Spyder Garage

Default Simple Quick Slick Drink Holder Under $10.00

Hello fellow riders:

Spent some time looking at current providers of drink holders. The quality was consistantly good. I just don't care to spend $30 to $70 duckets.

So here is my proven solution.
    Schwin bicycle water bottle holder. $5.96, one length of all thread 1/8" or 3/16", 8" shrink tubing, (your choice of available colors) 4 standard nuts for size of all thread.

How to do it. (sorry no Pictures)

Mount on throttle or other side, both fit.

Take all thread, then thread one of the nuts on all the way past where the cut and shrink tubing will be.(why? once you cut the bent rod and hack saw it off, the burrs will make it almost impossible to thread a nut on, save yourself the hassle)

Slide shrink tubing on
    (don't bend and then think it will slide over the curve it won't)
    the length of the 2 ends is up to you, I just eyeballed it and it came out good.

Now you need to drill the Schwin holder for one of the u bracket ends. This is personel prefrence, hi or low on the holder rear bracket.

Get your fit, dry assemble to be sure

Break it down, shrink the tubing, reassemble, double nut the ends and you are done.

Even riders that aren't Uber mechanics can do this project, it really is straight forward and my directions I hope are easy to follow. You might need pliers or a vice grip for the bend and a cresent wrench and cigarrette lighter but that's all.

On another note I spend a lot of time looking up neat stuff that can be used on a Spyder. This provider is a proven quality parts and pieces company. I especially like their Hi Tech mounting appliances for bar attachments. Because they are geared toward adventure touring the products are well thought out and proven performers.

www.aerostich.com

No I am not an agent or recieve compensation, I just like quality.

Buck1234
    Last edited by buck1234; 08-01-2010 at 04:59 PM. Reason: forgot important item

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by buck1234 View Post
    Hello fellow riders:

Spent some time looking at current providers of drink holders. The quality was consistantly good. I just don't care to spend $30 to $70 duckets.

So here is my proven solution.
    Schwin bicycle water bottle holder. $5.96, one length of all thread 1/8" or 3/16", 8" shrink tubing, (your choice of available colors) 4 standard nuts for size of all thread.

How to do it. (sorry no Pictures)

Mount on throttle or other side, both fit.

Take all thread, then thread one of the nuts on all the way past where the cut and shrink tubing will be.(why? once you cut the bent rod and hack saw it off, the burrs will make it almost impossible to thread a nut on, save yourself the hassle)

Slide shrink tubing on
    (don't bend and then think it will slide over the curve it won't)
    the length of the 2 ends is up to you, I just eyeballed it and it came out good.

Now you need to drill the Schwin holder for one of the u bracket ends. This is personel prefrence, hi or low on the holder rear bracket.

Get your fit, dry assemble to be sure

Break it down, shrink the tubing, reassemble, double nut the ends and you are done.

Even riders that aren't Uber mechanics can do this project, it really is straight forward and my directions I hope are easy to follow. You might need pliers or a vice grip for the bend and a cresent wrench and cigarrette lighter but that's all.

On another note I spend a lot of time looking up neat stuff that can be used on a Spyder. This provider is a proven quality parts and pieces company. I especially like their Hi Tech mounting appliances for bar attachments. Because they are geared toward adventure touring the products are well thought out and proven performers.

www.aerostich.com

No I am not an agent or recieve compensation, I just like quality.

Buck1234
    How about a photo of the finished product installed?