Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Test drive

Spyder Garage

All the dealers up here in Maine & New Hampshire require is an endorsed liscence, shoes or sneakers (no flip flops) and a helmet. Both states are non helmet. You slao have to sign the waiver. Too bad that dealer didn't want to sell her a Spyder. My dealer even had me talk to a potential customer and even left us alone. He made a sale that day. I have to drive just over an an hour and a half to get there but I think it's worth it.

Spyder Garage

All my dealer made me have was my permit and i was off to the wonderful world of spydering.
    God grant me the serenity to accept what i can't change, strength to change what i can't accept, and hiding places for the bodies of those who piss me off

full moon soon to be blue

Spyder Garage

I even asked if I could take it for a spin in their tiny parking lot and if they had anywhere behind the building, and he said no.

I told my hubs and he said that we wont be going back there. Not even to get me a new helmet for my birthday this tuesday... hahaha
    Casey

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Happy BD Steve

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by RubyRed View Post
    I even asked if I could take it for a spin in their tiny parking lot and if they had anywhere behind the building, and he said no.

I told my hubs and he said that we wont be going back there. Not even to get me a new helmet for my birthday this tuesday... hahaha
    Happy Birthday! From the sounds of it you will most likely be better off driving over an hour to another dealer. It could be worse, I have to ryde over 2 hours to get to a dealer I may be able to trust.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Spyder Garage

OR.....
    You could be bold enough to just buy one without the test drive - I did and have no regrets!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderFun View Post
    OR.....
    You could be bold enough to just buy one without the test drive - I did and have no regrets!
    Ohhh believe me I have thought of that already too.
    Casey

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderWolf View Post
    Happy Birthday! From the sounds of it you will most likely be better off driving over an hour to another dealer. It could be worse, I have to ryde over 2 hours to get to a dealer I may be able to trust.
    Quote Originally Posted by qstick7
    Happy BD Steve

Thanks for the Happy Birthdays, this is my last weekend of being in my twenties... hahahaha
    Casey

GOS member (Girls On Spyders)
    Spyder Garage

We drive an hour to get to our dealer in Hanover, PA even though we have one a bit closer. Got a better feel from the Hanover shop.

That being said...our first test ride was in the parking lot of this dealer. We had to have a motorcycle endorsement and had to sign the usual BRP waiver saying we know it's not a motorcycle, blah blah blah.

We took a real test ryde at a BRP event at a dealer about 2.5 hours away.
    Same scenario - sign the waiver, needed a bike endorsement - and of course, closed toe shoes & a helmet.

I'm very surprised they expect you to have motorcycle insurance before you even purchase. I mean...who the hell does that? Insurance companies need a VIN in order to write the policy.

Find another dealer...apparently it's not uncommon to have to ryde an hour to get to one.

Happy Birthday & good luck in your quest for a Spyder. I love mine!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderFun View Post
    OR.....
    I was so fired up, I put down a deposit without a test drive, but did test drive one before it was delivered.