Spyder Garage

Default Found! - Front Cargo Light

I found my front cargo light! I've looked for it several times. The engine has to be running for it to work. Why would you have to start the bike to have the light (as useless as it is) on? It does not make sense. It should turn on with the key in the "ON" position. Well --- I found it anyways.
    Last edited by dadof4; 07-23-2010 at 09:18 PM.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by dadof4 View Post
    I found my front cargo light! I've looked for it several times. The engine has to be running for it to work. Why would you have to start the bike to have the light (as useless as it is) on? I does not make sense. It should turn on with the key in the "ON" position. Well --- I found it anyways.

Spyder Garage

Yep! I had to ask Lamont where it was, even after I had the Spyder running. A Boy Scout with one match in the middle of a dark forest puts out more light. BTW, it should work during the delay after you shut the engine off...but so do the headlights, so you don't need it. Come to think about it, with the engine running, the headlights are on, so you still don't need it. Nice thought...poor execution. Keep a MagLite in the frunk!
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

My RT-S, which is advertised as having a frunk light actually does not. My dealer called to find out why, and it turns out BRP discontinued it on the late 2010 models. Got the big travel cover, too. Maglite in the frunk, yes sir!
    Happy 2010 Orbital Blue Spyder RT-S Owner
    TricLED Vader Lightswith Blue Tunnel Lights Option, Aqua Glo-Ryders, TricLED Fender Lights, TricLED Invisible Brake/Running Lights, TricLED Trunk Light.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Brevet05 View Post
    My RT-S, which is advertised as having a frunk light actually does not. My dealer called to find out why, and it turns out BRP discontinued it on the late 2010 models. Got the big travel cover, too. Maglite in the frunk, yes sir!
    wow . Have to look now ... just got mine 8 hr ago

do you know when yours was mfg? mine was Jan 2010 I think. it was on the shipping crate... europe date format

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by clueless View Post
    wow . Have to look now ... just got mine 8 hr ago

do you know when yours was mfg? mine was Jan 2010 I think. it was on the shipping crate... europe date format
    On the RT, you can find it as described in this thread. Mine was born 11/30/2009 10:53.31
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

no frunk light big cover being swapped by dealer for travel cover (more of use to me). have large covers for garage already...

the liner is fully covering the inside. is the frunk light behind the zip in liner? I am guessing no light ... wonder if the wring is there to tap for a light or may go ghetto and just get a stick in battery led light disk.