Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by greybeard View Post
    my dealer had no idea what a cricket was and didn't want to use it. when he put a new tire on the rear he set it to 700 on their sonic gauge was tight as a banjo string and now 3000 miles later when he replaced the front drive pulley I asked him to not set it so tight, so he set it at 400. when I checked it with the cricket it was 210 pounds. At 700 on the sonic gauge would have been over max on the kricket
    Mr. Greybeard,

Mine just came back from the shop, the tech left it at 950 Newtons (RTL, this is too tight), and my Krikit measured around 200 lbs on the ground. Those sonic meters need calibration occasionally, and I'll bet a few of them have never been back for accuracy verification. The Krikit isn't perfect, but it's very reliable. As long as you don't abuse it, it'll work and return the same reading.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals
    States Visited on Less than 4 wheels.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Sarge707 View Post
    Since my belt was lowered from 1150 Ketons to 600 ketons I can twist it 90 degrees with some effort. BUT , it makes MORE noise when I accelerate fast, almosts like a flapping sound. Is this OK?
    Sarge707,

I looked up Keton, couldn't find it. I'm used to seeing Newtons, Lbs, and rarely Hertz. I ride an RT, but when lowering my belt tension to the very lowest extremes it made less vibration, but did hear the belt more. A Roadster Renovations dampener fixed that.
    h0gr1der
    2018 RT Limited Blue/Chrome SE6 *Tri-Axis Bars*Adjustable Driver Backrest*175/55R15 Vredestein Front, 205/60R15 Vredestein Rear Tires*Baja Ron Front Spring Pre-Load Adjusters*Misty Mountain Sheepskin seat cover*Centramatic balancers *Garmin Zumo 595LM GPS*KOTT Grills*BajaRon swaybar*SpyderPops Alignment*Missing Belt guard*Magnetic Mirrors*Custom Rear Adjustable Shock*360° LED Headlights & Foglights*Progressive front fender turn signals

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by h0gr1der View Post
    Sarge707,

I looked up Keton, couldn't find it. I'm used to seeing Newtons, Lbs, and rarely Hertz. I ride an RT, but when lowering my belt tension to the very lowest extremes it made less vibration, but did hear the belt more. A Roadster Renovations dampener fixed that.
    I do not think there is a 'Keton' measurement system. I'd say he meant Newton, as you suggest. Sonic tensioners use Hertz (hz). The Krikit gauge uses Pound Foot force. They are all interchangeable as long as you know the correct conversion value from the appropriate Newton force recommended by BRP.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I do not think there is a 'Keton' measurement system. I'd say he meant Newton, as you suggest. Sonic tensioners use Hertz (hz). The Krikit gauge uses Pound Foot force. They are all interchangeable as long as you know the correct conversion value from the appropriate Newton force recommended by BRP.
    A while back someone had a post with a very large conversion number. Always double check between 2 different converters before believing the result! I sue Convert.exe, a stand alone downloadable program that has always been accurate for me.
    h0gr1der