Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Blue times

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by effgjamis View Post
    Yepper.... and thanks to all for the congrats.
    Yes I did trailer if back to Kissimmee, as I had to trailer the yellow RS to Clearwater to be fixed.
    Well,,,, needless to say I was brow beaten, hog tied, and threatened, etc to go ahead and get the RT as I would not get the Yellow fixed for some time due to some real issues of which I will not go into, but will say that they have the yellow one parts scattered all over their shop.. Not sure they really know where all the parts are anymore.
    Yes I did go for a short 1.5 mile ride, to the store to get some milk and bread and stopped on the way home to talk with a friend for about 15 minutes. Well the damn RT would not start as the battery had died to the point of not having enough juce. So I had to go home get my golf cart and tow the RT to the house. If this is an expected thing I shall be an unhappy camper. Going to callthe Dealer in the AM and they can bring me a battery as I am not going to drive 180 miles or them to repair it.. Yes I am a bit erked as I just got home from the tow experience. Grrrrrrr.
    Sorry to hear of about your battery trouble. Like Scotty said I would check the battery connections. It's pretty easy to get to, just one screw on the left side. Then I would let it set over night on the charger.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fastfraser View Post
    on the new ditch jumper !

But seriously...

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Thanks Scotty and Lamont.
    The RT was on the show room floor, and when the tech moved it to the shop he found the battery disconected. As nothing worked until battery power was available the tech then decided to connect the battery.
    Who knows how long the battery has been setting prior to hook up and use.
    However, the battery may be ok after a charge, but it doesn't give one a lot of confidence of battery relibility, at least at this point.
    Prior togoing to bed I did manage to get the battery on charge, so, who knows, until I go out and try, to see if that was all it needed.
    Thanks again all for the kudo's and assistance.

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

OH... I have another question for assistance or ????
    As you know I have a trailer, not BRP, and my wireing harness will not connect to the BRP Hitch harness without a plug adapter.
    Does anyone know, where I may get pig tail to which I can convert the BRP hitch harness to a flat 4 pin trailer plug?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

Spyder Garage

As you know I have a trailer, not BRP, and my wireing harness will not connect to the BRP Hitch harness without a plug adapter.
    Does anyone know, where I may get pig tail to which I can convert the BRP hitch harness to a flat 4 pin trailer plug?

Thanks.
    Ask your dealer about that. There is a part number for it in 2011 or so I'm told.

RT-S PE-0539
    Spyder Garage

Hope the battery is all the problem. My RT-S battery was dead two days after I picked it up. Dealer said it had loose connection. That wasn't the problem. Has since had three batteries, a instrument cluster and ignition switch. It still has the same problem, battery drain and lights out in instrument cluster. When they fixed lights in cluster, parking brake locked on and windshield would not work, when they fixed that lights in cluster wouldn't work. Understand they are thinking wiring harness now. Your problem may be only the battery but could be something else if you start having other problems.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JohnE View Post
    Hope the battery is all the problem. My RT-S battery was dead two days after I picked it up. Dealer said it had loose connection. That wasn't the problem. Has since had three batteries, a instrument cluster and ignition switch. It still has the same problem, battery drain and lights out in instrument cluster. When they fixed lights in cluster, parking brake locked on and windshield would not work, when they fixed that lights in cluster wouldn't work. Understand they are thinking wiring harness now. Your problem may be only the battery but could be something else if you start having other problems.
    I would say your situation is the exception and not the rule.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I would say your situation is the exception and not the rule.
    +1...I agree. I have had zero issues with electrical stuff.

Spyder Garage

Well Forrest---- awesome

Hope you get the yellow one fixed up soon too.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

RT-S PE-0539
    Spyder Garage

Dealer said he has not had any problems with all the RT'S he has sold. Only my RT, Lucky me.

Spyder Garage

Default Battery terminals

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Forrest! I had that same problem on my RTS when new. The battery terminals were not tightened properly during prep, so it would not take a good charge. Check that first, it could save you a trip to the dealer.
    My bike died a couple of days after taking delivery. The + side of the battery was not tightened by the dealer upon receipt.

I think these bikes are like computers; check all the connections and trust nobody.

Congrats on the new bike.

