Thread: WTB 02 modifier

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Exclamation WTB 02 modifier

Thought i would check here first before I order one. Anyone got one they want to get rid of??
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

Hope your not holding your breath. I ordered mine three weeks ago, still on back order.
    Catching a Yellow Jacket in your helmet at 65 mph can double your vocabulary

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Trickie Dick View Post
    Thought i would check here first before I order one. Anyone got one they want to get rid of??
    I've been researching them as well and was wondering what everyone thought of them.
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 1VENOM View Post
    Hope your not holding your breath. I ordered mine three weeks ago, still on back order.
    Backordered? Where did you order it from? I ordered mine directly from Evoluzione and it was here in 3 days.

Mo Lee, here is a thread I posted with the results of adding one of these on my Spyder:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=21862

Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

Just out of curiosity, what exhaust will you be running with the o2?

I'm getting ready to sell my Evoluzione o2 modifier but I'm going to sell it with the REMUS exhaust which I purchased from Evoluzione. I went back to stock for peace and quiet. The modifier does it's job if you are using a performance exhaust. I am still running their performance air filter.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    Backordered? Where did you order it from? I ordered mine directly from Evoluzione and it was here in 3 days.

Mo Lee, here is a thread I posted with the results of adding one of these on my Spyder:

http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=21862

Same here mine was $96.** shipped to the door 5/26/10 was here in just a few days.

2009 RS with Hindle exhaust , handlebar risers , Green air filter , Juice box, Spyder Customs floor boards & Rifle windshield

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by hevnbound View Post
    Just out of curiosity, what exhaust will you be running with the o2?

I'm getting ready to sell my Evoluzione o2 modifier but I'm going to sell it with the REMUS exhaust which I purchased from Evoluzione. I went back to stock for peace and quiet. The modifier does it's job if you are using a performance exhaust. I am still running their performance air filter.
    I'm using the Hindle along with the Green filter. On hot days, I get a lot of backfiring and some gas odor.
    Love my

Statistics show that most motorcycle accidents are caused by a defective nut holding the handlbars.

Spyder Garage

I'm using the Hindle along with the Green filter. On hot days, I get a lot of backfiring and some gas odor.
    That's the filter/exhaust combination I'm using. The O2 modifier stopped the backfiring. I'm not sure if it did anything for the gas odor; I did the "canisterectomy" before I installed the O2 modifier.

Number One: 2008 Yellow GS SM5. I love my Spyder.
    Number Two: 2012 RT-S Limited (the poop colored RT) I still have Number One, but Some Girl made me buy Number Two...

Spyder Garage

Same here but no gas odor. Looking at Evo's Sway and O2.
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default O2 mod and backfiring

I was thinking about the o2 mod. I was told the backfiring is most likely because every once and awhile you need to repack the exhaust. When it's cooler out and not so humid it's not so bad, if the bars don't reach 5 or 6, like I said it's not to bad. Any thoughts on the repack idea?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
    I was thinking about the o2 mod. I was told the backfiring is most likely because every once and awhile you need to repack the exhaust. When it's cooler out and not so humid it's not so bad, if the bars don't reach 5 or 6, like I said it's not to bad. Any thoughts on the repack idea?
    I am not sure repacking the muffler would fix the issue. It is usually caused by either running too lean, or fresh air mixing with the hot exhaust gasses before they are supposed to. I would expect replacing the Y gaskets to help with any fresh air intake into the exhaust, and the O2 modifier definitely helps richen up the air/fuel ratio. I have the Hindle with a K&N filter in my air box, and since installing the O2 mod have no more backfiring at all.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Exhaust wrap took care of most of my popping and hesitation off idle. Spyder runs better than ever with the HMF and stock air filter. I'm thinking 02 Mod for future ideas.
    Happy Owner

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Well, I ordered an 02 modifier today. (Naturally a few hours after I ordered, a fellow inmate pm'd me to offer to sell one)
    Anyway, we'll see. Thanks for the input everyone, See you in Gatlinburg
    Love my

Spyder Garage

Well, I ordered an 02 modifier today. (Naturally a few hours after I ordered, a fellow inmate pm'd me to offer to sell one)
    Anyway, we'll see. Thanks for the input everyone, See you in Gatlinburg
    I hope it works out as well for you as it has for me and my Spyder.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Found this on eBay for those who might be intersted.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CAN-A...Q5fAccessories

Cheers.
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M2Wild View Post
    Found this on eBay for those who might be intersted.

http://cgi.ebay.com/ebaymotors/CAN-A...Q5fAccessories

Cheers.
    Now that is interesting. It looks quite a bit different than the one I got. The "box" part of mine is more of a rounded rectangle shape. Perhaps they made different versions of it.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    Now that is interesting. It looks quite a bit different than the one I got. The "box" part of mine is more of a rounded rectangle shape. Perhaps they made different versions of it.
    Earlier model, I do believe. I had one like it in mid-2008.
    ata = allergic to asphalt

My mods: https://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/...ead.php?t=5753
    There are two kinds of people: (1) those who can read, reason and apply the experiences of others; and (2) those who just have to pee on the electric fence. ataDude, 2009

My Spyder:

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ataDude View Post
    Earlier model, I do believe. I had one like it in mid-2008.
    Thanks for the info.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!