Thread: Winter Riding

Spyder Garage

Default Winter Riding

ive seen some pics of spyder ryders riding in snow…does anyone here do that?

Spyder Garage

I have every intention of ryding through the entire Winter if possible. Putting a Kuhmo Easta AST tire on the back in the next month that provides a little grip on snow but not much. As far as the temperature, it's all about layering. Put some air wings on last week that help a ton with wind on my legs. I've ridden snowmobiles 70+ MPH in -43 degrees before in the Rockies so plenty of cold weather gear on hand. Only difference I see is no need for an avalanche beacon. Snow or ice covered roads will be the main problems. On those days the truck will be my transportation but I doubt I'll be doing as much joy ryding in the winter. Who really does?

Rode to work for the first time yesterday wearing camo coveralls. I was toasty the entire ryde.

Spyder Garage

Lookin' forward to ridin' until it snows or ices. Then the salt comes & I garage it until dry roads return. God bless the frenchman that decided to put the heated grips on the RT.
    Of course there are dry road winter days as well.

Spyder Garage

I concur with PL and Budro. I'll ride to work til the roads ice. Not too concerned with temperature, as the heated handgrips and my winter ski/snowmobile togs should be good enough for the 12 miles I need to travel to work. After all, we're on a BRrrrrrP!
    Happy 2010 Orbital Blue Spyder RT-S Owner
    TricLED Vader Lightswith Blue Tunnel Lights Option, Aqua Glo-Ryders, TricLED Fender Lights, TricLED Invisible Brake/Running Lights, TricLED Trunk Light.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Im usually done afte the first snow and salt hit the roads, I hate cold weather.