Invalid Emails
    Hampton On (Summer) Miramar Beach Fl (Winter)
    Spyder Garage

Default DPS Accidents ??

Has anyone had an accident yet on their Spyder with the faulty DPS units? My first Spyder did have a DPS go wrong while driving and it happened on a strait road, not on a turn and it was a handful to control. Now I must wait to get my new RT fixed hoping it doesn't go wrong until then. Over a week already waiting for a replacement rebuilt unit. I am not to happy and can imagine am not alone here.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tonga View Post
    Has anyone had an accident yet on their Spyder with the faulty DPS units? My first Spyder did have a DPS go wrong while driving and it happened on a strait road, not on a turn and it was a handful to control. Now I must wait to get my new RT fixed hoping it doesn't go wrong until then. Over a week already waiting for a replacement rebuilt unit. I am not to happy and can imagine am not alone here.

Is your RT having a DPS problem? And how are you getting a "replacement rebuilt" unit. The 2G DPS, as BRP has stated is a new unit, redesigned, etc., not a "rebuilt" unit. So far it doesn't seem like any RTs have had any DPS problems, so you should relax. Be thankful BRP is even replacing units that have not had any problems. Yes, there have been accidents, but I never stopped riding my 2008 SE5 because someone had an accident, and now have 43K miles. Had my 2G DPS installed two weeks ago.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

Spyder Garage

No accident here, but nothing wrong with being safe than sorry! My dealer is bummed because BRP is only paying for half of what it cost to do the recall. I told them not to let it get to them to where they do any shoddy (spelling?) work.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dudley View Post
    Is your RT having a DPS problem? And how are you getting a "replacement rebuilt" unit. The 2G DPS, as BRP has stated is a new unit, redesigned, etc., not a "rebuilt" unit. So far it doesn't seem like any RTs have had any DPS problems, so you should relax. Be thankful BRP is even replacing units that have not had any problems. Yes, there have been accidents, but I never stopped riding my 2008 SE5 because someone had an accident, and now have 43K miles. Had my 2G DPS installed two weeks ago.
    All DPS units built till august this year have a fault that might freeze up the steering. It takes extra effort to turn the steering and can cause a lane shift. Dangerous if you are driving fast and on a curve. I don't think I or we should be thankful for faulty parts. I will be thankful when I get my RT repaired yes but untill then I can not get out of my mind that it "might" happen. I have also been told that a new unit is not going to happen. I will get a rebuilt unit from another RT, that is why I am still waiting to get mine repaired. I guess no one has had an incident yet on the RT/RTS.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

All DPS units built till august this year have a fault that might freeze up the steering. It takes extra effort to turn the steering and can cause a lane shift. Dangerous if you are driving fast and on a curve. I don't think I or we should be thankful for faulty parts. I will be thankful when I get my RT repaired yes but untill then I can not get out of my mind that it "might" happen. I have also been told that a new unit is not going to happen. I will get a rebuilt unit from another RT, that is why I am still waiting to get mine repaired. I guess no one has had an incident yet on the RT/RTS.
    Someone told you wrong. Its a completely new unit that you will get. I have mine already installed. I went thru all of the DPS issues with my 09 RS. Never had a single issue with the RT but was very happy to see BRP step up and do a total unit replacement of all DPS systems on the spyders since 08 until now

Spyder Garage

Well I can't tell you how you should feel, but if you ride with what "might" happen in your mind, maybe the Spyder isn't for you. Everything made by man has a "might" factor built in. Your very existence has a "might" happen factor. 20,000+ Spyder owners have never stopped riding their Spyders because they found out the DPS has issues. I would guess that those 20,000+ Spyders have accumulated several million miles without incidents. That's pretty good odds in my book.
    2008 GS SE5 in 2008
    Traded at 43,000 miles for a left over
    2010 RT SM5 in 2011
    Traded at 57,000 for a left over
    2014 RTS SE6 in 2015, which has 35,000 miles
    Oct 19th, 2017, totaled 2014 RT while killing a Javaline
    Dec 12th, 2017 drove a 2017 F3L home. What an awesome machine!

Never had any breakdown stranded issues.

Spyder Garage

Default DPS

I still am waiting for my dealer to get new DPS units in. Called them last week and they said their waiting for more from BRP that they had to send back what old units they had before they could get more. YES, I'm still driving RT.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I guess that my question has been answered, no accidents. I am driving my RT and I have had a DPS unit fail me on my Premier Edition so I know how hard it is to handle with the steering sticking on a spot and requiring extra effort to steer, not a nice thing. Well, my dealer told me that I was getting a rebiult unit. That is why owners have to wait till one unit is sent back to BRP before BRP sends out another. Over a week already here and my Dealer is trying to get at least 1 extra unit. I wonder what would happen to someone on a trip with a failed unit and miles away from home?