Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Campverdefela View Post
    "Actually, I am not running a JB and now feel no need for one. I also am not running the Kewl Metal or Evoluzione intakes like many of you are. I just replaced my stock paper filter with the K&N CM9909 that fits perfectly in the stock air box". Yes, you will see improvement with just the 02mod. with your setup because your exhaust and new filter made the Spyder run leaner, however for a bigger increase in performance the other additions would be needed. Of course the ultimate in performance boost would be the 5k turbo.
    Oh, how I would love to play with the turbo. That is something that will probably need to wait quite a while though. I figure I should at least let all my warranties expire before I start messing with something like that.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

This thread is making me wanting to go and try that O2 modifier out.
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Gargoyle View Post
    It's easy. Remove your pipes and send them here.

http://www.jet-hot.com/motorcycles.html

That is pretty interesting stuff. I wish they offered the coating in yellow. My wife was able to reach her hands in the tight space and wrap my rear cylinder header pipe today. The wrapped pipes should last me for a long time, and I may think about this coating when the wrap wears out.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

I wonder what the effect would be if i was running the kewlmetal air filter the one that eliminates the box, the 02 modifier and stock exhaust? anyone know?

Roger

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

SpyderWolf, I got my bike back yesterday, not the service depts fault it took this long, they couldn't get a hold of me because of my cell phone issues. They cleared out my fault codes, ran it through the Buds and everything seems fine. They test rode it 3 times and checked it out, they said no issues. I had my brake light coming on and they told me when you run low on fluid it comes on, I didn't see that in the manal or anywhere on this site, seemed wired but I trust them. Here's the great kicker, they didn't charge me a dime for anything. This service Department is awesome I think, I treat them twice a year with a couple of cases of beer at Christmas and a lunch during the year. They deserve it for how well they take care of me, Blackmans in Emmaus, PA, your fantastic.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Roger View Post
    I wonder what the effect would be if i was running the kewlmetal air filter the one that eliminates the box, the 02 modifier and stock exhaust? anyone know?
    With that free flowing exhaust, I think you might be entering Juice Box or Power Commander territory. The O2 mod does a great job of enriching the air/fuel ratio; however, I am not sure if it would be good enough by itself with that combination.

Dukester, I am glad you got your Spyder back. That sounds like one of the best dealers I have heard of so far, so a big on having someone like that supporting your Spyder. I must admit I am a little jealous here.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    With that free flowing exhaust, I think you might be entering Juice Box or Power Commander territory. The O2 mod does a great job of enriching the air/fuel ratio; however, I am not sure if it would be good enough by itself with that combination.

Dukester, I am glad you got your Spyder back. That sounds like one of the best dealers I have heard of so far, so a big on having someone like that supporting your Spyder. I must admit I am a little jealous here.
    Wolfen! -

I believe you are correct. Putting an enhanced can on is one thing, but when you put a race intake on as well the mix gets too lean for the ECU to handle. At that point a JB or PC as well as fuel pressure mods has to come into play to pick up the slack. And basically you can say bye-bye to any fuel economy you might be enjoying. This also takes the engine out of it's native profile and things can get weird if the proper adjustments are not made. Don't get me wrong, it can be done, but you really have to know what you are doing

That's why I opted out of that scenario. I'm going with the enhanced can, air filter only and the O2 sensor mod. This puts me at a good performance profile while not sacrificing too much fuel economy and over-stressing the ECU. This engine has plenty of juice on it's own! you just have to let it rev and stay in the band. It's all good bro! These motors are strong; they can take it!
    "Life must be understood backward. But it must be lived forward."

'09 Phantom GS (#14) (Gone but not forgotten) and 2010 RS-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    Wolfen! -

I believe you are correct. Putting an enhanced can on is one thing, but when you put a race intake on as well the mix gets too lean for the ECU to handle. At that point a JB or PC as well as fuel pressure mods has to come into play to pick up the slack. And basically you can say bye-bye to any fuel economy you might be enjoying. This also takes the engine out of it's native profile and things can get weird if the proper adjustments are not made. Don't get me wrong, it can be done, but you really have to know what you are doing

That's why I opted out of that scenario. I'm going with the enhanced can, air filter only and the O2 sensor mod. This puts me at a good performance profile while not sacrificing too much fuel economy and over-stressing the ECU. This engine has plenty of juice on it's own! you just have to let it rev and stay in the band. It's all good bro! These motors are strong; they can take it!
    You will be running the same set up I basically am now, depending on what air filter you go with. It works great for me, and my one little test for mileage came out at 27 mpg. That is good enough for me, and will make me need to stop for fuel closer to when my wife probably wants to take a break when we are ryding together anyway.

I am still extremely pleased with the results.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Can someone inform as to where I could purchase a 02 sensor modifier?

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default SpyderWolf

Thank you for your information, also Raptor your thoughts are also appreciated. I'll see how it runs for a little while yet, then I think I'll repack the pipe and see what happens with that, baby steps. I might just go back to the original BRP pipe. The other ace up my sleeve is to see what the 2011 models have to offer and I just might switch over to the RT.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Racy2 View Post
    Can someone inform as to where I could purchase a 02 sensor modifier?
    Here you go......http://evoluzione.net/evo-cycle-can-am.htm
    Hindle exhaust, Kewlmetal K&N intake + prefilter, Kuryakyn widow pegs, Kuryakyn grips, Madstad 20in. windshield, Juice Box, 02Modifier, Kewlmetal backrest and carrier, missing air dam, missing belt shield, 1" riser, Kewlmetal handlebar risers,Evoluzione sway bar, Street Magic/Day Runner Pucks, Glo Riders Amsoil, 10w40, Rons performance wires

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by HDXBONES View Post
    You'd probably overwhelm the catalytic converter before it's time. I doubt that you would notice much performance gain, the stock exhaust would still impede airflow.

+1 Ken from Evoluzione said not to use his O2 modifier with the stock exhaust.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Dukester View Post
    Thank you for your information, also Raptor your thoughts are also appreciated. I'll see how it runs for a little while yet, then I think I'll repack the pipe and see what happens with that, baby steps. I might just go back to the original BRP pipe. The other ace up my sleeve is to see what the 2011 models have to offer and I just might switch over to the RT.
    I wish you the best with your plans as well.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Campverdefela View Post

Thank-you