Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

Thread: CB Problems

Spyder Garage

I took mine to the dealer yesterday and they said the TX delay is normal and they could not do anything about it. I also asked them to rotate the rear jack 180 degrees so I could use a 90 degree pigtail or the inline PTT button. They said it fits into a groove and they could not rotate it. However I have seen pics on here showing the inline PTT. Can anyone tell me where to buy the PTT and is it true that the jack cannot be rotated? i also called Radio Sound today and confirmed it is a BRP issue and he also said he doesnt know anything aboout the jack not being able to rotate (BRP issue). Thx
    Last edited by stevedfive; 11-03-2010 at 12:49 PM.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

i just picked up my RT re: CB issue. Dealer said the TX delay was normal and they could not do anything about it. I also asked them to rotate the rear jack plug 180 degrees so I could use the inline PTT button ( V cutout in plug faces the wrong direction). Dealer said the plug fits in a groove and could not be rotated. So I printed a pic from the website and called BRP Customer Service. BRP said to take it back to the dealer, show them the pic and have the dealer call BRP. Anyone else have this issue?
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

had this issue originally in the rear and they did rotate it. it has to rotate to properly fit the pigtale

do a search on here there is the PTT passenger safety cord (i think it is called) part number someone posted.

its pricy but its BRP... it only works in the passenger plug in back... when you use the PTT cable in the front plug it operates just like a standard safety cable ... the PTT and VOL buttons do not work.

Have them CALL BRP about the CB issue. tell them not to work on it any. (dont spend labor hours). it is a known issue.

Spyder Garage

I did tell that it is a known issue and I had called Radio Sound before I took it there to verify it. I told them that they would have to call BRP and they did not. I also ordered the BRP PTT pigtail last week and will take it back again when it arrives.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stevedfive View Post
    I did tell that it is a known issue and I had called Radio Sound before I took it there to verify it. I told them that they would have to call BRP and they did not. I also ordered the BRP PTT pigtail last week and will take it back again when it arrives.
    you CAN use the PTT safety cable in the REAR passenger plug. or were you ONLY planning to use it in the front?

Spyder Garage

i just picked up my RT re: CB issue. Dealer said the TX delay was normal and they could not do anything about it. I also asked them to rotate the rear jack plug 180 degrees so I could use the inline PTT button ( V cutout in plug faces the wrong direction). Dealer said the plug fits in a groove and could not be rotated. So I printed a pic from the website and called BRP Customer Service. BRP said to take it back to the dealer, show them the pic and have the dealer call BRP. Anyone else have this issue?
    To say that a transmit delay is normal is "bullcrap." It may seem normal because of faulty design/manufacturing. I've had this problem for over six months. I even sent an e-mail to BRP tech in May. BRP even "suggested" that the CB continued to TX because I wasn't using a BRP headset!

Spyder Garage

The PTT pigtail is for the back. I already use the BRP pigtail that came with the ST-1 on the front. Also, I really do hate the long TX after I speak. I use a full face mask and there really is no need for that to happen

Spyder Garage

The PTT pigtail is for the back. I already use the BRP pigtail that came with the ST-1 on the front. Also, I really do hate the long TX after I speak. I use a full face mask and there really is no need for that to happen
    then no need to return it. the PTT pigtail for back works fine. I dont think it exhibits the same problems of stuck TX as the front button.

Spyder Garage

The problem is that it still needs to be rotated which the dealer says they can to do. That is why I have to take it back.

Spyder Garage

The problem is that it still needs to be rotated which the dealer says they can to do. That is why I have to take it back.
    umm if they can NOT rotate it that is BS!!! first time it was installed backward and the dealer was able to rotate it 180 degrees so it works now. with the cable going forward...

also to echo BRP is aware of the CB Transmit issue. it sounds like a firmware upgrade to the software in the dash will be required to fix it... so now the wait until they test and release it. I am guessing messing with one section of code they got to make sure they don't break something else
    Last edited by clueless; 11-07-2010 at 04:13 PM.

Spyder Garage

Does anyone have an update on the PPT. I like everyone else has spent ALOT of money for a CB. I ride in a group but refuse to talk because it aggrivates everyone.
    BRP PLEASE look into this.

Spyder Garage

Update, I got the rear plug rotated and now she can use the in-line PTT. However, the front PTT delay is still there. Your right, it does tick off the other riders that it is still broadcasting after I'm done.
    Last edited by stevedfive; 01-17-2011 at 10:46 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by gene0108 View Post
    Does anyone have an update on the PPT. I like everyone else has spent ALOT of money for a CB. I ride in a group but refuse to talk because it aggrivates everyone.
    BRP PLEASE look into this.
    I'm starting to wonder if BRP is actually working on this problem. It's been a know issue since day one along with the turn signal cancel problem..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I am very close to ordering a RT-S with a dealer installed CB. I am reading here that there are delays in the transmit circuit. Does anyone have a CB that DOES NOT have this problem?

