Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

You can order either the TMC1/X270 or ZD24RDP at the folloing site:

http://www.keys4urride.com/triumph-c-37.html

Spyder Garage

Place your spare key in a small baggy and keep it inside your lower body cavity. Problem solved.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

...and here I was just planning to staple it to my chest...
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Spyder Garage

I had a non chipped key made and used a magnetic key box,placed it on top of the frame under the steering box its a bit to reach.Now its covered with dust and hard to see hasnt moved in many miles

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just had a key made for my RT. It will only fit the lock on the back trunk. Tomorrow some double sticky velcro and spare key goes into trunk and trunk key gets put away on bike. Anybody stealing a Spyder better not be in hurry. Does not make a good gettaway bike.
    Last edited by rogerb; 04-12-2011 at 10:08 PM.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

What about the Phantoms? They at least look pretty stealthy!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by rogerb View Post
    I just had a key made for my RT. It will only fit the lock on the back trunk. Tomorrow some double sticky velcro and spare key goes into trunk and trunk key gets put away on bike. Anybody stealing a Spyder better not be in hurry. Does not make a good gettaway bike.
    Waiting for the 'puter to boot up, you would have enough time for a cup o' coffee, phone call to cops, and a stroll around the block!

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

...so then I'd have to say that Spyder Ryders are more honest than the typical motorcyclist??

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by REDSPY View Post
    You can order either the TMC1/X270 or ZD24RDP at the folloing site:

http://www.keys4urride.com/triumph-c-37.html
    The only problem of order bulk off of the internet is you still will have to get them cut, and do not forget shipping and handling.

Every place I know will still charge you the same price to cut your blank as they will for their key (with no guarantee's).

So you are not really ahead that way.

Locks of Luck
    Michael

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MarkLawson View Post
    I'm curious to know if you were to permanently mount a key, secure & out of sight, near the ignition switch, could you then have non-chip blanks cut that would work? If so, you might be able to get replacements for just a few dollars each.

Just a thought...
    Mark:

Answer NO.

Sorry but the transponder (Chip) has to be in front of ignition and only about 1 inch out. That is why the after market key needs to be modified, we drilled the cavity a little deeper to get it closer to the ignition. Close is not good enough it has to be right in front.

Locks of Luck
    Michael

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Michael,

I did a search for "ZD24RTS" on the Silca website and didn't find anything. Any further advice on getting one of these? Thanks.

Mike

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by InspectorGadget View Post
    Or you could get a non-chip spare key that will work to open the trunks, and lock your second chipped key away(front or back trunk).
    You could tape the spare non-chip key to the inside of the front oil tank cover in case of emergency---to unlock the trunk and retrieve your chipped key.C-YA RL
    I just did this... Had the non-chipped key made at Rick's Lock & Key for $3. Works on all the RT locks.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by liketoride2 View Post
    Michael,

I did a search for "ZD24RTS" on the Silca website and didn't find anything. Any further advice on getting one of these? Thanks.

Mike
    Mike:

I suggest you find a local locksmith. If he does not have them
    He should be able to get them. Like I said before getting off the net
    Is no going to safe anything, your going to have cut and most
    Are going charge you their regular price.

Locks of Luck
    Michael

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Tell me where to send my two times $.79 plus postage for two key blanks. Arthur---Mexico City xe1ll@prodigy.net.mx

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs down spare key delimia

Quote Originally Posted by cjackg View Post
    I just did this... Had the non-chipped key made at Rick's Lock & Key for $3. Works on all the RT locks.
    I have no Locksmith's who can do any "different " locks-- standard Honda is even hard for them-- This is a problem!!!! Several hours to a big town and I sure cant send off my Spyder key!!!!! No way!!!!! Gotta be better way- love the IPS deal but everyone will eventually figure it out!!!!! HArdto know what to do--- I had a slalesman lose a Piggaio key and he got the blank but no one could cut it---- took 2 years for me to find a place who knew a place that might cut it- this was an all day trip too!! UGH Joan
    Last edited by JoanJenn; 04-15-2011 at 04:10 PM. Reason: spell

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by JoanJenn View Post
    I have no Locksmith's who can do any "different " locks-- standard Honda is even hard for them-- This is a problem!!!! Several hours to a big town and I sure cant send off my Spyder key!!!!! No way!!!!! Gotta be better way- love the IPS deal but everyone will eventually figure it out!!!!! HArdto know what to do--- I had a slalesman lose a Piggaio key and he got the blank but no one could cut it---- took 2 years for me to find a place who knew a place that might cut it- this was an all day trip too!! UGH Joan
    JoanJenn:

Can you post or send me a clear close up picture of your key? Let see what I can do with it.

Locks of Luck
    Michael

Spyder Garage

Keys are an integral part of a professional locksmith's profession. How can a locksmith be "key challenged"? Are there not continuing education classes available for them?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by cougar View Post
    Keys are an integral part of a professional locksmith's profession. How can a locksmith be "key challenged"? Are there not continuing education classes available for them?
    Cougar:

Automotive (Motorcycle) locksmithing as always been a different animal for locksmiths, now with the transponder (Chip) keys added to the mix some like myself have decided not to invest the money and time to keep up with this part of our profession. One man shops small market, means no "no return on investment"

If you ever need a locksmith please check out ALOA (associated locksmiths of America), or ClearStar.com, They both have great locksmith finders at their web sites.

Locks of Luck
    Michael