Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default September 11th picnic

Welcome Spyder Ryders

On September 11th I am Having a Spyder picnic day at Old Mans cave in Hocking Hills State Park. Time will be 9am to 5pm.
    All Spyders Ryders are invited. There will be two small rydes; one from 9 to noon, and the other will be set up during lunch. There are nice twisty roads around the Hocking hills area so this will be a fun ride. (Did somebody say twistys?)
    I will be providing food and drinks for the picnic just let me know how many are coming.

Early bird Morning ride 9:00 AM to 12:00 AM
    Picnic Noon till ?????????
    Evening Ride Optional

Hocking Hills State Park
    19852 State Route 664 S
    Logan, Ohio 43138

Email nikoneric@yahoo.com
    My cell 419-957-4356
    http://www.hockinghillsstatepark.com/
    http://www.hockinghillsstatepark.com/

Last edited by EricDeub; 08-31-2010 at 07:24 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Confirmed Riders on September 11th 2 Spyders (Eric Deuble, Rob Lordier

Eric Deuble Forest Ohio 419-957-4356
    Rob Lordier Reynoldsburg 614-623-5819

Club Face book page http://www.facebook.com/?ref=home#!/group.php?gid=125173986359
    Last edited by EricDeub; 08-31-2010 at 08:54 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Its starting to look like its just the two of us again

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EricDeub View Post
    This is for all Spyders in Ohio interested in starting a club. I love to ride my Spyder but it is 10 times more fun to ride in a group. I propose we organize a Spyder meeting some time in August (28th ?) All Spyders are invited even if your from out of state and just want to hang out with fellow Spyder Riders, that will be cool with me. I'm thinking Delaware or Columbus since it is centrally located but the place and date will be set later to where the majority of riders are coming from for a more convenient ride. I'm just trying to get the ball rolling so all your thoughts will be appreciated. if your interested please give you name and hometown below and dates that will work best for you. Thanks Eric - Findlay, Ohio

:chat:
    Tourer in Fairfield, I'm interested but out of town tilll Nov.

Spyder Garage

Sorry Eric, gotta go to buff ny this weekend. Can't make the meeting. I did not go with the orange blast, gonna do kandy tangerine. hope it looks as good on the bike as it does in my mind----Budro
    Last edited by budro; 09-08-2010 at 03:56 PM. Reason: spelling

Spyder Garage

Default Sept. 11 Ride

Guys here is my problem,,, riding the spyder for a long distance hurts my knees in that one position. I had mounted highway pegs and that worked. But both pegs managed to work themselves loose and fall off somewhere. I ordered new pegs and got them within 4 days. I ordered another set of short magnum peg mounts and still have'nt received them yet. If Kewl Metal sends them by friday I can still make it.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Big Iron View Post
    Guys here is my problem,,, riding the spyder for a long distance hurts my knees in that one position. I had mounted highway pegs and that worked. But both pegs managed to work themselves loose and fall off somewhere. I ordered new pegs and got them within 4 days. I ordered another set of short magnum peg mounts and still have'nt received them yet. If Kewl Metal sends them by friday I can still make it.
    If you can't make this one, we'll plan something in your neck of the woods next time B.I....no problem.

For the record as of this post we hae 4 confirmed Spyders and at least 7 people planning on being in Hocking Hills Saturday morning. More may still join us pending replies to emails and mother nature of course.

I'm in for the morning ride and picnic but will probably break away in the afternoon to get back to watch the Buckeye game. Come to think if it...the triple nickel is in the area and sort of on my way home.

Now THAT would be a nice afternoon ride (hint hint)
    Last edited by pierrelogic; 09-08-2010 at 07:20 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Club/Ride

Well I guess it's official. I contacted Kewl Metal today and they said my items were just being shipped today (Thursday) and that I would get my items within 4 days. Amazing,,,, they did this to me before, and I still went back to them. Can't make the ride. I'll keep looking for news on the next. Sorry! Big Iron

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

That is cool Big Iron next year will be better and there will be lots of rides. Maybe if the weather holds Rob and I just mite swing up your way.

Quote Originally Posted by Big Iron View Post
    Well I guess it's official. I contacted Kewl Metal today and they said my items were just being shipped today (Thursday) and that I would get my items within 4 days. Amazing,,,, they did this to me before, and I still went back to them. Can't make the ride. I'll keep looking for news on the next. Sorry! Big Iron

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Well it looks like there will be 5 to 10 Spyders there on the 11th. We do have 5 confirmed. I know with out a doubt that Rob and I will be there. If you are planing on attending please let me know

Spyder Garage

If I'm not working. (On a swing shift schedule) I'll try to make it to an event.
    2009 Honda Shadow Aero
    US Navy (Retired)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

On October 9th at Hocking Hills State Park 10:00 AM on the East side lower parking lot is where we will meet. This time my wife and I are going to stay for the weekend. If you've never been at Hocking Hills at leaf peak you will not regret this meet. We do have a local Spyder ryder that lives here and will be taking us to all the best spots. I am so excited about this ride for the pure beauty of the fall leafs in the hills of Ohio. I hope that you can make it. This will be a annual event and all Spyder Ryder's are invited. Please confirm if you are coming. I will list all confirmed riders and home towns. You might be able to meet up and ride down together. Thanks Eric

Meeting place http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...76335,0.417824
    Last edited by EricDeub; 09-13-2010 at 09:30 PM.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I just made my log cabin reservations for the 8th and 9th. Two days of fun in the hills.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Confirmed 8 Spyders

