Page 1 of 5 12345 LastLast

Thread: loud pipe

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation loud pipe

Hi Guys,
    i am looking for noisy loudy pipe which will sound deep, throaty, blasty kinda like Harley sound. Have some one came across pipe like that? I checked many videos but they all sound more-less same on my comp.

Spyder Garage

You can get louder but you will NOT get it to sound like a Harley. This is a short stroke, high RPM engine.

Quote Originally Posted by DragonLorD View Post
    Hi Guys,
    i am looking for noisy loudy pipe which will sound deep, throaty, blasty kinda like Harley sound. Have some one came across pipe like that? I checked many videos but they all sound more-less same on my comp.
    ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ataDude View Post
    You can get louder but you will NOT get it to sound like a Harley. This is a short stroke, high RPM engine.
    Potato Potato 45 degree. It's mostly in the angle of the Cylinders

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I dont think it gets louder than this, for the Spyder

http://www.kewlmetalstore.com/produc...products_id=98

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post
    Potato Potato 45 degree. It's mostly in the angle of the Cylinders

i just had my Hindle off today and that sound of a straight pipe, actualy no pipe was like a symphony to my ears. yes i understand consequences and importancy of a pipe/mufler and that is why i asked here about it, i believe some one who came across many Spyders and Spyder stuff will help me out. I never met or see any Spyder in my life yet other than mine so thank you for understanding where i am coming from.

Spyder Garage

2 brothers racing pipe w/o the P1 silencer is way loud and sounds great...I took it off and put on a Hindle because I got sick of the loud droning at highway speeds -

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Try to stick with an exhaust system that won't piss off your fellow earthlings TOO much.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by DragonLorD View Post
    Hi Guys,
    Dragon check this out,
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=zGhifSe7P4I&feature=related[/ame]

I have had both these pipes from mbrp. The steel can (my first pipe) and the carbon fibre can (my 2nd pipe) both from mbrp. The carbon fibre can is way louder than the steel can. It has an excellent growl in any rpm range. You will definitely need the jb and or 02 mod with this can because I fried the packing in both of em in under a couple thousand miles each due to major backfiring. These pipes really let the exhaust gasses get out quick..
    They no longer make the carbon fibre model because people were burning them up. "But I still have the carbon fibre skeleton".. Maybe with the jb and o2 it will last 10 times longer. It is in my mind the ultimate bad boy pipe. but i could be wrong..
    I now run the hindle, sounds good but not anywhere near as loud as the mbrp.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Donzo View Post
    2 brothers racing pipe w/o the P1 silencer is way loud and sounds great...I took it off and put on a Hindle because I got sick of the loud droning at highway speeds -
    My neighbor has this pipe and I have the Hindle.
    We are a happy THREE Spyder family!
    My Rides: 2008 Quantum Blue Premier Edition Spyder GS SM5 (#1344)
    2015 Pearl White / Red Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM6
    2016 Intense Pearl Red Can-Am Spyder F3-T SE6
    2019 Chevrolet Volt (ER-EV)
    2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport X 4.0L I-6

RETIRED Owner / Event Coordinator - Annual Western Regional Can-Am Spyder Rallies
    Spyders in the Redwoods and Red Rock Spyder Rally of Southern Utah

The West Coast's Can-Am Spyder Community Ambassador
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post

ooooo - pretty!!!!!

Spyder Garage

2 Brothers and the silencer tip - silencer deepens it a bit cuz it is annoying loud w/out it

Spyder Garage

Smile loudest exhaust you've ever heard

Hi DragonLord, I have the exhaust from kewlmetal the same one that made the second post, ya know the one with the spyder webb. I'm tellin ya it sounds like your at the strip, for time trials. My husband has a harley with true duels, its as raw as it gets and this pipe has his beet.It was totalally insane. we ended up welding a baffle from an extra harley muffler (spare), it is quiet a little but only a little still insane but deep,thump growl and anything else you can think of. So if you want awsome get it from kewlmetel. you can get any color web you want. oh mite I say my miliage is at 35 per gallon

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dave01 View Post

Yup--- that one is as loud as I've heard. I really like my HMF carbon--- but you'll never get away from the 'Aprilia' sound.

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Loudest I have tried or heard

I had ridden Harley's for years when I had to get off two wheels due to my health.

When I got my Spyder it had a Hindle on it. Not a good sound. Not deep enough or loud enough for me. So I found a custom built exhaust and tried it. It was a too loud for me. Next I found a 2 brothers racing carbon fiber on ebay and I love it. Yes you have to repack it about every other oil change or it will burn through.

I still have the custom one and the hindle and don't need either of them. Let me know if you are interested.

BillGargan

Probably rude and inflammatory . . . But I personally hope that every one of you with loud pipes that do not meet your local or state requirements get fined huge $$$$$ by local law enforcement.

I don't think any of you would find it OK for a smoker to blow smoke in your face or smoke where it is not allowed.

If that is true why do you believe it is OK to blow noise into the ears of someone that does not want to hear your noise. This is an issue whether it is the sound of exhausts or someone with a loud audio system that shares their yougly music with someone that does not wish to hear it.

Civility is one of the thinks missing in society today. Some of you present images that you care for your fellow citizen -- but, not if it gets in the way of you making unwanted noise.

