Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Tunnel of Trees Weekend - Michigan

I guess Bob & Joan got my wife excited about taking a weekend trip up to the Tunnel of Trees in Harbor Springs/Cross Village, Michigan. Short story...it's gonna happen. It looks like a terrific ride in beautiful country on a stretch of one of the most scenic roads in the country. We're planning on the 1st weekend in October with a stay over on Saturday. If the first weekend doesn't work, then the 2nd one. If anybody's interested in joining up with us post a note here in the forum. We'd like to get a hotel booked asap due to the high demand. Here's a link for info on the ride and possible lodging areas. This should be one of the best rides of the year.
    M-119 (Michigan highway) - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia (Tunnel of Trees)
    Tunnel of Trees Lodging

Spyder Garage

Deb and I might like to do this. Last time we were up there, we camped in the KOA at Mackinaw City.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

I think if we did it, we would likely camp...and maybe visit some friends up North, too. We'll keep it in mind. It's a little far ahead for us to say for sure. Oops, Nancy just told me the first weekend of October is homecoming, so she's booked for that one.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Geri and I are interested if we can get off that Friday.

By the way, there's a great KOA in Petoskey: "The spectacular Petoskey RV & Cabin Resort is located in beautiful Northwest Michigan. The park is rated #1 in Michigan by Trailer Life and it is among the highest rated RV resort's in North America." They close on 10/12.

We could either motel it or use the motorhome. By the way, I couldn't get the link to work for lodging.
    Dan

Spyder Garage

Sounds good to me. Will know more as we get closer to that date.
    Here's To A Great Riding Season, Snowmobile That Is

"​Better to remain silent and be thought a fool than to speak and remove all doubt"

"Give a man a fish and he will eat for a day.
    Teach a man to fish and he will eat for a lifetime.
    Give a man religion and he will die praying for a fish"

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'm not adverse to camping either...Let the majority decide which weekend works best and hopefully by this weekend we'll have a concrete date. Sorry about the bad link...try this one.
    HotelReservations.com – Properties near Harbor Springs, MI

This one looked good...
    Comfort Inn - Reviews - Harbor Springs Hotels - Search KAYAK for Great Rates a

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

On your way up to the Tunnel of Tree's ...I recommend you take M-22 and scoot around the Leelanau Peninsula....also the ride up Mission Point (M-37) to the Lighthouse has always been one of my favorites.

Spyder Garage

Joan and I are up for the Tunnel. The only weekend we have available is Oct. 1,2,3. So, if it's a go for that weekend count us in. We will probably stay in one of the area motels. Larry sent you an e-mail today regarding area motels.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I think I was a little over zealous on this one. I didn't realize that Bob had already started this trip as an organized ride and I extend my sincere apologies. Sorry ). Anyway..I don't want to confuse the situation, Bob will be coordinating details for this ride, one that we're looking forward to. Larry

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

we were up to the tunnel of trees last week if you stay at days inn in Petoskey you get a 20% discount if you are riding a bike
    Jack

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Joe and I would love to go, I think either weekend is good for us. If the majority are camping we would do that also (if I can figure out how to load the RT in the toy hauler without taking off the nose)
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Would love to do this trip. It will give me an opportunity to haul my spyder in my toy hauler/camper then do the ride. Wouldnt mind staying a night or two. Waiting for more date details to confirm. Thanks to the organizers.

Spyder Garage

Wow, culture shock! I didn't envision RVs when I mentioned camping. How naive is that? I've gotta get out more!
    -Scotty
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Ok, it's official the dates for the Tunnel of Trees ride is going to be October 1,2,3. I made reservations for Joan and myself this morning at the Days Inn in Petoskey. They do offer a "bikers special" that is 20% off the room rate for any one that rides. The total room rate including tax is $153.70 for the two nights. I'm including the contact info for the Days Inn and for the Petoskey KOA for those of you that are going to camp.
    .Days Inn
    1420 spring Street (US-131)
    Petoskey, Mi. 49770
    (231) 348-3900
    They have the reservation tagged at Days Inn as Spyder Ride so they will you are with the group.
    .Petokey KOA
    1800 N. US-31
    Petoskey, Mi. 49770
    (231) 347-0005
    (800) 562-0253
    We hope as many of you can make as possible. The Tunnel is a beautiful ride and of course there is always Legs Inn for a lunch stop.
    hope to see you there.
    Bob

Spyder Garage

OK, we have reservations at the Days Inn. Now we just need to hope nothing on Geri's calendar or mine upsets our plans...
    Dan

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

We just amde reservations also...They gal did mention that's there's also a wedding at the hotel the same timeframe.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Littlebadwolf View Post
    We just amde reservations also...They gal did mention that's there's also a wedding at the hotel the same timeframe.
    Oh boy, free beer and eats. It doesn't get any better.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I am making reservations tomorrow morning. Scotty, do you want me to bring Larry Oz behind me on the spyder. Just kidding.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

As a matter of fact I just made the reservations tonight for two nights @ the days inn for October 1st and 2nd. Look forward to meet many Michiganian Spyder riders.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mvengineer View Post
    As a matter of fact I just made the reservations tonight for two nights @ the days inn for October 1st and 2nd. Look forward to meet many Michiganian Spyder riders.
    Us, too!
    Dan

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by mvengineer View Post
    I am making reservations tomorrow morning. Scotty, do you want me to bring Larry Oz behind me on the spyder. Just kidding.
    I'd probably pay to see that!
    -Scotty

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Sandy and I are very interested and are trying to work in a fall shutdown of our cabin (in Lewiston) with the weekend activities being planned. Will keep an eye to this post for any details as they might change and we will keep y'all informed. Bob, thanks for setting this all up, will keep in touch. Bill

Spyder Garage

Well, we're booked at the Days Inn...... We'll see everyone there!!

Spyder Garage

I'm taking a half day off tomorrow to take our RT in to C&C in Brighton for the DPS recall. They'll also do an oil change and we'll be ready for some northern Michigan touring!

Are we all going to meet in Petoskey, or maybe meet up to ride together to Petoskey?

Anyone interested in continuing up to Mackinac City from Legg's Inn, and maybe crossing the bridge just for fun?
    Dan

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I am travelling to Petosky on Friday October 1st. staying @ the Days InnFriday and saturday. I am assuming our start and get together point will be at the Days Inn Saturday morning and take it from there as to what the program is ?