Spyder Garage

Default supporting sponsors--short rant

First, I think it's great to have all the supporting sponsors. Without them we probably wouldn't have all the mods on our spyders.

But, this is JMO. When I start a thread with the sponsor's name in the title, I would expect a reply. Some may say that the sponsors don't do a 24/7 watch on this place and I would agree. However, if you are a suppoting sponsor, I would expect when you came on here that you would periodically scan the threads that may apply to you; especially when the thread title has your name.

I started a thread 2 weeks ago and never got a reply. I also know that I can call them. But, I look at it this way, if they don't respond they are not interested in selling and I'm not going to chase them.

I won't mention any names. I'll just say that this sponsor sells lights and it is not MM and it's not Kewl Metal.

Rant off.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Have you tried emailing them directly? It may be more efficient than waiting for them to check the forum. At least you know it went to the right place. JMO

Spyder Garage

I think that if you have a problem with a productand you need a quick response, you should contact the dealer/sponser directly,rather than posting a thread about it.
    Just my two cents.
    ".........regrets are only memories written across my brow, and there's nothing I can do about it now......" Wille Nelson

Spyder Garage

Personally, I think the purpose of ads is to get people to come to you, not so the advertiser has to chase down everyone who might have seen their ad someplace.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    Personally, I think the purpose of ads is to get people to come to you, not so the advertiser has to chase down everyone who might have seen their ad someplace.
    Well said...

Spyder Garage

If you're talking about this post http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=21975 I don't think he saw it. This board moves pretty fast and if you don't check it everyday it would be real easy to miss it. Why not give him a call or drop him an email and use a direct contact instead of counting on this board as a direct link to the sponsors here.

Spyder Garage

Its the same with your Spyder-

If you have a problem there is nothing wrong with posting it here BUT do go ahead and call your dealer or the BRP help line~!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

I've been having some problems with my RT-S so I posted a notice on the town bulletin board requesting the dealer fix it. They never replied, so I'm going to go somewhere else.
    Sound absurd? Just making a point. It's best to go right to the source. Using honey is better than vinegar.
    Jay on Omega Bay Texas
    Spyder RT-S PE# 536
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=715

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Smile reply

I have e-mailed his company and he answered me pretty quickly so try that? He maybe pretty busy also i know a lot of people like his fender lights for added safety.

Banged Up Member
    Spyder Garage

I've been having some problems with my RT-S so I posted a notice on the town bulletin board requesting the dealer fix it. They never replied, so I'm going to go somewhere else.

Gotta love that one.

Chris PE# 0004

Spyder Garage

I PM'ed Bert's Mega Mall for a price quote rather than emailing him. Not only does it pop-up in their face when they log in, it lets them know exactly where I found them.

2009 Yellow SM5 with BRP R35 saddlebags, CHAD windshield, ESI Up & Out Mirror Extensions, ESI 4" Handlebar Risers, Hindle muffler, Green Filter, Juice Box Pro, Throttlemeister, Crampbuster, Cortech Sport Tailbag, trunk liner, trunk spring, 12V trunk outlet, Eastern Beaver PC8 Fuse Panel, and two dashboard Powerlet outlets.

Certified Huligan
    The user formerly known as GIJoe

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I have e-mailed his company and he answered me pretty quickly so try that? He maybe pretty busy also i know a lot of people like his fender lights for added safety.

My wife and I have sent him numerous emails, and have always gotten a reply within a reasonable amount of time. I would definitely try that, or at least sending a PM to him.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post

My wife and I have sent him numerous emails, and have always gotten a reply within a reasonable amount of time. I would definitely try that, or at least sending a PM to him.
    Reggy contacted me this morning and I called him back. He's got some great product and I placed my order today. The misunderstanding was my fault and from now on I will be contacting him directly.

RT-S PE#783
    Spyder Garage

Question

If I'm not mistaken, the vendor you mentioned had posted that he was heading off to Sturgis just before you posted yours . . . . . . maybe you missed his.

I would hope that none of the vendors on this site would intentionally neglect a fellow Spyderlover.

Cat
    2010 RS , custom home made billet Red/Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    Reggy contacted me this morning and I called him back. He's got some great product and I placed my order today. The misunderstanding was my fault and from now on I will be contacting him directly.

Glad to hear you got things sorted out.

So, what did you order?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post

Glad to hear you got things sorted out.

So, what did you order?
    I ordered the trunk release. I'll probably get the fender lites next.

pitbull

Quote Originally Posted by scudrunner View Post
    Sound absurd? Just making a point. It's best to go right to the source. Using honey is better than vinegar.
    THIS DEALER FIX IT BOARD YOU SPEAK OF....where do you find this at? I am very interseted in this.....didn't know it exsited

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scudrunner View Post

That thar's funny I don't care where yer from! Hahaha

Okay, nuff funny. I'm glad it got sorted and you have an open line with Reg. He's a great person. I really like him and have yet to find someone who had anything bad to say. When you get your stuff we want to see some pics. And, just letting you know... his lights are like Lays chips... you can't stop at just one... or two..... or well you get the idea.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Advertisers role

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    As a Sponsor on SpyderLovers, we at SealFloorBoards feel that it's just good business to "prospect" for new customers and do everything we can to spread the word on our products. To sit and wait for customers is a good way to grow cobwebs not find Spyder Lovers.

John
    sealfloorboards.com

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by wyliec View Post
    I ordered the trunk release. I'll probably get the fender lites next.
    I was looking at one of those as well. Please let us know how it works out for you, as it sounds like a really cool addition for the Spyder.

Quote Originally Posted by the pitbull buggy View Post
    THIS DEALER FIX IT BOARD YOU SPEAK OF....where do you find this at? I am very interseted in this.....didn't know it exsited
    Len, there is no such thing. The post is what is known as sarcasm, and was meant to get a point across through the use of humor. He was saying he posted a message on a bulletin board in his town, kind of like the ones they have outside of some grocery stores, just to make a point.

Spyder Garage

Quote:
    Originally Posted by the pitbull buggy

Len, there is no such thing. The post is what is known as sarcasm, and was meant to get a point across through the use of humor. He was saying he posted a message on a bulletin board in his town, kind of like the ones they have outside of some grocery stores, just to make a point.
    I'd be more than happy to post a note for you, but you'll have to be satisfied to be ignored by MY dealer!
    Jay on Omega Bay Texas
    Spyder RT-S PE# 536
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=715