Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Not another Ram Mount Thread

OK, I posted this under another thread in hopes of high jacking it but it didn't work out well so here is what I need some help with. Forgive me, I am a little dense when it comes to stuff not computer related.

There are several options out there but this is what I need:
    RS SM5 Mounting of the Iphone4 with a sleeve. Need to be able to see it of course but also not disable the touch screen. I don't need it to be waterproof "Aqua Box"

Here are the options I have pulled from the forums:

Mountguys.com:
    RAM-B-346U RESERVOIR COVER SIDE BALL MOTORCYCLE MOUNT-shipped screws do not work so you must use 8x32 1 1/4 screws for mount. This is a mount only, no holder.

Can't find the holder for just the IPHONE4 from this site.

Ram-Mount.com:
    UNPKD RAM MOTORCYCLE APPLE IPHONE 4-this comes with a mount and a holder but not sure it will fit and don't know if I need the 1.5 or the 3' extender. I would prefer to have it look as OEM as possible, don't like stuff just hanging off or up off the bike. Just looks weird but if it functions, I can deal with it.

Zagg??
    http://www.dahon.com/accessories/201...e-mount-iphone

I love this one but not sure if it will fit or stay strudy.

Let me have it..

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by patches View Post
    OK, I posted this under another thread in hopes of high jacking it but it didn't work out well so here is what I need some help with. Forgive me, I am a little dense when it comes to stuff not computer related.

There are several options out there but this is what I need:
    RS SM5 Mounting of the Iphone4 with a sleeve. Need to be able to see it of course but also not disable the touch screen. I don't need it to be waterproof "Aqua Box"

Here are the options I have pulled from the forums:

Mountguys.com:
    RAM-B-346U RESERVOIR COVER SIDE BALL MOTORCYCLE MOUNT-shipped screws do not work so you must use 8x32 1 1/4 screws for mount. This is a mount only, no holder.

Can't find the holder for just the IPHONE4 from this site.

Ram-Mount.com:
    UNPKD RAM MOTORCYCLE APPLE IPHONE 4-this comes with a mount and a holder but not sure it will fit and don't know if I need the 1.5 or the 3' extender. I would prefer to have it look as OEM as possible, don't like stuff just hanging off or up off the bike. Just looks weird but if it functions, I can deal with it.

Zagg??
    http://www.dahon.com/accessories/201...e-mount-iphone

I love this one but not sure if it will fit or stay strudy.

Let me have it..
    I use the RAM-HOL-UN4U for my EVO. It's adjustable and you can mount it various places. I have mine mounted on the inside of my ESI riser on a 1" ball.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I just ordered this for my Iphone 4 along with diamond plate and short arm. I'm going to use the 1" ball where I had my tom tom mounted right hand side on KM risers. I already have (2) 3" arms. I may swap the shorter arm for the one on my radar detector mount. It's on my Madstad bracket. Here is a break down of what I ordered and prices

Ram Mount Diamond Plate with 1" ball RAM-B-238U $5.46
    Ram Mount Apple iPhone 4 Cradle RAM-HOL-AP9U $7.95
    Ram Mount Short Arm B-Socket RAM-B-201U-A $9.95

http://www.gpscity.com/ram-mount-app...-hol-ap9u.html

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

bumping for more options..good ones given so far..

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Here is what I have from ram-mounts:

RAM-271U-12
    RAM-201U-B
    RAM-238U
    RAM-HOL-AP9U

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by patches View Post
    Here is what I have from ram-mounts:

RAM-271U-12
    RAM-201U-B
    RAM-238U
    RAM-HOL-AP9U
    The price on the RAM-271U-12 too much for me. $42.70 . It says fits 1 1/4 - 1 7/8 dia. Where are you mounting it? I already had RAM-231-ZU ($13.41) for my GPS mount. It fits 1/2 - 1 1/4 dia rails. I ordered all the other components you have listed. I got them in today and they look great installed.

Spyder Garage

I ordered mine from GPS city as well. The mount I had for my iPhone 3GS works for my iphone4 when it is not in the case. I used it all the way to Chicago and back with no issues or problems. I also have the Aquabox and do not have any problems utilizing the controls thru the thick plastic. Somewhere in one of these threads I posted pictures. I will see if I can find them for you.
    With Christ all things are possible, so live life with no fears and no worries.
    Happy Ex Owner, Hopefully future Spyder owner again.
    Pastor Deb Tangen, Missions Director and short term missionary.