Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default 2008 Spyder Pearl white

http://inlandempire.craigslist.org/mcy/1906331273.html

He claims this is a special and says it is an 08.

Anyone here of a White 2008 that wasn't a repaint?

Doesn't seem to want to give much info, let alone pics.
    Last edited by buckey48; 08-18-2010 at 08:13 PM.

Spyder Garage

They didn't make a white Spyder in 2008. It was either painted or he has new panels from 2010.
    " SO MANY ROADS SO LITTLE TIME "
    2009 SE-5 , Yellow/Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by somanyroads View Post
    They didn't make a white Spyder in 2008. It was either painted or he has new panels from 2010.

All he would say it was a special, but no pics or other info.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by buckey48 View Post
    All he would say it was a special, but no pics or other info.
    That means it is special to him. If he really wants to sell a Spyder, then why is he not providing any other info? This makes the whole deal sound very fishy to me.

We have had at least 1 person on this forum paint their Spyder white, but the one I am thinking of used the Lincoln color. The only Spyder that comes from BRP in pearl white is the 2010 RS-S, which took the place of the phantom model from earlier years. So, with the information you have there is no telling what this thing is, if he really even has a Spyder to sell.

Very Active Member bodymanpainter's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    That means it is special to him. If he really wants to sell a Spyder, then why is he not providing any other info? This makes the whole deal sound very fishy to me.

We have had at least 1 person on this forum paint their Spyder white, but the one I am thinking of used the Lincoln color. The only Spyder that comes from BRP in pearl white is the 2010 RS-S, which took the place of the phantom model from earlier years. So, with the information you have there is no telling what this thing is, if he really even has a Spyder to sell.
    This one smells funny, I would be careful and pass on it, too many scams out there!
    2020 RTL

Spyder Garage

'10 white panels on '08 chassie. Nothing too special about that.
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default stay away

it is another craigs list scam [ the guy is full of poop ]

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by LDFIREWORKS View Post
    it is another craigs list scam [ the guy is full of poop ]
    DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Keep looking, elsewhere.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Stay away from Craigs list stuff!!!! My son got burned on a jeep that was on the list. I am sure the spyder does not exist.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Proceed with caution.

Of course if you decide to proceed, proceed with caution. The guy certainly isn't giving much info. I am always leary of that. As far as Craigslist, I have had very good luck with it. Never been burned. I've bought a number of things off there including my 08 Spyder from a guy in Michigan. I also sold my 05 Kaw Vulcan 2000 on Craigslist.
    Myself, I like the idea of purchasing a used Spyder off someone here in this forum. Quite a few for sale. Best of luck to you.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by COOLMACHINE View Post
    Of course if you decide to proceed, proceed with caution. The guy certainly isn't giving much info. I am always leary of that. As far as Craigslist, I have had very good luck with it. Never been burned. I've bought a number of things off there including my 08 Spyder from a guy in Michigan. I also sold my 05 Kaw Vulcan 2000 on Craigslist.
    Myself, I like the idea of purchasing a used Spyder off someone here in this forum. Quite a few for sale. Best of luck to you.

I missed out on a 2010 se5 in the general area, asking $13000k. Antelope spyder (I think got it).

Most on CL are way over priced in the SF bay Area.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    DANGER WILL ROBINSON!!
    Hows #14?

Had some sale prices where you bought yours, but by the time you add everything up it is just Too much $$.

So I will continue to look for a used
    under warranty and at least options I want or need.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by COOLMACHINE View Post
    ... As far as Craigslist, I have had very good luck with it. Never been burned. I've bought a number of things off there including my 08 Spyder from a guy in Michigan. I also sold my 05 Kaw Vulcan 2000 on Craigslist...
    +1
    Just need to know what you are doing to avoid scams. I've sold stuff for top dollars and bought stuff in great bargin on CL. I use it for larger items that can't be easily shipped. Otherwise, it goes on eBay.
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS