Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Getting a little fuelish....

Rode up to the local BRP event in Brooksville and the spyder would barely hold an idle. It would hesitate real bad and a VERY strong fuel smell would come up and surround me. Made it home, parked in the garage for a minute and went into the house. After about 3-4 minutes, the whole garage was filled with fuel fumes. I even opened the door without the opener to avoid any kind of sparks. The spyder is in the driveway for now. Got an appointment first thing tomorrow to get it checked out. I am trailering it down there just to be safe. Once I got above idle today, she ran good. Put it on the buds earlier today, no codes, no visible leaks.
    HMMMMMM?

Spyder Garage

bummer sorry to hear that... better safe then sorry about trailer. keep us updated what they find.

Registered Users InspectorGadget's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    Rode up to the local BRP event in Brooksville and the spyder would barely hold an idle. It would hesitate real bad and a VERY strong fuel smell would come up and surround me. Made it home, parked in the garage for a minute and went into the house. After about 3-4 minutes, the whole garage was filled with fuel fumes. I even opened the door without the opener to avoid any kind of sparks. The spyder is in the driveway for now. Got an appointment first thing tomorrow to get it checked out. I am trailering it down there just to be safe. Once I got above idle today, she ran good. Put it on the buds earlier today, no codes, no visible leaks.
    HMMMMMM?
    So Dave,
    I must have missed it-----what ever became of the gas smell. As of late I have been experiencing a strong gas smell no matter what amoount of fuel is in the tank.
    Please advise what your service center did to correct it.
    Thanks C-YA RL
    It wasn't MEEEEE!!!!

Spyder Garage

Sounds like a North Carolina "Barking Spyder".

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

The service department found that my front cylinder was cutting out most of the time and I was running on one cyl. The fuel was still pumping in, but not burning. Changed the front wire and coil and now its running good. One the way to Daytona, the fuel smell came back, so now we are leaning toward an evap canister issue such as it being filled with fuel and the smell comes and goes. I will be dropping her back off on Monday and leaving it for a while so they can disect her.

Registered Users InspectorGadget's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post
    The service department found that my front cylinder was cutting out most of the time and I was running on one cyl. The fuel was still pumping in, but not burning. Changed the front wire and coil and now its running good. One the way to Daytona, the fuel smell came back, so now we are leaning toward an evap canister issue such as it being filled with fuel and the smell comes and goes. I will be dropping her back off on Monday and leaving it for a while so they can disect her.
    Hey thanks, and I may get to see you tomorrow as we have re-adjusted or plans and we are going to ride Coast to Coast
    It will be a long day for us as it will be 1.5 hr to Seffner, then the ride accross to Daytona, and then the ride home from Daytona 2.5 hr, but we are looking forward to seeing our other spyder comrades.
    Are you staying over the night at Daytona?
    C-YA RL and Mary
    It wasn't MEEEEE!!!!

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorGadget View Post
    Hey thanks, and I may get to see you tomorrow as we have re-adjusted or plans and we are going to ride Coast to Coast
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

From my RS experience, once the canister fills with fuel, it will smell like fuel until you dry it our, or replace it (the safest option). BTW, it is surprisingly easy to get fuel into the canister.....

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by G-Man View Post
    Sounds like a North Carolina "Barking Spyder".

Watch it bud!! NC barking spyders are protected

USAF '69-'89 E7
    Thailand/Vietnam 1972
    Member: Royal Order of Rat Bastards