I am becoming concerned as it is no cheap accessory.

I ride with a group and use my Gold Wing trike CB a lot and sure don't want to hold up the communications with the group.

I wear a full face helmet and use the PPT vs. VOX...this is not a VOX unit is it?

My '02 Gold Wing has many push buttons....I have to spray a silicon in them once in a while as they stick...it works for me. I know this is not the same problem...just as they aren't all perfect for sure. I hope they find a fix soon.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Spyder Garage

Update, I got the rear plug rotated and now she can use the in-line PTT. However, the delay is still there. Your right, it does tick off the other riders that it is still broadcasting after I'm done.
    the passenger should not have that broadcasting issue only the driver. if your passenger is using the PTT cable and hitting the transmit button it should work like it should. the one on the front however does not work correctly.

Quote Originally Posted by 1551retired View Post
    along with the turn signal cancel problem..
    I had the issue with turn signal initiate problem in one direction it worked fine the other it would not always activate easily. turns out the switch was bad. it would work if you pushed hard enough if in that direction. so maybe you have a bad turn signal switch.

=========

as far as VOX it can be a VOX or you can turn down the VOX sensitivity to the point that it will not transmit unless you hit the PTT.
    Last edited by clueless; 01-17-2011 at 04:18 AM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    as far as VOX it can be a VOX or you can turn down the VOX sensitivity to the point that it will not transmit unless you hit the PTT.
    I don't like VOX (you speak, it transmits) as when I clear my throat or cough, it transmits. I am a ham radio operator and seldom use VOX when I am operating. I personally like the PTT.

Do you have this "sticking transmit problem" as others have posted?

Does anyone have a photo of the PTT switch setup on the RT? I am wondering what it looks like. Hmmm LaMont said BRP is aware of this problem but no fixes to date...to me it does not seem to be that "big of a problem" that a mod could not fix it.

I traded my 2014 RT for a 2017 Mr. White RT-S. I am George Lewis. I live two miles from Boerne, TX. I am 89, retired USAF and Sony Corp. I also have a GW MotorTrike. My email: scoot62@aol.com

SAVE THE CHUPACABRA
    If you have not been to Luckenbach, your journey is not complete.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by George Lewis View Post
    I don't like VOX (you speak, it transmits) as when I clear my throat or cough, it transmits. I am a ham radio operator and seldom use VOX when I am operating. I personally like the PTT.

Do you have this "sticking transmit problem" as others have posted?

Does anyone have a photo of the PTT switch setup on the RT? I am wondering what it looks like. Hmmm LaMont said BRP is aware of this problem but no fixes to date...to me it does not seem to be that "big of a problem" that a mod could not fix it.
    PTT button is on the front of the left grip (multifunction control. It is not separately wired, as far as I know, but uses the CanBus system. I believe this is a programming issue. No easy modification that I know of.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Just thought I would let all know that my 11 with a dealer installed CB does not keep the TX lit up. As soon as I release the switch, the TX goes away.

Willy
    When the going gets tough...Downshift..

Spyder Garage

Could it be that they fixed the problem and didnt tell us?

Spyder Garage

That's good news.

Spyder Garage

as far as the VOX. i am pretty sure it does NOT affects the Transmit and is only for the intercom...

so you can adjust the VOX for communication between driver and passenger intercom but need to use the PTT button for transmitting. either the rear PTT cable for passenger or the driver handlebar.

good to hear the 2011 Spyders do not have that problem. it would involve a firmware update to our computers to get the fix. hopefully they can flash it once the weather warms up here

Spyder Garage

Dear BRP,

The owners of the 2010 RT series Spyders have long complained about the BRP CB Radio PTT continuous transmission problem (continues to transmits even after you release the PTT button). We have heard that the 2011 RT series Spyders do not have this problem ( on correcting the problem).

Our question is; Is there a time table to the CB Radio PTT fix to completed on the 2010 RT models?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I just installed the CB on my 2010 RTS. My Spyder is a very early model and I found that there are a number of things that are unique to it. I do not have the sticking PTT or a delay as reported by others.

Spyder Garage

I guess I am just confused. If the 2011 model RTs dont have the problem, did BRP fix the problem? But if MotorTony's early model 2010 RT-S works just fine with a new radio? Could it be the early models of the Radio Sound CB radio have a defect of some type? However, Radio Sound says its a BRP issue. Mine goes to the dealer tomorrow for the BRP GPS/NAV and BRP Fog Light installs, I will bring it up to them again and let you know what they say.
    Last edited by stevedfive; 01-19-2011 at 01:16 PM. Reason: added info

Spyder Garage

I recieved a very nice email from Radio Sound today regarding the CB TX issue. Here is the meat portion of the email.

"I apologize for the issue you are experiencing with your Spyder. What you are experiencing is actually not an issue with the CB, it is an issue with the gauge software on the vehicle. The gauge acts as a gateway for our audio system. You should be able to take your vehicle to a dealer and have them update your gauge software."