1. Eric Deuble and Shana Deuble (EricDeub) Findlay Ohio
    2. Rob Lordier(pierrelogic) Reynoldsburg Ohio
    3. Budro S.E. Ohio
    4. Brevet05 Washington Township. OH
    5. Jeff and 6. Melinda (bonehead)
    7. Killerbee and 8. Friend of Killerbee

Maybes 4 Spyders

1 (Big Iron) Cleveland OH
    2 (mrwidget)
    3 (killerbee)
    4 (Trickie Dick)

((((((((((((( Let me know when to move you to the green ))))))))))))

((((((((( Meeting place http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...76335,0.417824 )))))))))))))

You can't miss the spot. Follow the Old Mans cave signs to Hocking Hill's State park. Rght across the road from the park visitor center is a small road called Culp RD, right off 664 and 374, the parking lot is right there. Use my link and go to satellite mode I have it marked on the map.
    Last edited by EricDeub; 09-28-2010 at 07:55 PM.

Spyder Garage

Default Greetings from a new Ohio Member

Greetings, my name is Paul Wooldridge. I am from Circleville, Ohio. I don't own a Spyder just yet. I've been looking at them with keen interest. I hope to have one next year. I test rode one at ASK in Grove City,Ohio. It was a white RSS-SE5. I loved it! My initial leanings are toward the RT-S. I have been reading about quality issues with the Spyders and with bad service from some of the dealers. Ironically someone commented about ASK Grove City as being a bad experience. I am familiar with the Dealer in Jackson. Maybe I need to consider them when I'm ready to buy. My previous ride was a Honda Shadow Sabre 1100 VT. I was a member of the Sabre Group. I am familiar with the Hocking Hills Area. I have ridden it and hiked it. It's always a pleasant ride. I just missed Spyders in the Smokies. I was in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, week before last. My handle on here is Old Dog. I look forward to getting to know you all.

Thanks,
    OldDog

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Welcome Paul, Greetings from the group. Let me shine a little light on the quality issues on the Sypder. The problem with this website is that people need to understand this is a brand new technology, and it will have bugs. I can honestly say that they Spyder experience is worth it. I have friends with all types of bikes and they just as many problems as the Spyders do. You just don't hear about it as much because the spotlight is not directly on them. You will not regret buying a Spyder.

Quote Originally Posted by OldDog View Post
    Greetings, my name is Paul Wooldridge. I am from Circleville, Ohio. I don't own a Spyder just yet. I've been looking at them with keen interest. I hope to have one next year. I test rode one at ASK in Grove City,Ohio. It was a white RSS-SE5. I loved it! My initial leanings are toward the RT-S. I have been reading about quality issues with the Spyders and with bad service from some of the dealers. Ironically someone commented about ASK Grove City as being a bad experience. I am familiar with the Dealer in Jackson. Maybe I need to consider them when I'm ready to buy. My previous ride was a Honda Shadow Sabre 1100 VT. I was a member of the Sabre Group. I am familiar with the Hocking Hills Area. I have ridden it and hiked it. It's always a pleasant ride. I just missed Spyders in the Smokies. I was in Pigeon Forge and Gatlinburg, week before last. My handle on here is Old Dog. I look forward to getting to know you all.

Thanks,
    OldDog

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Confirmed 9 Spyders

1. Eric Deuble and Shana Deuble (EricDeub) Findlay Ohio
    2. Rob Lordier(pierrelogic) Reynoldsburg Ohio
    3. Budro S.E. Ohio
    4. Brevet05 Washington Township. OH
    5. Jeff and 6. Melinda (bonehead)
    7. Dennis Alliane Ohio
    8. Bonnie (Killerbee) Alliane Ohio
    9. Dave and Teddy (CyncySpyder) Cincinnati Ohio

Maybes 3 Spyders

1 (Big Iron) Cleveland OH
    2 (mrwidget)
    4 (Trickie Dick)

((((((((((((( Let me know when to move you to the green ))))))))))))

((((((((( Meeting place http://maps.google.com/maps/ms?hl=en...76335,0.417824 )))))))))))))

You can't miss the spot. Follow the Old Mans cave signs to Hocking Hill's State park. Rght across the road from the park visitor center is a small road called Culp RD, right off 664 and 374, the parking lot is right there. Use my link and go to satellite mode I have it marked on the map.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Well we are heading out. We know from experience that we do not have cell service down there, meet anyone who want to ryde at 10am.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by EricDeub View Post
    Well we are heading out. We know from experience that we do not have cell service down there, meet anyone who want to ryde at 10am.
    Ride safe; we'll see you tomorrow morning!
    Happy 2010 Orbital Blue Spyder RT-S Owner
    TricLED Vader Lightswith Blue Tunnel Lights Option, Aqua Glo-Ryders, TricLED Fender Lights, TricLED Invisible Brake/Running Lights, TricLED Trunk Light.

Spyder Garage

Well thanks to Erics efforts the "club" meeting today in the Hocking Hills was a great time. Got to meet the folks that are usually just an avatar. Look forward to seein' all of you again.---Budro

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

We finally made it home. Had an awesome weekend! Thanks everyone who came to ryde. Shana and I enjoyed meeting everyone and spending time with all of you both on and off road. I think that this was a milestone for our club and hopefully we can recruit more ryders next time. Shana and I would like to thank Fred and Sharon for welcoming us to their home and leading the ryde with many twisties and spectacular
    views. Will post some pics tonight and tomorrow ( I have a lot ) it will take me some time.