Page 6 of 6 FirstFirst ... 23456

Thread: CB Problems

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by alicej View Post
    I don't know if I have a problem with the delay of the PTT TX, but everyone I ride with complains about my transmission. Very staticy. They thing it sounds like motor interferance. Any one else with this problem. Any suggestions? Freddy Fryke goes in the shop next week and I certainly hope they can remendy the problem as I always used my a lot on my Harley and really miss it now. I don't have a GPS and many times depend on the CB for traveling with the group.
    Have them check the CB ground and CB antenna ground. Too much loctite on the antenna can also be a problem. There may be a service bulletin and repair kit for this, I don't remember.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by alicej View Post
    I don't know if I have a problem with the delay of the PTT TX, but everyone I ride with complains about my transmission. Very staticy. They thing it sounds like motor interferance. Any one else with this problem. Any suggestions? Freddy Fryke goes in the shop next week and I certainly hope they can remendy the problem as I always used my a lot on my Harley and really miss it now. I don't have a GPS and many times depend on the CB for traveling with the group.
    depending on your year of RT. you will know if you have the TX sticking as it will stay on transmitting long after you release the button. if not you probably have one that is fixed or a 2012 cluster model.

does your transmission static on the CB only occur when moving? if you are in a parking lot do you get static on transmission? I am guessing no. I am guessing it occurs when over 5 mphs or up...

static seems to related to GROUNDING issues with the RT. to much plastic and their ground system is like spaghetti.... 1st is if under warranty have them check about upgraded antenna package with a larger grounding cable for the CB antenna and the AM/FM antennas. it also has a separate small ground cable to ground out the CASE of the CB radio.

the next is to check the GROUND cables everywhere! there is a bolt under the seat that is a ground point, there is also a a major bolt under the front left fender (above the shock) where the ground cables come together...

you have to read up on here there are MULTIPLE threads on this here ... do a search on this RT SHOP section for CB Radio.
    2013 Yellow ST-S SM5, Elka Stage1 Rear Shock, 2Brothers Exhaust, K&N Air Filter(soon), TricLED fnt fender LEDs, frnt LED daylight strips, 3rd Rear brake LED, ISCI Hand Brake, BajaRon Sway Bar&Links, Bullant Laser Aligned, Lamont's CAT ByPass, CALSCI Windshield, Works Performance Stage 5 Front Shocks
    Previous = 2010 Blue RT-S Spyder SM5

Spyder Garage

With what he said. But I don't have the ground to the CB case and can't find any info on it.
    2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.