Thread: Spyder X

Spyder Garage

Default Spyder X

Brp is well known to produce machines in a X package HPG shocks stiffer sway bars on sleds, watercraft see custom handle controls larger intake grates, ATV's get cooler tires HPG shocks custom graphics. Hell even the new Commander is available with a X package. Spyder X could get HPG shocks adjustable sway bar maybe different wheels or go crazy and offer a different tire in a softer compound that we will burn up quicker so we could buy more. Just my thought of the day, the release of a Spyder X would have gotten some attention, works for marketing all other BRP lines. I understand the introduction of the Commander this year took up alot of resources but just a little suspension performance HPG shocks are needed, not for all but some. Instead I'll enjoy lookin' at the 2011 line up with BNG (Bold New Graphics).

Jim
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

I totally agree with you. In another post on here I stated how I was wishing they would have made a Spyder GT or RXT for 2011, like they do for their watercraft line up. A higher performance version of the Spyder from the factory would be really cool to see.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

None of these machines is streetable like the Spyder. I think that is the difference. BRP went out of their way to make this one represent safety first, and they tied down the engine programming so that even their techs cannot change the timing or mixture. I don't think you will ever see an "X" package for this one.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    None of these machines is streetable like the Spyder. I think that is the difference. BRP went out of their way to make this one represent safety first, and they tied down the engine programming so that even their techs cannot change the timing or mixture. I don't think you will ever see an "X" package for this one.
    Yup.. I really like the Limp Mode at 75 MPH while boxed by other traffic on the interstate... That has happened to two forum members...

Sometimes in trying to make a safe product, the safety gets in the way of logic, and can get people killed. I hope they can design that part of limp mode out of the Spyder.
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

My comments were on suspension performance, HPG shocks stiffer sway bar things of that nature nothing as far as HP increases or elimination of "Nanny" and they have done this on other models the new Commander is a prime example same HP just a litlle better suspension package. Also if a (serious) competitor ever enters this market of reverse trikes, the X package would be released within a week of the competitor's press release. Although I am of the opinion we will see a X package of some nature probably in 2012.

Please Scotty just let me dream
    I'm tryin' to plant a seed here, give me fertilizer

Cheers
    Jim
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jedd View Post
    My comments were on suspension performance, HPG shocks stiffer sway bar things of that nature nothing as far as HP increases or elimination of "Nanny" and they have done this on other models the new Commander is a prime example same HP just a litlle better suspension package. Also if a (serious) competitor ever enters this market of reverse trikes, the X package would be released within a week of the competitor's press release. Although I am of the opinion we will see a X package of some nature probably in 2012.

Please Scotty just let me dream
    I'm tryin' to plant a seed here, give me fertilizer

Cheers
    Jim
    Don't get me wrong, I would like to see it, too. I even suggested it on a thread about possible improvements. They could make some money selling a variety of springs and shocks. I just don't think they want us to push them harder.

I'll join you in your dream...or stop dreaming and buy aftermarket. Don't ask me for fertilizer, though...I worked at a s**t plant for 27 years. That kind of fertilizer is messy.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Don't get me wrong, I would like to see it, too. I even suggested it on a thread about possible improvements. They could make some money selling a variety of springs and shocks. I just don't think they want us to push them harder.

I'll join you in your dream...or stop dreaming and buy aftermarket. Don't ask me for fertilizer, though...I worked at a s**t plant for 27 years. That kind of fertilizer is messy.
    Thanks Bro I saw a thread welcoming a new member FarmerJim maybe I can get fertilizer there. I just think a X would get more sled heads over here too. Its a marketing tool that has worked so well for them in the past. You very well may be correct, and thanks for joining the dream

Jim
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

I'd like to see an X package too. It would sure help with the landings. These things jump great but they land like a sack of potatos.
    Longlegs rides again.

Spyder Garage

After much ryding of twisties at SitS, I can definitely say I need to make some changes to my Spyder as well. The first will be new front tires, then a sway bar, and then new shocks. I also need to do some self modification and attempt to shed quite a few pounds.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

My brother has a renegade x and I have a commander x due in any day.

Spyder Garage

Sat down with a dealer i've ridden with before and was told an "X" package is basically a done deal.BRP will intro. it when the economy picks up and like with there other lines has it in order to sell the "sizzle" an keep sales coming.They must be aware that a upscale shock package like is available on their sled line-up would sell.They have been in the toy market a long time and wont put all their eggs in one basket.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Just Doo Me View Post
    Sat down with a dealer i've ridden with before and was told an "X" package is basically a done deal.BRP will intro. it when the economy picks up and like with there other lines has it in order to sell the "sizzle" an keep sales coming.They must be aware that a upscale shock package like is available on their sled line-up would sell.They have been in the toy market a long time and wont put all their eggs in one basket.
    I will be very interested in seeing what they eventually come out with.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!