Spyder Garage

Default Light Weight Cover for RTS

I searched for covers and found no threads for covers for the RTS.
    Yes, I got the cover that came with the bike. As you know, it is big, bulky and heavy. Taking it with you requires an entire saddlebag. That does not work for me. And I need to take it with me when touring and staying at motels. Most folks will not fiddle and paw your bike if it is covered. I found that out after years of traveling on GoldWings. Out of sight, out of mind.
    Nelsonrigg makes a great looking cover for Spyders, but their site states not for the RT. Too bad.
    Does anyone know of a like cover for the RT’s?

Side note: Any problems with the antenna, removing it at night and putting it back on every day, when on the road? I have read several threads about people having problems with theirs, for whatever reason. :
    --
    Phil

Before you criticize someone, walk a mile in their shoes. Then when you criticize them, you are a mile away and have their shoes.

Spyder Garage

The BRP Travel Cover (not the Outdoor Cover that sips with the RTS) takes up 1/4 the room, and has provisions for the antennae. http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...t=travel+cover
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

There are various half covers out there for the GS ... some stretchy ones might fit the RT.
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS

Spyder Garage

I have the BRP travel cover and I love it. Since the RTS is parked in the garage a lot, I don't use the full cover at all. The travel cover works great out here in the AZ sun when I'm out for a ride and I pull over and park. Quick and easy to cover and uncover.

Spyder Garage

traded my outdoor cover for the travel cover it should have came with. the travel cover is 1/3 the size and fits nicely in btm 1/4 of rear trunk under the lip area that sticks out