Very Active Member sealfloorboards's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default new RT SE5 Seal FloorBoard

Hi all,

Yesterday (Labor Day) I did the final fitting of my new RT SE5 Seal FloorBoard set. I'll start production tomorrow and should be redy to ship in about two weeks. Many thanks to my friend Scott for giving me unlimited access to his RT SE5. I'll have photos next week when he returns from a business trip.

Look for them,

John
    Seal FloorBoards.

RT-S PE-0399
    Spyder Garage

Default Seal Floorboards

I had the pleasure of letting John Anderson use my RT-S SE5 as template for his Seal Floorboard. The Seal Floorboard is a floorboard that goes from the rear passenger footrests to the front radiator openings with various bends for the forward foot position. The brake pedal does not have to be relocated and works just fine with the Seal Floorboard mounted. These mount on top of the foot pegs and below the passenger foot rests. You only have to remove the rubber pads of the foot pegs, total of 4 bolts.

I am 6'6" tall and weigh over 300 lbs. I was able to stand on the Seal Floorboard and it did not give at all, even when I put my weight on the outer edges of the boards. There is some flex but it is only minute and adds to the comfort of the ride.

When I put my feet on the normal position on the pegs, my knees are less than 90 degrees which after a while is somewhat uncomfortable. I took a ride with the Seal Floorboards on my RT-S and found that I was able to position my feet in a way that my knee angle was 90 degrees. This was very comfortable and was very easy to use the brake pedal. To test that there was no interference in stopping, I went around my neighborhood at various speeds and stopped gently and also did panic stops. The boards did not inhibit the ability to find and use the brake pedal at all. I actually found using the pedal easier than before.

On the test ride, I was able to check how my feet would work on the front angled postion of the board by the radiator openings. Again very comfortable! I discovered that I found 3 different foot positions that worked for me. To the point I can not wait for the finished product. I will happily write that check for the mod.

Being that John was using his aluminum masters on my RT-S, I do not have pictures but he did take pictures of my bike with them on. If you PM him he might send you a pic. He did say that the finished product should be out in about 2 weeks, powder coater time he said.

Spyder Garage

Thumbs up

John just sent us pics of the new floorboards and we're eager to see them in person in a couple of weeks.

And 8 Legged Freak, thanks for letting John use your RT for a demo and for posting your impressions of this new product.

Cat & Vaughn
    Vaughn
    Spyder Cat's other half
    Passing thru Southern Oregon? Come ryde with us SOreSpyders@yahoo.com

2010 RT-SE5 PE#783
    Mods: Corbin Custom Seat & passenger arm rests; Elka Shocks, RT622 trailer, and lots and lots of gas. . . . and did I mention, a new rear tire?
    2010 RS , custom home made billet Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks 8 Legged Freak

I want to publicly thank 8 Legged Freak for his very kind review om the new RT SE5 Seal FloorBoard. I couldn't have done it without your generous use of your RT. When you said you wanted to write a review I didn't know what to expect, what a nice surprise at the detail you went into. That's what makes a business grow, customer input. I encourage all reviews, good or bad. If you like your FloorBoard, tell me, if you have a problem, I promise I will work with you until it's made right.

Thanks again my friend. I look forward to future rides.

John
    Seal FloorBoards.com

Spyder Garage

Pictures soon?
    Thanks Jim - a.k.a. SpyderRider

"Experience hath shewn, that even under the best forms of government those entrusted with power have, in time, and by slow operations, perverted it into tyranny".

~ Thomas Jefferson

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

yes pics, im interested in close up pics, not like what is on the seals website> if you want people to buy your boards we need to see them

Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=RoadHammer;248743]yes pics, im interested in close up pics, not like what is on the seals website> if you want people to buy your boards we need to see them[/QUOTE

+1 Better Pics please.
    Happy Owner

RT-S PE-0399
    Spyder Garage

[quote=fastfraser;248763]
    Quote Originally Posted by RoadHammer View Post
    yes pics, im interested in close up pics, not like what is on the seals website> if you want people to buy your boards we need to see them[/QUOTE

+1 Better Pics please.
    I will post pics as soon as the finished product is on my ryde. Just waiting for the powder coater according to John, I am as eager as anyone!!!

RT-S PE-0399
    Spyder Garage

Default Pictures

Here is what the mock up master looks like on the bike. The finished ones will be powder coated in black and they are able to be painted if you want.

I am 6'6" tall and about 350. I was able to stand completely on one of the boards and it did not have any issues. I was very happy with how I fit in relation to foot placement and the comfort.

I am have more pictures that John Anderson has emailed me but they are too big for the upload parameters But if you email me I will be glad to send them to you.

If you can tell me how to reduce the size of the files so I can upload, please tell me. I do need all the help I can get.

