Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

ALL I CAN SAY IS DAAAAAAAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH
    SPYDRRR

Spyder Garage

I thought about installing these, but had concerns regarding how much of a distraction they would be to me while driving at night... especially if you installed white. Oh well, earlier posts introduced the legal issue, and that settles that.
    Dave
    Never leave well enough alone! (Raymond Loewy)

reggystan

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    Forgetting about what is and isn't legal for just a second here...
    Do the LEDS on the center of the fenders that wrap all the way to the mudflap throw light that gets into the eyes of the operator of the Spyder?
    I think this thread is getting a bit overloaded. Simple questions that can be rectified pretty easily.

If any CUSTOMERs is curious about the light, email me and I wil send out a set of fender light for free anywhere in the USA! Free to the first 5 people who contact me. I will even pay for the shipping! If you think they are distracting or don't like them then just take them off. Simple as
    That! Curiosity answered. Specify a color, white or amber.

Honestly I don't think anyone of our vendors is trying to make products that are illegal or endanger any of us while riding. Many of us add and modify things because it is what we like. Our lights are no different, we made them because I wanted to be more visible and safer on the road. It is not for everybody and I understand . So take me up on the offer and try it for yourself.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by reggystan View Post
    I think this thread is getting a bit overloaded. Simple questions that can be rectified pretty easily.

If any CUSTOMERs is curious about the light, email me and I wil send out a set of fender light for free anywhere in the USA! Free to the first 5 people who contact me. I will even pay for the shipping! If you think they are distracting or don't like them then just take them off. Simple as

Honestly I don't think anyone of our vendors is trying to make products that are illegal or endanger any of us while riding. Many of us add and modify things because it is what we like. Our lights are no different, we made them because I wanted to be more visible and safer on the road. It is not for everybody and I understand . So take me up on the offer and try it for yourself.
    I'm take you up on your offer and just sent you an PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What'd I do?? I didn't mean to cost anybody business or money; I just was wondering a bit too much out loud... SORRY!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Just PM'ed you on your offer. Hope I get it. Thanks!!
    May all your encounters with the law begin with the words: "nice trike!".[/B]
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:
    2010 Can-Am Spyder RT SM-5
    2011 Can-Am Spyder RS-S SM-5
    2013 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SM-5

reggystan

What'd I do?? I didn't mean to cost anybody business or money; I just was wondering a bit too much out loud... SORRY!
    This is all good, no worries. I've gotten more positive emails out of this so no worries. I want you all to be happy and put this to rest!

Thank you.
    RT

Spyder Garage

Forgetting about what is and isn't legal for just a second here...
    Do the LEDS on the center of the fenders that wrap all the way to the mudflap throw light that gets into the eyes of the operator of the Spyder?
    I have them, love them they are very subtle and not a bit distracting to the driver and after spending a lot of time looking at them from behind, I can't see how they would be distracting to anyone following me.
    ".........regrets are only memories written across my brow, and there's nothing I can do about it now......" Wille Nelson

Spyder Garage

sent you a PM

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pjp623 View Post
    I have them, love them they are very subtle and not a bit distracting to the driver and after spending a lot of time looking at them from behind, I can't see how they would be distracting to anyone following me.

What's distracting is this thread!!!!!!!!!!

Spyder Garage

Must have been a pretty slow day at the office!
    ".........regrets are only memories written across my brow, and there's nothing I can do about it now......" Wille Nelson

Spyder Garage

geeez, what a mess. I understood perfectly. By the way, Dragon Lord needs to see what the laws are in Ireland instead of worrying about our laws. I still run my Gloryders in blue and haven't had a problem. I DO WANT some brightsides and mud flap lights though. Still thinking about the fender lights.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

My husband and I both have the white TricFenderz and have no problems with distraction at night. What has been said is correct though, you're not supposed to have any rear facing lights in anything but red, however I know that the cops around here seem okay with motorcycles with rear facing ambers as those are somethings used for safety running lights.

I guess if I ever had problems with my TricFenderz I'd change them out for the new model with the rear facing red LEDs.

As for will they fit an RT, the front fenders are the same on the RT as the RS.

I love all my TricLED lights. They are top quality. to Reggy.
    We are a happy THREE Spyder family!
    My Rides: 2008 Quantum Blue Premier Edition Spyder GS SM5 (#1344)
    2015 Pearl White / Red Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM6
    2016 Intense Pearl Red Can-Am Spyder F3-T SE6
    2019 Chevrolet Volt (ER-EV)
    2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport X 4.0L I-6

RETIRED Owner / Event Coordinator - Annual Western Regional Can-Am Spyder Rallies
    Spyders in the Redwoods and Red Rock Spyder Rally of Southern Utah

The West Coast's Can-Am Spyder Community Ambassador
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    geeez, what a mess. I understood perfectly. By the way, Dragon Lord needs to see what the laws are in Ireland instead of worrying about our laws. I still run my Gloryders in blue and haven't had a problem. I DO WANT some brightsides and mud flap lights though. Still thinking about the fender lights.

oooh lord, finaly someone with slightly more open eyes than others but still, it took you forever to relize that i am from Ireland, however no one got a point till now. this thread started with a guy who decided to get those strip lights and all he wanted us to help him with was to pick what color. I didn't start politics and law quotes here.
    good things is that this guy got them absolutely free to the door and some more quick ones

Spyder Garage

Thanks for the comments, feedback noted. At first when we designed it I wanted it to be more of an accent light. When other motorist see a motorcycle they assume skinny 2 wheels and often not realizing hey there is 2 wheels out there and unusual since Spyders are the first of its kind to be mass produced. We tested them for quite some time and even brought them to our local municipalities and showed them. Their response was, "you can definitely see" this when your driving down the road. Till this day I have honestly not had any police pull me over for any of the lighting we have on our Spyders. We all know red and blue are a no no but questionable as long as it does not impersonate a police officer. Exactly what they said when we were in Daytona a few weeks ago when asked. The LED's used on the fender is not as bright as all the other LED lighting we have. They are spaced out further and smaller LED's. These were meant to be accent lighting just like accent lighting most used under the bike or just about anywhere one chooses to.

As for the fender lights. we will have a dual color in a few weeks. The first 10 LED facing the rear will be in red and the front ones would be in white or amber.

I hope this clears up some questions or issues. If you have any questions please feel free to PM or contact me. Thank you again to all those who gave their feedback. RT
    Cool, I'm all for the dual color! Wait for that one to come out and I'll send in my order!

reggystan

Alright we got our 5. Thank you all for your messages. We'll get these out to you guys asap. Have a great weekend

RT

Spyder Garage

Catching a Yellow Jacket in your helmet at 65 mph can double your vocabulary

Spyder Garage

Alright we got our 5. Thank you all for your messages. We'll get these out to you guys asap. Have a great weekend

RT
    I must say that even before I have them, I will leave the comments on Reggstan and the TricFenderz (ala eBay):

Real quick to respond and awesome customer service!! AAA+++

I will leave another review once I get them with how the install went and how they look.

Quick question: I also bought the GloRyders (aqua). The wife is thinking that it is going to be a little too much with the TricFenderz. What is the general viewpoint?
    2015 Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM-6 Can-am Red/Black SM-6 with 2010 Black RT-622 trailer (hitch in the works).

Previously owned:

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DragonLorD View Post
    oooh lord, finaly someone with slightly more open eyes than others but still, it took you forever to relize that i am from Ireland, however no one got a point till now. this thread started with a guy who decided to get those strip lights and all he wanted us to help him with was to pick what color. I didn't start politics and law quotes here.
    good things is that this guy got them absolutely free to the door and some more quick ones
    No, I didn't see any politics or law quotes. Wish I had been able to get to Ireland while stationed in the UK. Time just went so fast. Would love to visit still, maybe have a pint with you.

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards

Spyder Garage

This thread sure took an unexpected detour, but seems to be ending well over all for those who jumped on the free offer by Reggy. to those of you who got in on that deal. Once you get them, and install them, you will need to post your own review.

For those who have asked questions, let me try to answer the main ones I have seen.

Distraction: These lights are not distracting to the rider at all. My wife has the white ones on her Spyder, and I have the amber on mine. You can see them, just like you can see the Fender Tip Light, and the ESI Mud Flap lights if you have those, but they do not draw your attention away from the road at all. As Reggy stated, these are night as bright as the other strips I have so they is no glare or blinding issue even with my face shield down on my full face helmet. They also didn't distract me while ryding without a helmet in Daytona, there were plenty of other things going on to do that.

