Thread: HMT Brake light

Spyder Garage

Default HMT Brake light

I'll be attempting the installation of the HMT Brake light this weekend. Just a couple of questions/concerns:

1) if I'm understanding the instruction...there are 3 wires coming off the light, but I will only use 2 (red & black) for brake light?

2) How precise do I have to be when placing the light? Does the 3m tape allow for any adjustment once it's stuck?

Spyder Bytes: Kury ISO Grips, GL1500 Windshield Vent w/ accent, Heel-Toe Shifter(inspectorgadget), HMT Brake Light, 12v outlet in frunk, GPS-Phone mount w/ case(techmounts.com), seat seal, Right Side Grill Covers(customdynamics.com), Fan Can10(ISCIrides.com), CAT Shields(SpyderPops.com), Elka Shocks, PressurePro TPMS, Cobra CB....and of course Cup Holders(mycupholders.com)

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by John G View Post
    I'll be attempting the installation of the HMT Brake light this weekend. Just a couple of questions/concerns:

1) if I'm understanding the instruction...there are 3 wires coming off the light, but I will only use 2 (red & black) for brake light?

2) How precise do I have to be when placing the light? Does the 3m tape allow for any adjustment once it's stuck?
    I love the HMT light... should have had it from the factory!!

1) only 2 wires on the light red (hot) and black (ground)
    2) very precise!... that stuff will stick like a fly to flypaper, be really hard to take off once it is on there. Just be very precise when you put it on and you will be ok.. try fitting it without taking the backing off first and get a feel for it.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Yep, you get one shot once you use the adhesion promoter and peel the plastic off the tape. I pre-fit mine and put tape at the ends to mark the final fit.

Spyder Garage

There are only 2 wires coming off of an HMT itself. The HMT harness has 3 wires and if you did not purchase the 2 IN 1 Unit than you will only be using 2 of the HMT harness wires depending on how you want the HMT light to function.

You will use the red and black wires from the HMT harness if you want the HMT light as a third brake light, or use the orange and black wires from the HMT harness if you want the HMT light to be a third running light.

The HMT light really almost "self fits" itself into the pocket so it is pretty easy to get it in there.

However once the tape graps it graps.

So my advise is "trial fit" it once before you remove the tape backing to see how it will be placed.

MM
    [URL="http://www.esicycleproducts.com/"]

Spyder Garage

doesn't allow for adjustment, I had mine put on by the dealership and it is not leve/flushl with the back lid. They said it is the design that was not accurate,and that's the best they could do

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TicketBait View Post
    doesn't allow for adjustment, I had mine put on by the dealership and it is not leve/flushl with the back lid. They said it is the design that was not accurate,and that's the best they could do

Ya OK.
    [URL="http://www.esicycleproducts.com/"]