Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Our travel plans are pretty much the same - use all day Friday to travel to Petoskey via the scenic route, to the Days Inn. I was just wondering if any of the group from SE Michigan was planning on riding together or finding some place to meet up for lunch on Friday. Plenty of time to plan.
    Dan

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Dan
    I was going to transport my spyder in my toy hauler which I bought recently. otherwise the idea of riding together to Petosky from SE michigan sounds wonderful too, espically if the weather will be nice. what route where you planning ? Please let me know .Thanks.
    Jason

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Cindi & I would be happy to meet up with folks from southerm MI on this run. We're planning on leaving Friday morning. Will watch the board for details.

Spyder Garage

Hi everyone,
    Looks like we are going to have a good time. Joan and I will be leaving on Friday morning also. As the time draws nearer we can connect and try to arrange a time and place to meet to ride up to Petoskey together. We have to make a quick trip to South Carolina this week end, but we try to talk when we get back.
    Bob

Spyder Garage

Bob, have a safe journey to SC. Plenty of time to make plans next week.

Well, made an appointment a week in advance at C&C for the DPS recall, took off a half day of work, and when I arrived they didn't have the replacement part. No excuse, no reason why they didn't call me in the morning to save a trip up there. I was not a happy camper. He said they would do it on a Saturday while I waited and at least did apologize, but jeez, I was not pleased. Why did they ask for a phone number if they're not going to use it?
    Dan

Spyder Garage

Default Tunnel of Trees Ride

It looks like we are going to have at least 5 or 6 Spyders making the Tunnel of Trees ride in Petoskey this weekend. If anyone wants to join it's not late. We will be leaving Friday morning around 9:00am. However, because Joan's Spyder is at the dealer in Mt Morris for the DPS recall, and our schedule this week is so tight, we are picking it up on the way north. So we will be travelling I-75 north, if anyone wants to ride with us get in touch and we'll make arrangements. Hope to see all of you on Friday.
    Bob

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Hope you all have fun. We won't be able to go we are returning the RS to Wisconsin this weekend. I'll probably ride it and Joe will follow in the car. We need to do it while the weather is halfway decent. We don't have a 12v outlet on it to plug in electric clothes.

We missed ya'll at SITS we had a great time. 1,800 miles for Joe 1,780 for me as mine spent 20 miles being towed to a dealer for emergency surgery.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Default Not Going to Make it This Weekend...

Well, Sandy and I are not going to be getting to the North country this weekend.... it's just gonna be too darn cold!!

We rode last Saturday morning and that was cold enough, in spite of chaps, leathers, thinsulate and more. This weekend will be much colder yet (40's), and we're just not up for that.

Fair weather riders we may be... we'll hope that the forecasts are wrong and it turns out to be much warmer for all you brave folks!

Safe & Fun Ride for all.....

Bill & Sandy

Spyder Garage

Geri and I are still in "go" mode, despite the temps. We have Gerbings heated clothing if needed, but I tend to ride year round and have the clothing for it. We'll probably do most of the trip north on smaller roads, keeping the speed and therefore the wind chill under control. Plus when it's cold there are more excuses for stops for coffee ... and pie!
    Dan

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Leaving now for the tunnel of trees...Should be there around 5-6 depending on how much we goof off on the way up. See you folks there...Larry

Spyder Garage

Wish we could be there with you guys. Too many obstacles. Nancy has homecoming activities (she is the senior class advisor), I'm trying desparately to get the house painted, I missed the last BMW club meeting and shouldn't miss this one, and my RTS is parked indefinitely, after serious difficulties on the Tennessee trip. Have some fun, and drink a mug of cider for Scotty.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NancysToy View Post
    Wish we could be there with you guys. Too many obstacles. Nancy has homecoming activities (she is the senior class advisor), I'm trying desparately to get the house painted, I missed the last BMW club meeting and shouldn't miss this one, and my RTS is parked indefinitely, after serious difficulties on the Tennessee trip. Have some fun, and drink a mug of cider for Scotty.

We had a wonderful ride all day today. A wonderful group of riders. Did the tunnel of trees in fifty degree temp but no rain and it was beautiful. Crossed the Big Mac bridge and back which became the highlight of the ride. Funny and exhlirating feeling over those grates 300 feet above water. Hope your RT is taken care off very very soon.
    Last edited by mvengineer; 10-04-2010 at 07:58 AM.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mvengineer View Post
    We had a wonderful ride all day today. A wonderful group of riders. Did the tunnel of trees in fifty degree temp but no rain and it was beautiful. Crossed the Big Mac bridge and back which became the highlight of the ride. Funny and exhlarating feeling over those grates 300 feet above water. Hope your RT is taken care off very very soon.
    Jason - it was great meeting you this weekend. The Tunnel of Trees and the ride up to the bridge were great. Somehow we really lucked out with the weather, with alternating clouds and sunlight. It was beautiful to see the fall colors and the beautiful scenery.

