Spyder Garage

Default Passenger Headset CB Question

My wife says she is unable to receive CB communications through the passenger headset. I had her turn her volume up and still no CB. I know the passenger can not transmit without the inline transmit button but shouldn't the passenger be able to receive CB comm?

Spyder Garage

Push-To-Talk remote control for passenger to be used with the Communication Headset (4474380090)
    Enables the vehicle to vehicle communication capability for the passenger via the CB & Communication System in push-to-talk mode
    Works in conjunction with the CB & Communication System (219400145) available as an option on Can-Am Spyder RT

2014 Timeless Black RTS/SE - BRP CB/Comm System; BRP Zumo 660 GPS System; BRP Cellphone Interface; BRP ST-1 Helmets w/BRP Headsets; BRP XM Radio; BRP Tri-Axis Handlebars; BRP Adj Wind Deflectors; BRP Adj Vent Windshield; BRP Comfort Seat & Utopia Backrest; Corbin Armrests; HMT Brake Light; TricLED 3/4 Brake & Running Lights; TricLED Fender Lights & Rr Cargo Lights; CD Fender TIPS Kit; Bump Skid; Scorpio i900 Alarm; Touratech GPS Locking Mount; NBV Highway Mounts; BBP Brake Pedal, Stebel horn.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 1551retired View Post
    My wife says she is unable to receive CB communications through the passenger headset. I had her turn her volume up and still no CB. I know the passenger can not transmit without the inline transmit button but shouldn't the passenger be able to receive CB comm?
    i would guess you should be able to hear the CB communication ... any incoming CB communication should just override any sound source you currently are listening to...

i forget if the passenger could hear the cb before we got the inline comm cable.