The other Scotty

Spyder Garage

We really appreciated your review and are looking forward to seeing the finished product in person when John travels through our area soon!
    Cat
    Vaughn
    Spyder Cat's other half
    Passing thru Southern Oregon? Come ryde with us SOreSpyders@yahoo.com

2010 RT-SE5 PE#783
    Mods: Corbin Custom Seat & passenger arm rests; Elka Shocks, RT622 trailer, and lots and lots of gas. . . . and did I mention, a new rear tire?
    2010 RS , custom home made billet Red/Black

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 8 Legged Freak View Post
    Here is what the mock up master looks like on the bike. The finished ones will be powder coated in black and they are able to be painted if you want.

I am 6'6" tall and about 350. I was able to stand completely on one of the boards and it did not have any issues. I was very happy with how I fit in relation to foot placement and the comfort.

I am have more pictures that John Anderson has emailed me but they are too big for the upload parameters But if you email me I will be glad to send them to you.

If you can tell me how to reduce the size of the files so I can upload, please tell me. I do need all the help I can get.

The other Scotty
    Thanks for the pictures. Have you checked your oil since the boards have been mounted? It looks like the forward portion of the boards MAY interfere with the removal of those front panels. And since the rubber has to be removed from the stock pegs, have you noticed a sharp increase in vibration through the boards?

RT-S PE-0399
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stillriding View Post
    Thanks for the pictures. Have you checked your oil since the boards have been mounted? It looks like the forward portion of the boards MAY interfere with the removal of those front panels. And since the rubber has to be removed from the stock pegs, have you noticed a sharp increase in vibration through the boards?
    These were the mock up pair, I will be getting the permenent set on once they are done and will be able to tell if there is any interference. As far as vibrations, I did not notice any difference.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

They look simple and nice. I noticed they are rounded like the RS ones. I would definitely pick up a pair if SealFloorBoards would give them angles instead of rounding them to compliment the RT's shape. I think more will sell when they look like they were made for the bike. They also should have a textured surface for grip and cushion like a big piece of rubber for rain and long distance riding. They are not cheap, so hopefully these things can be added.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by crtravelnmore View Post
    They look simple and nice. I noticed they are rounded like the RS ones. I would definitely pick up a pair if SealFloorBoards would give them angles instead of rounding them to compliment the RT's shape. I think more will sell when they look like they were made for the bike. They also should have a textured surface for grip and cushion like a big piece of rubber for rain and long distance riding. They are not cheap, so hopefully these things can be added.
    I am interested in your thoughts on the "angles" you refer to.

Spyder Garage

Default Seal FloorBoards

Quote Originally Posted by canam9 View Post
    Hi,

I designed the Seal FloorBoards to go with the RT. I think the curves go with the bike much better than making them boxy and angular. It's an opinion, but it's based on 40 yrs. as a full time metal sculptor. The finish is a textured powder coat.
    John
    Seal FloorBoards

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I have a Burgman400. It's foot boards are the perfect example of angles, rubber comfort and safety while riding wet. Towards the rear board near the passenger foot board and the very top of the "highway" front board should start in to the body say 35 degrees. The lines on the seal boards are great and already there. This would tweak the product and give it a finish touch. It's like the Corbin backrest and the Utopia backrest. The Corbin is round and comfortable, plus the name is Corbin and they don't offer anything else. The Utopia on the other hand looks like BRP made it. The boxy look and angles in the stiching fit the RT. It's also comfortable. I'm not slamming the product, just adding some adittional views.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by crtravelnmore View Post
    I have a Burgman400. It's foot boards are the perfect example of angles, rubber comfort and safety while riding wet. Towards the rear board near the passenger foot board and the very top of the "highway" front board should start in to the body say 35 degrees. The lines on the seal boards are great and already there. This would tweak the product and give it a finish touch. It's like the Corbin backrest and the Utopia backrest. The Corbin is round and comfortable, plus the name is Corbin and they don't offer anything else. The Utopia on the other hand looks like BRP made it. The boxy look and angles in the stiching fit the RT. It's also comfortable. I'm not slamming the product, just adding some adittional views.
    Hi canam9,

I don't take constructive comments such as yours a slam. I appreciate all the input I can get. Many have been very helpful and I do listen. I may not always agree but hey, you are kind enough to take the time to share your ideas.

Thanks,

John
    Seal FloorBoards

Spyder Garage

Are you going to offer a version for the SM5? I like the look and the idea also having a highway board all in one.
    --
    Phil

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then when you criticize them, you are a mile away and have their shoes.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by phillipbj View Post
    Are you going to offer a version for the SM5? I like the look and the idea also having a highway board all in one.
    Hi phillipbj,

I do plan to offer an SM5 version but have no date yet. I'm very busy getting the three models I have (RS SE5, RS SM5 and RT SE5) up and running. The RT SE5 goes on the market this week. I want everything perfect before I start on a new project. I will keep you posted. Thanks for your interest.

John,
    Seal FloorBoards.com

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by sealfloorboards View Post
    Hi canam9,

I don't take constructive comments such as yours a slam. I appreciate all the input I can get. Many have been very helpful and I do listen. I may not always agree but hey, you are kind enough to take the time to share your ideas.

Thanks,

John
    Seal FloorBoards
    John, I did not take it as a slam.