Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default iPhone Call Integration

I have the CB Comm System and XM Radio along with BRP wired headsets. I believe (unfortunately) that there is no way to integrate my iPhone for making and receiving calls via the headsets. Any chance I'm wrong?

Should mention that I have a Garmin 660 that is wired into the audio and an iPod via the Aux input, but I don't think this would change the answer.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 3Ryder View Post
    I have the CB Comm System and XM Radio along with BRP wired headsets. I believe (unfortunately) that there is no way to integrate my iPhone for making and receiving calls via the headsets. Any chance I'm wrong?

Should mention that I have a Garmin 660 that is wired into the audio and an iPod via the Aux input, but I don't think this would change the answer.
    I have Cardo Scala G4 with it you sync the phone to your bluetooth GPS and receive the calls through your GPS. Have you tried to sync your Iphone to your Garmin 660 and trying it that way?
    Randy
    HAPPY SPYDER OWNER
    GULF COAST SPYDERRYDERS

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Have tried it...

Quote Originally Posted by Capt John View Post
    I have Cardo Scala G4 with it you sync the phone to your bluetooth GPS and receive the calls through your GPS. Have you tried to sync your Iphone to your Garmin 660 and trying it that way?
    I had bluetooth headsets previously and the integration occurred nicely through the Garmin. Using wired headsets and the built in audio system seems to present a roadblock to accomplishing the same thing. Thanks though...

Spyder Garage

We have the same set up. My wife uses a BT Plantronics Pulsar 260 (two ear phones and mic). Puts on ear phone in and stuffs the mic into the front of the helmet in the jaw piece. Works well, she has received calls while we are riding and I don't even know it. Once, she was talking a little loud, I thought she was talking to me. Didn't know she was on the phone.
    Jay on Omega Bay Texas
    Spyder RT-S PE# 536
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=715

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Follow up question...

Quote Originally Posted by scudrunner View Post
    We have the same set up. My wife uses a BT Plantronics Pulsar 260 (two ear phones and mic). Puts on ear phone in and stuffs the mic into the front of the helmet in the jaw piece. Works well, she has received calls while we are riding and I don't even know it. Once, she was talking a little loud, I thought she was talking to me. Didn't know she was on the phone.
    So she tucks one of the ear buds in...any discomfort trying to accommodate the ear bud plus the headset speaker? Was wondering how tight the combination could be. What kind of helmet does she wear?

Thanks for the idea.

Spyder Garage

We have the Scorpion EXO 900 helmets with the BRP headsets. There is a nice dimple for the speakers, fits her nicely (I've yet to find the happy spot that feels good and I can hear clearly). The ear buds for the Plantronics are in the ear canal with 90 deg cord. (see photo). She doesn't have any problem with it.
    The helmets have a nice dimple for the speakers, but the helmet fits low on my head so the speakers are a little low on my ears.
    Jay on Omega Bay Texas
    Spyder RT-S PE# 536

Spyder Garage

Question

can someone post me a link to the BRP Headsets?

we have the Can AM OEM headsets and I just tried to mount to the EXO-900 with no success getting the clamp to fit. installed it in the exo-200 3/4 helmet instead.

Spyder Garage

ok I get it now ... so you are using both the CanAm head sets AND Platronics ear bud bluetooth on the EXO-900 helmets?

how did you get the EXO-900 to fit the clamp on mike in the helmet? I couldn't get it to fit on the lip... any help would be greatly appreciated

Spyder Garage

ok I get it now ... so you are using both the CanAm head sets AND Platronics ear bud bluetooth on the EXO-900 helmets?

how did you get the EXO-900 to fit the clamp on mike in the helmet? I couldn't get it to fit on the lip... any help would be greatly appreciated
    Yes, that is the method. I have an extra pigtail from the helmet cord to the bike mount. One day, I'll splay out the wires and hook up a pigtail to plug into the phone....if I feel adventurous.
    Attaching the BRP mic to the EXO 900 wasn't easy, but it is easier if you take the bottom fluff out. Just snaps out for cleaning, so remove it to attach the mic and run the wires. You have to loosen the clamp screw almost all the way out to get it to fit. And do tighten it down pretty good, else it pops off.
    The parts guy at the dealer put mine on so I could ride home with it. I put my wife's on when I got home.
    Jay on Omega Bay Texas
    Spyder RT-S PE# 536

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scudrunner View Post
    Yes, that is the method. I have an extra pigtail from the helmet cord to the bike mount. One day, I'll splay out the wires and hook up a pigtail to plug into the phone....if I feel adventurous.
    Attaching the BRP mic to the EXO 900 wasn't easy, but it is easier if you take the bottom fluff out. Just snaps out for cleaning, so remove it to attach the mic and run the wires. You have to loosen the clamp screw almost all the way out to get it to fit. And do tighten it down pretty good, else it pops off.
    The parts guy at the dealer put mine on so I could ride home with it. I put my wife's on when I got home.
    can u post a picture? or PM me your email address and we can exchange off line pics? still not sure how to get clamp to work... other thing is I took off the chin little guard and still the mic is right up against my lips and then chin guard to the mic is tight...