Dinner Friday night and lunch on Saturday were great, as well all had a chance to meet, talk and get to know each other better. I didn't take nearly enough pictures, but I'll try to post some in the next few days.
    Dan

SpyderLovers Sponsor
    Spyder Garage

Sounds like you had a great time. I wish we could have gone. I rode the 2008 GS to Wisconsin on Friday it was a little chilly but not bad. Saturday was a little colder but I had a nice ride. We are back to being a 1 Spyder family again which gives us back some much needed space in the garage.

The weather looks great for this next week and I think we will head out on a day trip to see how the colors are a little further north.

Please post your pictures when you get a chance.

2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

A great group of people, great food and a great ryde! What more could you ask for?

P.S. After no issues with my steering since the first recall, my DPS started acting up on one leg of the trip on the way up, and ALL THE WAY HOME on the way back! It was a white knuckle ryde to say the least! I should have just pulled the relays/fuses on it. It's going in tomorrow for the new DPS. The dealership actually called me to let me know it was in on Thursday but we were all set to leave first thing Friday morning so I decided to wait. Murphy's Law!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

[QUOTE=dancogan;253608]Jason - it was great meeting you this weekend. The Tunnel of Trees and the ride up to the bridge were great. Somehow we really lucked out with the weather, with alternating clouds and sunlight. It was beautiful to see the fall colors and the beautiful scenery.

Dan/ Same here, I really enjoyed meeting you and every one on this ride. I am already planning,in my mind, a weekend ride in my neck of the woods. Lake Huron shoreline, around the thumb, is very pretty and relativley close. I am thinking next spring unless you guys think, we can do a ride this year yet, I am open to input.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mvengineer View Post
    I am thinking next spring unless you guys think, we can do a ride this year yet, I am open to input.
    Based on the very cold ride home, I'm thinking next spring would be a better idea!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Randy
    I agree, next spring will be a better time and hope everybody's DPS will be replaced too. Sorry to hear you had trouble going back.
    Was telling my wife about Bonnie's courage crossing the Big Mac, espically on those grats that make you weave a little..... Good for her.

Spyder Garage

I sounds like we all made it home ok. Joan and I really want to let everyone know how enjoyable it was being with you. We actually saw Randy and Bonnie at a rest stop on I-75 between Gaylord and US-127, but we were past it before we saw you. We had stopped in Gaylord for a coffee and to call my brothers before we got on 75. We met them in West Branch for lunch and then made it home around 4:30. AND GUESS WHAT EVERYONE......I MADE IT ALL THE WAY HOME WITH NO "U" TURNS........HA.HA. Go figure!!!!!!!
    I think spring sound like a good idea for the ride to your area Jason.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Hi all...Cindi & I got home around 6...It was absolutely beautiful on the way home...sunny..nice roads and spydie ran like a charm. I'm thoroughly impressed with the DPS replacement...an added bonus...first time I've driven the spydie with the 2nd performance package from SpyderPops. What a huge difference. I never ran over 3 bars on the heat scale the entire trip with the exception of stop and go traffic when it went up to 4. It's one of the best add-ons for the RS as far as I'm concerned. We had a terrific time...great people...great food and 800 miles of pleasure on the spydie.

Spyder Garage

Lots of credit to Bob (RLS) for putting this together. If the pictures upload OK, the first one is a view from our motel. Just beautiful, and you can see fall colors are clearly coming in.

Next is a stop on our way to the Tunnel of Trees at a "Cookie House" in Harbor Springs. Again, Bob found out about this place and everyone had a bag of cookies to enjoy later in the day. Then, it was through the Tunnel of Trees, which was gorgeous on a day with bright sun, crisp air and puffy clouds that never rained enough to dampen the roads.

At the end of the Tunnel riders are rewarded with the great Polish cuisine of Leggs Inn (now spelled Legs Inn), and we all enjoyed a great lunch in an interior that has lots of character.

Then it was on to Mackinac City and crossing the Mackinac Bridge. The bridge crossing is 7 miles long, including the approaches, and is 300 feet over the water. It's a rush to ride across, on 2 wheels or 3!

After a coffee stop in St. Ignace, and a quick group photo by the waterfront, we headed back to the motel. Geri and I chose to ride the Tunnel a second time, and thanks to light traffic we were really able to enjoy the curves and the handling of the Spyder.

Sunday we left early to be rested for work on Monday, but the early departure from Petoskey left us with great memories of beautiful scenery! Cold ... but beautiful.
    Dan