Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: FUNNY STORY!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default FUNNY STORY!

I took a little cruise today and came to a stop light and a kawasaki mean streak was behind me. He got kinda close, I was thinking the usual person just checking the bike out, so I turned around and the guy kinda giggled at me??? My pride wouldnt let that pass so I tached my bike up to 6 grand and dumped the clutch, I did about a 100 foot burnout and left this guy. Keep in mind my bike isnt stock, I have a pipe, jb pro and evo air filter, I tuned the juice box myself. I sometimes think people dont have respect for the spyder as much as they should. When he finally caught up to me he said " I didnt think those bikes ran that good" . Anybody else run into that on the street??

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by NITSPYDER View Post
    I took a little cruise today and came to a stop light and a kawasaki mean streak was behind me. He got kinda close, I was thinking the usual person just checking the bike out, so I turned around and the guy kinda giggled at me??? My pride wouldnt let that pass so I tached my bike up to 6 grand and dumped the clutch, I did about a 100 foot burnout and left this guy. Keep in mind my bike isnt stock, I have a pipe, jb pro and evo air filter, I tuned the juice box myself. I sometimes think people dont have respect for the spyder as much as they should. When he finally caught up to me he said " I didnt think those bikes ran that good" . Anybody else run into that on the street??
    Most of the people I run into think it's a scooter until I point out the 990 on the side and explain it's almost 1000cc

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dlittle View Post
    Most of the people I run into think it's a scooter until I point out the 990 on the side and explain it's almost 1000cc
    I'm getting tired of people at work asking me if I rode my scooter

When I tell them how fast it will go they are shooked unless they are HD riders.

Spyder Garage

I believe most of us have had to demonstrate the horsepower a time or two. Of course I try to use restraint.
    Happy Owner

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

TRICYCLE IS A GOOD ONE TOO, BUT MOST OF THE TIME THAT COMES FROM GUYS WHO JUST SIMPLY COULDNT BUY ONE OF THESE BIKES IF THEY WANTED TO. I LOVE MY BIKE, ITS WAY MORE FUN THAN THE GSXR I HAD PREVIOUSLY. TRUST ME MOST OF THE ATTENTION IS GOOD ATTENTION BUT FOR SOMEONE TO ACT LIKE THE SPYDER DOESNT QUALIFY AS A BIKE IS STUPID. OUR BIKES COST MORE THAN MOST HARLEYS!!!

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator
    Spyder Garage

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I get thats the bike with training wheels. I usually tell them the HP and TORQUE numbers and they usually shut up very quick.

Spyder Garage

I've had similar things happen--- and I typically let my rear tire do the talking----

Some people call any bike a 'scooter'--- not meaning to be offensive.

I have one group of girls that tend bar at my local brewery that always ask me if I rode my 'snowmobile' or not.....

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post

+1 Some people I work with ask if I rode my scooter in without meaning any disrespect. Sometimes I even call it a scooter.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Smile

Why so sensitive, People that don't know Spyders will sometimes say things that sound insensitive just to start a conversion, most times no harm meant, Deal with it, And if you can with a smile,

Yellinacha
    Spyder Garage

Motorbike Professor
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Firefly View Post
    Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    +1 Some people I work with ask if I rode my scooter in without meaning any disrespect. Sometimes I even call it a scooter.
    Everywhere else, for the last 40+ years, I have been known as Scooter Scotty. It's sure not a sign of disrespect to me. I'm a long time past where I cared whether people liked my ride or not...and that includes my tricycle!

Quote Originally Posted by boborgera View Post

Why so sensitive, People that don't know Spyders will sometimes say things that sound insensitive just to start a conversion, most times no harm meant, Deal with it, And if you can with a smile,
    I think the fact that they strike up a conversation indicates interest. They may not believe in what you ride, or know the best way to express themselves, but they are interested...good or bad. Polite respect is always the best response.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I'm getting great feedback
    . I recently visited what might be called an outlaw club. These guys are hard core HD riders. Several said they are probably getting to an age where they might have to consider one. I am not club material, just an old man with a trike. I was surprised at the great reception.

Spyder Garage

I get lots of comments and almost all are positive. My riding buddy has a new CBR1000 and notes that I attract much more attention than he does. The spyder is unique and the average person looks at his bike and only sees a red motorcycle. Another friend who thinks the spyder is great said he met one coming down the road and it looked like a person riding a power mower. Is this the ultimate complement or the ultimate insult? I'm too busy grinning to care.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I bought mine for me!!! Not to please anyone else but if it does i will talk to them Heck if anybody has a ? i will be glad to answer it with a smile. I have done some things to the bike that i like and don't like but i guess that is what makes it mine.

Spyder Garage

I use scooter and scoot often, always had a nice ring to it, kind of neutral, if it's my wife, "honey, i'm taking the scooter to the store". If it's my buddies," I'm ridin the scoot today".

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I havent really had anyone say scooter yet, there are not many Spyders rolling around in my neck of the woods yet so people constantly stare and ask questions, very few make negative comments. Most people think its really cool. I guess my pride got to me when that guy giggled at me, I just hope he didnt choke too bad on all the rubber I threw in his face!! lol

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I point to the 200 mark on the speedometer and that gets their jaw dropping (I don't mention that its that high for displaying KPH)
    2015 F3 SE6 , White - The fastest color!

PE-1294
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by GaryTheBadger View Post
    I point to the 200 mark on the speedometer and that gets their jaw dropping (I don't mention that its that high for displaying KPH)
    Ditto!!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I like to answer the question "What is that?" with "My Street Doo" then look at the expression on their face.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Streetdoo is hilarious, I will have to use that one for sure!!

Spyder Garage

I traded my Burgman 650 in for my RTS in April. I have been defending my Scooter that will go over 100 MPH for years so the occasional remark about my Spyder is nothing.

(My first SpyderLovers post by the way)

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Just after SpyderDeb got her's, we were at one of the local HD stores for an event. The group we generally ride with were giving her c##p about the toy, that thing don't really go does it. She nonchalantly stated it would lay rubber. After a few more "..yeh, yeh..." comments, she started it up and dropped a nice long black mark in front of the store. Never got any more guff about being a toy.

Happy Trails!
    Wayne
    pauly1 - SpyderDeb's 'wrench'
    2018 F3-T & 2015 F3-S Road Warrior Foundation Tribute customs
    IBA #48220 SS1000 BB1500
    2015 F3-S , OEM na Basic Black with Custom Wrap

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytime View Post
    I'm getting great feedback. I recently visited what might be called an outlaw club. These guys are hard core HD riders. Several said they are probably getting to an age where they might have to consider one. I am not club material, just an old man with a trike. I was surprised at the great reception.
    Red Machine or S.O.S ?

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Yeah, 99% of the feedback I get is positive and curious. There is always the occasional Harley idiot that has the 'tude. I don't let it get to me; I just smile and let it go. It just doesn't mater man! But they do tend to shut up when they see how fast she is!

Where I ride there are a few guys that have these AWSOME Ducati's and when I'm runnin the twisties and I see one of them coming I get over and let them go. They always wave and then just disappear! But I think they are always surprised when on the return trip they see that I am not THAT far behind them!

We finally met and talked bikes and riding etc. It was the ultimate in cool! I was in awe of their machines, and they wanted to know about the Spyder!