Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

I've had several of these mentioned also to include the deputy sheriff ask how fast does it go. My reply...gets to the speed limit pretty darn quick.
    Ray
    "Instead of arriving in Heaven in a nice well perserved body I'd rather slide in feet first, all beat up, loudly proclaiming thank you Jesus for a great ride!"

Spyder Garage

I had a guy come up to me at the gas pump and ask if you could get a hardtop for it.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk HD

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I was sitting at a traffic light on a very busy street in Savannah today. A car pulled up beside me with the window down. A young lady with a cigarette dangling from her left hand shouted "Will it haul A**. I answered "Well it carries mine quiet nicely."

Spyder Garage

Someone asked me,,,, What kind of HONDA is that!!???

Spyder Garage

Most of the time, I find that people ask silly questions about the Spyder as a way of trying to start a conversation.

As a good ambassador, I simply respond as best as I can.

If they ask a question like "Is that thing electric" I will merely say that no, this one runs on gas, but there is a hybrid version in the works.

If you make fun of people because they don't understand the details of the bike, you might be mistaken for those 1% riders who feel superior to all the others strictly based on the brand of motorcycle they ride.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Spyder Garage

Default very tactfull

i agree 100%. that is a very good point,and a great way to handle the questions
    it was fun while it lasted.

Spyder Garage

A waitress at Texas Roadhouse asked me if it was a scooter...

My mods: Ed Hardy "Love Kills Slowly" graphics, custom tag frame to match graphics, Kuryakyn floorboards, Street Magic Easy Risers, Mean City Cycles seat mod, BRP Ultra Touring windshield with wind deflectors, Street FX ElectroPod lighting kit, Street FX Tire Technix motion activated wheel lights, extended parking brake lever, SpyderPops super duper foot-saving heat shield (aaahhhhh!!!)

Spyder Garage

I had one guy ask me if the wheels came off.

zrc

At the BP in Riceville, TN the follow statement was made:

"Holy Sh** dude! Is that like a future bike or something?"

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Tell them, "Yes... and your time machine is functioning as planned..."
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Very Active Member Arr MiHardies's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by ThreeWheels View Post

If you make fun of people because they don't understand the details of the bike, you might be mistaken for those 1% riders who feel superior to all the others strictly based on the brand of motorcycle they ride.
    I don't feel superior based on the brand of bike I ride. I feel superior because most of the human race are idiots. Dumb questions deserve dumb answers. :P or at least humorous answers.
    President - Spyder Ryder of America - Mojave Desert Chapter
    National Web Master - Spyder Ryder of America

Spyder Garage

What a dumbass moron I think he was just being a smartass, it doesn't look or sound anything like a freaking moped what a horses ass

Sent from my Desire HD using Tapatalk 2

Spyder Garage

Two older Ladies looked at me like they wanted to ask a question, i said, would you like to take it for a ride?? they just smiled, so i handed the key to one of them and said, be back in an hour, or i will have to come looking for you, they both laughed out loud, one said to the other " wouldn't that be a hoot". made my day

Spyder Garage

I don’t know if this one has been posted yet but it is a first for me.

At the gas station as I’m filling up with gas, the guy on the other side of the pump asks me if that thing is electric.
    I said I don’t think I would be at the gas station if it was electric?
    Absorb what is useful, use no limitation as limitation

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by darren View Post
    I all ways get gee that looks like one of those snow bikes but with out the ski's can you ride in in the snow
    had a guy ask me the other day if I ride it in the winter. I told him " yeah, I strap ski's on the front and stud the back wheel and off I go" he said Oh that's a great idea I have to get me one..I bet if I would have told him the sky was falling he would've looked up for a bit to figure it out.
    2013 RT-S se5, C/D HMT third tail light( r/b/t), Ram Cup holder, TRICLED front fender LED's (r/t), C/D Bright sides (r/t), Bajaron sway bar and metal heim links, TRICLED mirror turn signal LED's, ISCI tall dual flag holder, BackOff LED license plate frame, "Rufus" (stuffed 20" Bulldog) real one wants nothing to do with bike. Honel tri bag for dash, recordingguy25's (SL handle) custom mud flap ( didn't want plain old square cut mud flap. Spyderpops critter gitter. Gremlin Bell

Spyder Garage

Default The Dumbest Comment /Question Ive Heard

Quote Originally Posted by Bob Denman View Post
    I still love it when thye walk by and look at the speedomater and say, "200? Wow..."

