MOgang Member
    Spyder Garage

Default Battery warning indicator light

Need help please. Noticed it today that when I start my Spyder that the battery light will flash once then go away. Everything works fine such as lights, horn, etc. I am almost 100% sure this has never happened before. Is this a sign that maybe my battery is going bad? Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaanpla View Post
    Need help please. Noticed it today that when I start my Spyder that the battery light will flash once then go away. Everything works fine such as lights, horn, etc. I am almost 100% sure this has never happened before. Is this a sign that maybe my battery is going bad? Thanks in advance for any help or advice.

If your saying when you turn the key on, the battery light is on, and as soon as you hit the start button the light gos off?
    If so that's normal.

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

The light shows if the battery voltage is lower than 11.5 volts (or higher than 16). Having the light show during cranking would not necessarily indicate a bad battery (less than 10.0 volts while cranking), but it could indicate a weakness. Showing at other times would indicate a problem. Your dealer can run a load test on the battery to see what the condition is. The other test for the battery is to charge fully, then let it sit a few hours to overnight. The voltage in the morning should be 12.4 volts or higher...preferably 12.7 or so.

Before you do any of this, check the battery terminals (the real ones, not the jumper connections under the seat) for cleanliness, lack of corrosion, and tightness. Corroded or loose battery terminals can reduce voltage and hinder charging. Corrroded or oxidized battery terminals are not uncommon on the Spyder (or any vehicle) after a while.

MOgang Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post

If your saying when you turn the key on, the battery light is on, and as soon as you hit the start button the light gos off?
    If so that's normal.
    Sorry I wasn't clear in my first post, was on my phone and it's hard to type on it.

It is happening when the Spyder starts up. I know it lights up when it does the check and then goes away after pressing the M button but now after I hit the start button and the Spyder fires up, it'll flash once real quick then go away.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by jaanpla View Post
    Sorry I wasn't clear in my first post, was on my phone and it's hard to type on it.

It is happening when the Spyder starts up. I know it lights up when it does the check and then goes away after pressing the M button but now after I hit the start button and the Spyder fires up, it'll flash once real quick then go away.

Still working normal, don't think it's anything to worry about.

Spyder Garage

Before you do any of this, check the battery terminals (the real ones, not the jumper connections under the seat) for cleanliness, lack of corrosion, and tightness.