Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Seat

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by xpeschon View Post
    Great advice,, I have the Corbin and to me it's too hard but others just LOVE this seat... I have about 2,000 miles on it so its broke in but again just for me its a bit hard... GREAT advice from NancyToy I'd take it..

X-Joe
    The new Corbin' arrived yesterday. I haven't ridden on it yet but after sitting on it I can tell it is a bit hard. The contour of it is "concave" which means you sit "in" it instead of "on" it like the factory seat. If you're into touring I think it is good. If you are a very aggressive rider and like to "hang dog" with your butt off of the side while going like mad in the corners I think the factory seat is perfect. Also, when I ordered it I was hoping we'd have it in a week or so but I found out it had to be manufactured and would take a "long" time. I called Corbin to cancel the order and they said they could speed it up to about 3 weeks production. Took about 4 weeks and got it yesterday. The craftsmanship is superb with 2 flaws.1-it has a small area on the the front right leading edge of the leather where it was scuffed pretty severely during production. 2-needed to adjust the pin to get it to latch closed. Conclusion: if you need a backrest then this seat is nicer than going with the factory setup. Not much more$.If you're an aggressive rider it's not worth the money.

Spyder Garage

I have the Corbin seat, and I love it. My hubby has the BRP comfort seat, which is also nice. In my opinion I like the Corbin better, but as a pillion, the comfort seat is really nice... maybe better than the Corbin.

As some have said, the padding on the Corbin needs to be re-done as it does slope forward and you find yourself sliding down. I have the heated seat and I wouldn't have it any other way.

Good luck!
    We are a happy THREE Spyder family!
    My Rides: 2008 Quantum Blue Premier Edition Spyder GS SM5 (#1344)
    2015 Pearl White / Red Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM6
    2016 Intense Pearl Red Can-Am Spyder F3-T SE6
    2019 Chevrolet Volt (ER-EV)
    2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport X 4.0L I-6

RETIRED Owner / Event Coordinator - Annual Western Regional Can-Am Spyder Rallies
    Spyders in the Redwoods and Red Rock Spyder Rally of Southern Utah

The West Coast's Can-Am Spyder Community Ambassador
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue