Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Drunk cop!

Spyder Garage

Default Drunk cop!

I don't have all the info on this yet, but here's what I have so far..
    An on duty Indianapolis police officer failed to stop in traffic, hitting some bikers who were waiting for the cars in front of them to move. One biker died, others are in the hospital, one was thrown clear. The officer blew a .18 on a breathalyzer. IPD is doing their own investigation, the officer is not in custody - out on bail.
    There was a rally on the circle downtown tonight, with petitions to turn the case over to the State Police, and to the State Supreme Court, most feel the case will not be handled properly by the city police or courts.
    This officer has been involved in 5 accidents while on duty, in 4, he was at fault.
    We counted over 500 bikes parked on the circle, many more were moving around the area and parked on side streets, all we want is justice.

john

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

A co-worker's wife is a Police officer, and he told me that cops are the worst at driving under the influence because their buddies won't arrest them. Good luck in getting justice done.

Quote Originally Posted by retread View Post
    I don't have all the info on this yet, but here's what I have so far..
    An on duty Indianapolis police officer failed to stop in traffic, hitting some bikers who were waiting for the cars in front of them to move. One biker died, others are in the hospital, one was thrown clear. The officer blew a .18 on a breathalyzer. IPD is doing their own investigation, the officer is not in custody - out on bail.
    There was a rally on the circle downtown tonight, with petitions to turn the case over to the State Police, and to the State Supreme Court, most feel the case will not be handled properly by the city police or courts.
    This officer has been involved in 5 accidents while on duty, in 4, he was at fault.
    We counted over 500 bikes parked on the circle, many more were moving around the area and parked on side streets, all we want is justice.

john

Spyder Garage

Waiting for the whole story. There is always two sides and facts get distorted !
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

A biiiigggg law suit. The city better be ready for that cha-ching.
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) 8LEGS's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Hang'em high.. The Drunk officer and any of those in the deartment knowing the officer has a drinking problem..
    How many more do the servamt pf tje people need to die?
    Go up the food chain and fault each and everyone who had responsible knowledge, including buddie cops..

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by effgjamis View Post
    Hang'em high.. The Drunk officer and any of those in the deartment knowing the officer has a drinking problem..
    How many more do the servamt pf tje people need to die?
    Go up the food chain and fault each and everyone who had responsible knowledge, including buddie cops..
    From the write up it sounded like he is a functional alcoholic. That means others must know about it .... especially if he already crashed 5 times.
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS

Spyder Garage

Just read the reports. Shoot the Bas---d !!!
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by fastfraser View Post
    Just read the reports. Shoot the Bas---d !!!
    He is no better than - and is actually worse, since he was wearing the uniform that stands for serving and protecting the public - any other criminal. Hopefully he will end up behind bars where he belongs.

Bruce
    Bruce Brown
    London, Ontario, Canada
    Spyder Ambassador (Ret.)
    2009 Moto Guzzi Stelvio "Silvia Dionisio"
    Help us fight prostate cancer: http://motorcycleridefordad.org/

"Life is not a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in a pretty and well preserved body, but rather to skid in broadside, thoroughly used up, totally worn out, and loudly proclaiming, 'WOW, what a ride!'"

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
    0.19 while on duty!!!

And that was from blood drawn 2 HOURS AFTER the crash.
    That is terrible. What a disgrace to law enforcement everywhere.
    I hope they throw the book at him.
    Happier Spyder Owner

Fairly happy 08 YELLOW SE5

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Director View Post
    He is no better than - and is actually worse, since he was wearing the uniform that stands for serving and protecting the public - any other criminal. Hopefully he will end up behind bars where he belongs.

Bruce
    He may only get suspended with pay! But I hope I am wrong!
    Happy Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Bersquack View Post
    He may only get suspended with pay! But I hope I am wrong!
    Too much public scrutiny on this for just a suspension.
    If I were a citizen of this town I'd be livid.
    Taxes being paid to run over, kill and maim citizens?? No way suspended w/ pay.
    I was reading other articles from Indianapolis. their PD def, has some issues.
    Happier Spyder Owner

Spyder Garage

Look at it this way .... at least the PD Chief ain't making $400,000 like the one in Cali.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by musicarcade View Post
    And that was from blood drawn 2 HOURS AFTER the crash.
    That is terrible. What a disgrace to law enforcement everywhere.
    I hope they throw the book at him.

