Spyder Garage

Exclamation Radio antennae bulletin + 3 other situations

Warranty campaign No: 2010-0006 dated July 26 addresses 4 issues. Some are model specific. The bulletin is aimed at ALL RT, RT-S and RT Audio/Convenience, ALL serial numbers.

A) Radio antennae installation -- RT Audio/Convenience and RT-S models. Install M6 stainless steel lock washer (Part 234 161 601). Apply one drop of blue Loctite to first thread of antennae only.

B) Middle Side Panel Rubber Grommets -- no model mentioned; Use 180 or 220 grit sandpaper to roughen grommet mount and glue grommets in place; both sides of bike; (this is the panel removed to check oil)

C) Rear Suspension Inspection and Calibration -- No model mentioned; Rear shock absorber may top out under certain conditions. Repeat topping out could damage the shock internally. Check shock absorber condition and replace as required. On RT-S series, reset the ACS position sensor using the new provided procedure and values.

D) Fault Codes P0504 and C0040 may appear under certain conditions. No model mentioned.

I'm guessing that if the bulletin does not mention a specific model then it applies to all models. Anyone know what the fault codes indicate???

Spyder Garage

C0040 is a Brake Pedal Switch Failure - mechanical defect or wrong monting of the Brake Limit Switch, BLS circuit open, or defective brake light bulbs.

P0504 is Brake Signal Not Plausible - the brake signal vs the brake pressure correlation failed.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

I like this part.....
    Verify if the M6 stainless steel lock washer has
    been installed at PDI and add LOCTITE 243 (BLUE)
    (P/N 293 800 060).

Anybody have a lock washer on their antenna? Sure didn't see one on either of mine.
    Jay on Omega Bay Texas
    Spyder RT-S PE# 536
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=715