Visibility: These definitely increase your visibility. You can see them from a good ways off, but they are not like headlights, or even my Day Runners, that are bright enough to bother the people around you. They will definitely help get their attention, which is a very good safety feature when ryding at night. I have actually had a couple cars slow way down, almost to a complete stop, while I was coming toward them so they could figure out what it was.

Other lights: If you are considering the Glo-Ryders, or even the Raw Design, wheel lights I would say go for it. While these are all cool gadgets, they give off light at night which increases your visibility and therefore makes you more safe in the long run. Those that have seen my Spyder in person already know how lit up it is at night, those of you that haven't can check out my mods thread to get a general idea.

Legality: While the DOT laws may state white/amber marker lights cannot face the rear, I have seen plenty of motorcycles whose amber turn signals stay on all the time. I have also ridden my Spyder through SC, GA, NC, TN, and FL, with the lights on and not had any trouble with any law enforcement agencies. If they were to stop me I would politely explain to them that I am just trying to make my machine as visible as possible in order to stay alive. I have a good feeling most all of them would be fine with that. However, if you are really worried about it then the dual color strips TricLED is coming out with should be just the thing you are looking for.

I have over 3,000 miles ryding with the Tric Fenderz, and have had absolutely no issues with them whatsover.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Thanks for great write-up... It covered my questions for sure!
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

Thanks for great write-up... It covered my questions for sure!
    Glad to help.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    ...Quick question: I also bought the GloRyders (aqua). The wife is thinking that it is going to be a little too much with the TricFenderz. What is the general viewpoint?
    As one of the other beneficiaries of Reggy's generous offer, I guess I'll let you know, as I also have aqua GloRyders installed, having received them as the prize for my second place finish in Irish2themax's Spyderlovers Scavenger Hunt.

On a philosophical note, I guess I agree with Spyderwolf on the lighting issue. With two kids in college and two more looming, it'll take a while for me to save up the discretionary income needed to get the RT to where I had the Army Spyder, but eye-catching is a good thing on a motorcycle. Nothing's going to save us from the truly distracted, but I don't want it to be for lack of trying.

Review to follow!
    Happy 2010 Orbital Blue Spyder RT-S Owner
    TricLED Vader Lightswith Blue Tunnel Lights Option, Aqua Glo-Ryders, TricLED Fender Lights, TricLED Invisible Brake/Running Lights, TricLED Trunk Light.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    No, I didn't see any politics or law quotes. Wish I had been able to get to Ireland while stationed in the UK. Time just went so fast. Would love to visit still, maybe have a pint with you.
    - have a look again then

PM me before comming to Ireland, - beautyful country, lovely people and Police Officers are here for us not against us. I call it last country of freedom whitin EU. - and only 4 in whole island in total, not enough to set up a chapter

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bullant12 View Post
    I must say that even before I have them, I will leave the comments on Reggstan and the TricFenderz (ala eBay):

Real quick to respond and awesome customer service!! AAA+++

I will leave another review once I get them with how the install went and how they look.

Quick question: I also bought the GloRyders (aqua). The wife is thinking that it is going to be a little too much with the TricFenderz. What is the general viewpoint?
    Ok.. here is my review:

Got them last Thursday. Nice and professional packaging. Instructions came in color pictures and all parts where there. The wire fasteners made it easy to connect the LED wires to the fender tip light wires, so a little slack on the fender tip wires where needed (explained in the instructions on how to loosen.) The only issue I saw was the the wires to the LED were VERY long, so I made them shorter (bad idea!) My wife was wondering why I wasn't cursing the world away when I have this type of install and I said: "They were free, so I really don't loose anything except having to buy them again if I up". Sooooo... other than making a couple of adjustment on the SUPER THIN LED wires, the install went great and both myself and the wife love them.

So word to the wiser: DO NOT SHORTEN THE LED WIRES!!! Tie them up in a bundle and push them in the fender.

Thanks again Reggie!!! Now I need to buy the LED tip lights.

Previously owned: