Thread: engine cutoff

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default engine cutoff

My RT has quit running on me 3 times today ,turn the key off for about 5 seconds and it starts right up again ,anyone have any ideas? Been using shell 93 0ctane ,filled with marathon 93 octane tonite to see if I had a batch of bad gas,hate to have to take back to dealer again.Beautiful machine when running correctly.Had to tear engine apart ,put new air bag in back suspension ,(still leaks air) now this and only about 6 weeks old.
    Jack

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Don't know about that but i run 87 octane in my rs as specified in the manual and have no problems...but then again i haven't done any modifications to the engine that would requirement a change in gas octane...not sure if it's different for the rt.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

the RT has higher compression and supposedly needs more octaine

Spyder Garage

Sorry to hear of your problems. First, check to see that all relays and fuses in the fusebox are seated well. When it quits running, you can check for a fault code by pressing "Mode", "Set", and turn signal "Cancel" simultaneously. I doubt you will find anything, but it's worth a try. besides, you probably won't be able to deal with the fault yourself. Beyond that, you will probably have to see your dealer. Possibilities include loose wiring connections, a bad security module, or a bad ignition or kill switch. Good luck!
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!