Spyder Garage

Whoa!
    08 RS/SM5 (Hers) (sold)
    15 RT-S (Mine)
    2015 RT-S , Metallic Black

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Thanks.
    I bought the BRP trailer tongue harness, and made my own adapter to a 6-pole rectangular. I only used five wires (including the ground), however. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=22097 Other have had problems with the 4-pole trailers. Trailer light converters just don't seem to work. The easiest solution is to add separate turn signals to your trailer.

Out of work Member
    Spyder Garage

Oh Forrest I am so glad you got the Blue RT it will high lite the blue speckles in your eyes.
    I know the yellow made you sad---every time I saw this I thought of you.

Maybe we can meet half way at Mamby Pamby for lunch.
    You'll enjoy the RT

Out of work Member
    Spyder Garage

Default All Points Bulletin

SMILE FORREST SMILE
    If you see a blue streak and a smile---let us know where you saw Forrest.

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    Sorry to hear of about your battery trouble. Like Scotty said I would check the battery connections. It's pretty easy to get to, just one screw on the left side. Then I would let it set over night on the charger.

Needless to say... Must be blind.....I cannot see nor find that one screw you are making reference to.
    Thanks

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just about any RV dealer if it's the standard round connector to the flat pin. Even, dare I say, Wal Mart has them.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bruiser View Post
    Just about any RV dealer if it's the standard round connector to the flat pin. Even, dare I say, Wal Mart has them.
    It is not a standard round connector!

PhotoShop Master
    Spyder Garage

dee's gs did the same thing and disappointed as she was it is all fixed ,,,,, hers sat on showroom floor for a couple months also
    congrats on the RT forrest i'm sure once on the rode your old crabby butt will love it ..

Spyder Garage

Forest, Congratulations !!! Very cool stuff !!!

Spyder Garage

Forest I didn't think I'd ever see you on an RT - Congrats - I think you really got tired of following Baby on hers -
    2013 RT Yellow
    2013 RST Yellow
    2011 RSS Metallic Orange / Flat Black
    2010 Limited Edition # 11 Black
    2008 RS SilverMoon
    2014 Black Current Rt Limited

[SIGPIC]SIGPIC] Happy Owners

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

On your new "Blue By You" RT Forrest! I hope you are able to get the battery issue resolved very soon, and have a blast getting to know your new machine.

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Yepper.... and thanks to all for the congrats.
    Yes I did trailer if back to Kissimmee, as I had to trailer the yellow RS to Clearwater to be fixed.
    Well,,,, needless to say I was brow beaten, hog tied, and threatened, etc to go ahead and get the RT as I would not get the Yellow fixed for some time due to some real issues of which I will not go into, but will say that they have the yellow one parts scattered all over their shop.. Not sure they really know where all the parts are anymore.
    Yes I did go for a short 1.5 mile ride, to the store to get some milk and bread and stopped on the way home to talk with a friend for about 15 minutes. Well the damn RT would not start as the battery had died to the point of not having enough juce. So I had to go home get my golf cart and tow the RT to the house. If this is an expected thing I shall be an unhappy camper. Going to callthe Dealer in the AM and they can bring me a battery as I am not going to drive 180 miles or them to repair it.. Yes I am a bit erked as I just got home from the tow experience. Grrrrrrr.
    I want to clarify the above, my first post in this thread, I have no complaints with the people at Powersports. Not at all. The Westcoast powersports of Clearwater are just great, and in my book tops.
    I was upset about the battery but I found that when batteries set for a period of time unused, then tend to get weak. Well !!!!! this must have been in my case as I charged it for approx 12 hours and I have since riden approx 300 miles, I do believe I am good to go.
    Therefore if anyone was concerned about my feeling or the service my dealer, I am sorry, they are great and really have done me a good service. That is why I drive the 180 miles round trip to get that type of service.

Spyder Garage

Forest. I have the same bike. Traded the '08 in June 30. I think you'll really like it.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by docdoru View Post
    Look what we found in Clearwater Powersports:

I found mine at Middletown Cycles in Middletown Ohio Monday 10/18

Looks just like yours.

I'm known as Granpa in Cincy on two other boards.

This one signed me up as granpain in Cincy

I'm really not that big of a pain.