I've only had one person ask if that was mph, kph or both. I complimented him on his astute powers of observation!

On my Maiden voyage from Utah into Texas. One morning an old gent meanders over to me as I am mounting my after a grain stop and asks "200!! Does it really do 200?"

I respond "Hold On Fast" then I twisted the throttle to about 6,000 RPM and let go of the clutch leaving about 50' of pooh behind! I am sure his jaw was on the ground!
    If it Feels Good, Do It !!

Too Much Is Just Enough !
    2011 RS~S Pure Magnesium / Black ~M~

Spyder Garage

While gasing up one day, a group of surfer dudes pulled in to the pumps next to me. They all got out and came over to check out my . One asks the normal questions, what is that, is it street legal, is it fast, how much?, ect, ect... Then one of the other boys says, that would be so cool to have, but there is no place to put my surf board. To which I said, not now, but you could have a rack made that goes on the trailer hitch.

He is sold, said he will get one as soon as he gets a job and has money. So i'm guessing not for awhile.

Spyder Garage

While pumping gas at about 6am, a guy walk over from his pump and ask, how do you like this thing. I nicely replied.
    his next question: Was this a design flaw, cause the 2 wheels are in the front and not the back. My response this time was dude it is to early for the bull poopie questions and I rode off.
    If you ryde like there's no tomorrow, there won't be any
    Accidents hurt - safety doesn't

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Double Trouble View Post
    Got this one this morning at Starbucks.

"Will that thing run in the water too?"
    you should have answered them and said--"ya, but not too long!

Spyder Garage

I picked up my new Spyder and on the way home stopped by my son's place to show it off, My ten year old grandson came running out eyes wide he walked around it a couple times reached out and touched the handle bars, ran back inside yelling,,,,,,,," Mom Mom grandpa has got a transformer "
    not stupid,,,,,,,darn funny

Spyder Garage

Heres the dumbest one I heard just the other day

Question:
    "What do you with in the winter"

Answer:
    "I open the frunk hit the flux capacitor button and the fandangle pops out clearing the road and producing heat.

Response:
    "OH I thought it had some dome that goes over it"

Yep I drove off at that point!
    Open up your Mind and let your Fantasies Unwind!

GOS member (Girls On Spyders) pslawing's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

At Spyderfest (800 spyders came) this year we were stopped at gas station. Typical comments like "what is it". Then the statement that took me to my knees. "I think they're getting more popular cause I've been seeing a lot of them things around here lately!"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk 2

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I don't particularly like the attention. I am not paid by BRP to shill their products and could care less what other folks think of my Spyder. I am not an "Ambassador" or sales rep for them. Course, I don't wave at other bikers either so I must be a crabby old b*****d.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pslawing View Post
    At Spyderfest (800 spyders came) this year we were stopped at gas station. Typical comments like "what is it". Then the statement that took me to my knees. "I think they're getting more popular cause I've been seeing a lot of them things around here lately!"
    I've got a SpyderFest story too!
    While getting some fuel on Saturday, a younger fella walked over and asked what all of these "Strange-looking bikes" were doing here.
    I simply responded,
    "The Mother ship has landed!"Mork.jpg
    2010 RT A&C, RT-L, RT-L , Orbital Blue, Cognac, Jet Black

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by redflasher View Post
    I don't particularly like the attention. I am not paid by BRP to shill their products and could care less what other folks think of my Spyder. I am not an "Ambassador" or sales rep for them. Course, I don't wave at other bikers either so I must be a crabby old b*****d.
    Yeah, you must be