Sorry . . . I am really, really tired of bikes and audio systems interfering with my rights to a peaceful environment.
    Last edited by BillGargan; 09-28-2010 at 01:14 PM.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BillGargan View Post
    Probably rude and inflammatory . . . But I personally hope that every one of you with loud pipes that do not meet your local or state requirements get fined huge $$$$$ by local law enforcement.

I don't think any of you would find it OK for a smoker to blow smoke in your face or smoke where it is not allowed.

If that is true why do you believe it is OK to blow noise into someone the ears of someone that does not want to hear your noise. This is an issue whether it is the sound of exhausts or someone with a loud audio system that shares their yougly music with someone that does not wish to hear it.

Civility is one of the thinks missing in society today. Some of you present images that you care for your fellow citizen -- but, not if it gets in the way of you making unwanted noise.

Sorry . . . I am really, really tired of bikes and audio systems interfering with my rights to a peaceful environment.
    Loud pipes lose Rights.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BillGargan View Post

If that is true why do you believe it is OK to blow noise into someone the ears of someone that does not want to hear your noise. This is an issue whether it is the sound of exhausts or someone with a loud audio system that shares their yougly music with someone that does not wish to hear it.

Not rude in the least. I meant what I said in my first post.

Our Spyder has a Hindle, which I think is gonna get exchanged for a stock system before next year.

Back in my "more spirited" days, I had straight shortie drags on my Sportster and did not give a rats azz about anyone else period. So I can relate to the leanings towards more authoritive exhaust notes, especially to those more youthful ryders.

Bottom line>>---> People turn their heads and look at you. 99% of the time it's not because they are impressed.

Spyder Garage

I would rather be heard and be around here for my family, friends and kids then be DEAD because the old man in a hat or the little old lady that cant see over the steering wheel could see me or HEAR ME!!! For the few seconds that you hear my exhaust or my OBNOXIOUS STEREO on my bike, DEAL with it. I know my wife and kids don't mind!

By the way, this exhaust has been on my wifes SE5 for over a year now and sounds great! http://www.esicycleproducts.com/exhaust.html

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by WizardMaster View Post
    I would rather be heard and be around here for my family, friends and kids then be DEAD because the old man in a hat or the little old lady that cant see over the steering wheel could see me or HEAR ME!!! For the few seconds that you hear my exhaust or my OBNOXIOUS STEREO on my bike, DEAL with it. I know my wife and kids don't mind!

By the way, this exhaust has been on my wifes SE5 for over a year now and sounds great! http://www.esicycleproducts.com/exhaust.html
    I rest my case.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Draboo & BillG... Loud pipes only HURT all of us.
    Think of it this way for a moment...
    A relatively small percentage of the driving population is into bikes (Trikes...)
    An equally small percentage absolutely HATES bikes and wishes that we were all shipped to another Planet in chains...
    The vast majority of folks don't really have an opinion...
    if you aggravate them by making too much noise, guess who they're gonna side with when things get tough...
    (IMHO)
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by draboo View Post
    I rest my case.
    Only if you drive in reverse, The sound gos out the back.
    Or your lane splitting with a two wheeler.

Spyder Garage

I used to say that there were two things in the world that were never intended to hum...hotrods and motorcycles! When I started riding BMWs, I changed my mind. The quiet is certainly less tiring. Maybe too many years of working the line at the dragstrip, and driving front-engined dragsters, made me appreciate noise less. One thing is for sure, the noise damaged my hearing.

There has not been a single study that has shown that "loud pipes save lives." There has not been one bit of statistical evidence, either. If an idiot does not pay attention to you, no pipe or horn is going to change that. There are only two proven helps...defensive riding and loud clothing. Yes, loud clothing. Hi-vis clothing has shown a significant reduction in accidents. Clothing a part of the body that moves, like with a jacket or helmet, does best. If I am going to spend $500, my choice will be the clothes instead of the loud pipe.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    I used to say that there were two things in the world that were never intended to hum...hotrods and motorcycles! When I started riding BMWs, I changed my mind. The quiet is certainly less tiring. Maybe too many years of working the line at the dragstrip, and driving front-engined dragsters, made me appreciate noise less. One thing is for sure, the noise damaged my hearing.

There has not been a single study that has shown that "loud pipes save lives." There has not been one bit of statistical evidence, either. If an idiot does not pay attention to you, no pipe or horn is going to change that. There are only two proven helps...defensive riding and loud clothing. Yes, loud clothing. Hi-vis clothing has shown a significant reduction in accidents. Clothing a part of the body that moves, like with a jacket or helmet, does best. If I am going to spend $500, my choice will be the clothes instead of the loud pipe.
    Well said Scotty. I've heard that the person who hits a motorcyclist usually says that they didn't see them not that they didn't hear them.
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Amen
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

I'm not a big fan of loud pipes and the older I get the less I like them.

That being said I can say without a doubt that there has been times that I have given my throttle a twist and stopped someone from cutting out in front of me or backing into me. It works the same as a horn, just a different sound and my hand is already on it. There may not be a statistic to prove it but I've proven it from hands on experience.

Kewlmetal is very loud but this one may be louder.
    [ame]http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=t6-5FP3yvuI[/ame]