newfoundland. I've checked all Walmarts in the city and two outside upto 100km away... no luck. .