Spyder Garage

Talking New, Not-Yet Syder owner

Hello all,

I've been trolling the site for awhile now, and finally decided to join today.

I've had my eye on the Spyder for about a year now, and am hoping to get one this year.

I've got a big vacation planned for October, and won't be able to really consider the purchase until my return, as all of our extra funds are being reserved for the trip.

My main question is....

Which of the central/southern Ohio dealers am I bound to find the best deal on a new rig?

My budget will probably only support a base RS SM5, however if I can go to one dealer over another, and pull a RS SE5 or even RS-S out of them on the same budget, the choice is obvious.

TIA!

Josh

Spyder Garage

welcome All I know is you will probably get your best deal in the Oct-Dec time frame and find the Best Out the Door deal!!

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

welcome
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!

Spyder Garage

welcome 2011s will be coming out about then .Should get a good deal on a new 2009.
    Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

welcome and fellow Buckeye.

ASK powersports have a bit of a monopoly on the central Ohio area (Columbus/Grove City/Lancaster). All family owned..by the same family (Akers). Chances are you'll not be able to pit one of the three against the other because of that...BUT that gives them the ability to keep quite an inventory to move around to get you exactly what you want. I personally didn't buy from them because I was one of those pain in the butt consumers that actually asked a lot of questions and I kept getting a different story each time I went in. Nothing personal against them...just didn't feel right to me.

Jackson in mid-southern OH I've heard good things from. Smaller dealership so you may be able to cut a deal with them. I personally know of one other person that bought from them and they had zero complaints.

Middletown cycle is where I bought from. After twoo weeks in and out of the Columbus dealerships I drove 95 miles to see them and bought the same day because they looked me in the eye and shot straight with me. I have nothing from good things to say about the sales force and the shop is on top of all things Spyder related (invaluable for warranty work). They are the real deal. They are good people that want your business and earn it. I even receied a phone call out of the blue from them today about a situation that came up with another spyderlover member here that had some issues. Apparently, it was all a misunderstanding and both parties walked away at least satisfied (as far as I can tell...Brian?). Look up Chris and tell him Rob recommended them to you. Normally, Chris and I would share a "finders fee" if you purchase from them but I care more about others being happy Spyder Ryders and more importantly able to depend on Middletown for their warranty/shop work than a few bucks in my pocket....always!

Spyder Garage

I have also heard good things about Jackson. I bought my Honda 2 wheeler there and have no issues. I'm going to take my Spyder there in the next few weeks for the 3,000 mile check-up so I'll let you know. They said on the phone no issue waiting and should be a quick turn around.
    2009 Honda Shadow Aero
    US Navy (Retired)

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I looked at ASK in lancaster and Honda Suzuki of jackson Ohio
    when I was thinking of trading my 2008 for a rts jackson seemed
    better to deal with and when I do upgrade next year that is where
    I think I will go http://www.hondasuzukiofjackson.com

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by pierrelogic View Post
    .............m. Smaller dealership so you may be able to cut a deal with them. I personally know of one other person that bought from them and they had zero complaints.

Middletown cycle is where I bought from. After twoo weeks in and out of the Columbus dealerships I drove 95 miles to see them and bought the same day because they looked me in the eye and shot straight with me. I have nothing from good things to say about the sales force and the shop is on top of all things Spyder related (invaluable for warranty work). They are the real deal. They are good people that want your business and earn it. I even receied a phone call out of the blue from them today about a situation that came up with another spyderlover member here that had some issues. Apparently, it was all a misunderstanding and both parties walked away at least satisfied (as far as I can tell...Brian?). Look up Chris and tell him Rob recommended them to you. Normally, Chris and I would share a "finders fee" if you purchase from them but I care more about others being happy Spyder Ryders and more importantly able to depend on Middletown for their warranty/shop work than a few bucks in my pocket....always!

Nice write up!
    I wish I felt that strongly about a dealer within a 100 miles from where I live...
    BRP
    Happier Spyder Owner

Fairly happy 08 YELLOW SE5

Registered Users Country Spyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default Middletown Cycle

I second logic.

I purchased my spyder at Middletown back in 2009, and was so impressed with them that I purchased a Can am Renegade 500 in April.

Service department is great!!! I had a buddy that was leaking oil from his CBR 600 2 days before a long bike trip we were taking. My friend had never done business with MTC, but they knew he was a friend of mine and took care of him in time to make our trip.

Aaron and the crew at MTC are great!!

They are on facebook now if you want to check them out!!

MH
    If life is a journey.....I am lovin' the ride.

VERY HAPPY OWNER

Spyder Garage

thanks for the recommendations... I hope to get down to Middletown within the next few weeks to do some "window shopping"...

Then maybe I will head opposite to Jackson to do the same...

Thanks again!