Nomal procedure they stick together, They will stall drawing blood as long as they can For each other! You'll find a bar Within a few feet of most Police Precincts, Guess who's there drinking?

Spyder Garage

Default Drunk Driving

Back in 1967 my father was hit and killed by a drunk driver. His DL was suspended for 6 mos. Then it was blamed on the Drink not the Drinker as now. Death by carelssness is sad, speeding Drinking Cell phone use.. All can kill in an instance. We hold cops to a higher standard, as we should, on or off duty. His punishment needs to be FRIM and SWIFT! Maybe we need to from a new group.... BADCOP - "Bikers Aganist Drunk Cops On Patrol"!
    Last edited by katnapper; 08-16-2010 at 08:33 PM.
    I'd rather be on 3 wheels, but 18 pays the BILLs!
    We are a two SpYder family!

N1RDH

Spyder Garage

After reading the report they said that a Breathalyzer was not administered until 2 hours later at the cops house ! I'm sure when the guy Lawyers up they will say he drank the alcohol at home .
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

All four of the cyclists were out for lunch together. They all worked in the same place. Government civilian workers...Defense Finance and Accounting Service (DFAS). Same organization as myself although I'm located in Columbus, OH and did not know Eric perosnally. This accident was broadcast to all DFAS Centers the day after it happened. Just a terrible terrible accident. I can not imagine how the guy felt sitting there at the light next to his friends one minute and the next 3 bodies and 2 cycles that were literally inches from him are airborne.

Yes, it appears at this point the cop was under the influence and that is very disturbing but let's not lose sight of the real tragedy here. Eric Wells will never ride again.

R.I.P Eric...

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

the cop killed a person. Not in the line of duty, but on duty and was DRUNK.
    So... If you or I were to do the same it would be a degree of murder.

Spyder Garage

The prosecutor has thrown out the blood test results on a technicality, the same people who drew the blood are accepted by the federal gov, but not good enough for Indy PD, I guess. If this guy gets to walk, it looks like double standards are in effect.

john

Spyder Garage

PLEASE keep us posted about this.
    Happier Spyder Owner

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by retread View Post
    The prosecutor has thrown out the blood test results on a technicality, the same people who drew the blood are accepted by the federal gov, but not good enough for Indy PD, I guess. If this guy gets to walk, it looks like double standards are in effect.

john
    Could be why they waited two hours to draw the blood?

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Army Dad View Post
    Doe's a bear dump in the woods.

Registered Users JJW SpyderRider's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Angry

I heard of this same cover-up happening in Kansas. The cop just walked due to lack of evidence.

RT-S: HMT brake light, mud flap lights/turn signals, Trailer hitch, Garmin 660 GPS, Ride-On, Travel cover, LED Mirror turn signals, LED trunk lighting, RGB ground effect lighting, BajRon anti-sway bar, to be continued ......

Member of the WSR (Woodstock Spyder Riders)

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by M2Wild View Post
    From the write up it sounded like he is a functional alcoholic. That means others must know about it .... especially if he already crashed 5 times.

If that was and is the case, why is he still a cop and still driving?

The others who knew, are guilty, for knowing about him and not saying anything.
    "Happy Spyder Owner"
    2010 RTS PE 0174

Custom Plates & paint,
    ESI Triple play,mud flap lights,Fender tips/amber,Green Filter,Dayrunner/turn signals,Shortee Antenna,Scuff Guards,LED Brake Lights & 2 in 1 Harness,Brightsides & rear,Glo-ryders/amber,Kewlmetal inside trunk lightz,Garmin 660,Garmin Hood,Volt Meter & Oil Pressure Gauge,Utopia Backrest,IPS Key,ISCI Brake Pedal,Dual side/tall flag poles,SPYDERPOPS Heat Guard

http://www.farriscustoms.com

Spyder Garage

I know someone that did get a dui, they told him the reason for the wait in the hospital was not to tick him off, but to wait for what was recently consumed to be absorbed so it could be detected.
    Happy Spyder Owner