Spyder Garage

Default How would you...

How would you rate the sound system on the RT versus the 06 or newer GL1800?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rider Steve View Post
    How would you rate the sound system on the RT versus the 06 or newer GL1800 or the 05 or newer BMW LT?
    Very similar. I would not feel I was stepping down to the RT.
    08 RS/SM5 (Hers) (sold)
    15 RT-S (Mine)
    2015 RT-S , Metallic Black

Spyder Garage

Cool...another question... Does the RT have a find feature like the Goldwing does when you move out of range of your local stations? The Goldwing radio will hunt other stations (with the push of a button) to find other stations in the area your traveling through.

Spyder Garage

The Spyder has a manual "seek" function, but it is hard to get at while moving, limited in scope, and even harder to remember which buttons to push...in what order.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Thats why I have XM radio. I can listen to the same channel all over.
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sopher View Post
    Thats why I have XM radio. I can listen to the same channel all over.
    I'm trying to retire and I can't do it by increasing my monthly bills.

Spyder Garage

I have over 6,000 cuts on my iPod… who needs the radio? My Garmin handles the traffic, and my iPhone the weather… Now it doesn't matter if the antenna falls off….

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I agree with Scotty on the manual seek being hard to use. The problem to me is that if you stop on a station then decide that you want to change it you wind up back where you were and have to start all over again. For instance you have a preset at 96 and you scan to 100 then decide that you don't want 100. When you press and hold to scan again it goes back to 96 not to 101. Or if you don't hold the button down long enough you just go between your presets. I could do without the preset feature as I always listen to the same station if I am in town and when I'm on the road I want to be able to scan the available stations.

It would be a lot easier if there was a button to use for scanning/seeking that was independent of the preset buttons. Also, the shape of the buttons including the turn signals and mode buttons are not easy to push with gloves on.

As for the sound I think it sounds good at low speeds but at highway speed I have trouble hearing anything but bass.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CanAnn View Post
    As for the sound I think it sounds good at low speeds but at highway speed I have trouble hearing anything but bass.
    It helped me a bit to adjust the bass way down, and the treble up. I can hear better now...until the wind noise drowns everything out.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

We're comparing our stereos to the one that's on what is probably the most refined and improved mileage-accumulator on the market... Honda has been building 'Wings for 35 years now, and our RTs are, relatively speaking; still in diapers. Sometimes I still get confused with all of the buttons, but I ain't gonna trade it! Give BRP some time and it'll be even more perfect than it is right now...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

in europe we have different frequencies for the radio - this "radio" is.. just forget it - absolut un-useable - waiting for an update - awkward for BRP
    chris
    Outlander fairing - Fox-shock - BajaRon Swaybar - Hankook tire/ back - 165/50 Imperial tires front & longer front shocks - GIVI Topase - Shad sidecases -heated grips - new seats

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    We're comparing our stereos to the one that's on what is probably the most refined and improved mileage-accumulator on the market... Honda has been building 'Wings for 35 years now, and our RTs are, relatively speaking; still in diapers. Sometimes I still get confused with all of the buttons, but I ain't gonna trade it! Give BRP some time and it'll be even more perfect than it is right now...
    That's not a problem, stereo's have been around for a long time. Great sound was figured out quite some time ago (many years). The problems that exist today are usually because corporate thinks they should reinvent the wheel each time they do something that's already been figured out. That's how the invented recalls.