Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default J&M 2003-DU CB KIT SPECIFIC FOR CAN-AM SPYDER

I am very interested in purchasing this Kit for my SE-5 2009 Spyder but, everywhere I look, I see the following statement....

"This JMCB-2003 audio system installation kit has been designed specifically for the CanAm Spyder motorcycle Five Speed only, will not work with the automatic transmission Spyder".

Does anyone know if it's just that the mounting bracket won't work? Or is it something else that I'm not aware of?

Has anyone here installed this Kit to thier SE-5? If so....how?

Any help would be greatly appreciated.

Many thanks,

John

Spyder Garage

the shift paddles are in the way on the SE.
    08 RS/SM5 (Hers) (sold)
    15 RT-S (Mine)
    2015 RT-S , Metallic Black

Spyder Garage

Hmm, I looked all over their web site and couldn't find a statement that it wouldn't fit on and SE5. Doesn't look as if the paddles are in the way according to the installation pictures.
    Jay on Omega Bay Texas
    Spyder RT-S PE# 536
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=715

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

It does not fit, I had a very long conversation with them about this. They said you might be able to fabricate something yourself to make it fit, but I wasn't in the mood to spend that kind of cash and then have to fabricate a bracket myself.

They said they don't have an SE model because they haven't had an SE in the shop to do the measurements. It's been a while now, I would think they have had the opportunity at this point, but still nothing. I ended up getting a nice set of Bluetooth motorcycle headsets and listen to my IPOD while on the road. total cost was about $150.00 and no modifications necessary.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

This is a shameless plug for the J&M Integratr system I'm selling in the classifieds. If you are looking for a system for CB, MP3, Bike to Bike and Passenger communication, etc. you might want to take a look. Not as slick as the Handlebar JMCB-2003 audio system but it might work for you?
    It does offer more flexibility.

Spyder Garage

I had this conversation with J&M this past Spring and they didn't express
    much desire to make a version for the SE model.

I used their universal model and fabricated a bracket that mounted to the 4" risers we installed for my wife. Also, ordered their 24" antenna and mounted it where the Spyder emblem is on the tailpiece (some fabrication required here also).

Looks great and works great.

Mr. MO Spyder
    2018 F3 , Red

Spyder Garage

The problem is the push-to-talk button is made to be handlebar mounted and doesn't work with the SE models. You should be able to use the mounting hardware for a standard J&M CB. A little bit of a reach for the push to talk button.
    Premeir Edition #59

SoCal

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Mount

The mounting bracket uses the bolts that hold the clutch to the handle bars and the push to talk button go between the handle grip and the turn signal box on the handle bar.

http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/z...dbike007-1.jpg

http://i840.photobucket.com/albums/z...dbike009-1.jpg

Hope the Pictures help

Hope the pictures come thru.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default J&M Solution?

Many thanks to all who have responded to my questions about the mounting bracket. I received an reply to my email from the Vice President of J & M, and he said they don't have enough demand for the Kit for the SE-5 to make a bracket that will fit. Oh well......

I think I'll order the Kit anyway as I have a good friend who is a great "wrench" and has a very creative mind. He had a look at my handlebars etc. and said he could make it work for me.

Thanks again,

John