Thread: Clutch Recall

Spyder Garage

Default Clutch Recall

Have my RTS in for shock replacement and the clutch recall. Talked to service department and they said the recall has been suspended because the fix is causing more problems than before the fix. Anyone else hear this?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Burt View Post
    Have my RTS in for shock replacement and the clutch recall. Talked to service department and they said the recall has been suspended because the fix is causing more problems than before the fix. Anyone else hear this?
    No we haven't heard that.... but the replacement worked on our RS;
    however we are holding off on replacing on the RT (not broke, why fix it?) at least for now....

Cat
    Vaughn
    Spyder Cat's other half
    Passing thru Southern Oregon? Come ryde with us SOreSpyders@yahoo.com

2010 RT-SE5 PE#783
    Mods: Corbin Custom Seat & passenger arm rests; Elka Shocks, RT622 trailer, and lots and lots of gas. . . . and did I mention, a new rear tire?
    2010 RS , custom home made billet Red/Black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Clutch recall

Mine is running fine after the clutch recall fix. Much smoother shifting.

Spyder Garage

Default Clutch Recall

I have not heard that and I'm not sure I'm buying it. I had the fix and it's been fine

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    I have not heard that and I'm not sure I'm buying it. I had the fix and it's been fine
    It sure sounds odd to me since most everything I have read on here has been positive about the fix.

Spyder Garage

Default Yesterday

Just had mine done yesterday, when first put back together the clutch did not engage at all, tech made a call to his buddy and realized that some "thingy" had to go in a certain way although it would fit any way. After that put it all back together and runs like a champ. this coupled with the engine starting to get broke in (1700) miles it just keeps geting better.
    Facta Non Verba
    2010 RT-S SE5 PE 368

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Mine is being done as I write this, The service manager do not say anything regarding a stop to this recall.

Spyder Garage

Default Different Story

Made a followup call to the dealership. Yesterday they said BRP called them and said the recall had been suspended because the fix wasn't working. Today I asked if this was all dealers and he said no, they stopped doing the recall because they didn't have all the correct parts.

Spyder Garage

Made a followup call to the dealership. Yesterday they said BRP called them and said the recall had been suspended because the fix wasn't working. Today I asked if this was all dealers and he said no, they stopped doing the recall because they didn't have all the correct parts.
    Not sure how much faith I would have in that dealer. One story one day, another story the next. My recall service was done Tuesday and the Spyder is running better than ever.

RT-S PE#0482
    Spyder Garage

Mine was done today and running great. No problems before fix

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Had our RTS fixed last Friday and it seems to be working great. Shifting seems smoother. No word from my dealer about the recall being suspended.

Spyder Garage

Default To clarify

On the second call, the service manager said their dealership suspended doing the recall until they received all the correct parts. On my first call his words were "BRP recalled the recall..".

Bottom line is the recall has not been suspended by BRP. It is just not currently being performed at this particular dealership.

It's sad when you have to go to an internet board to verify what your dealer tells you. But it sure is great to have this board in case you have to.

Spyder Garage

I just wish my dealer could get the parts. I have been in every Friday to see if the parts have come in. They are being told that they are backorder every week. I see states around Ohio getting theirs, but ours never seem to be on there way.
    No my dealer is not giving me the run-a-round.He has always bent over backwards to give me great service and good deals.
    2007 Goldwing @ Tailwind Trailer
    2010 CanAm RTS Orbital Blue

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by TOM T. View Post
    I just wish my dealer could get the parts. I have been in every Friday to see if the parts have come in. They are being told that they are backorder every week. I see states around Ohio getting theirs, but ours never seem to be on there way.
    No my dealer is not giving me the run-a-round.He has always bent over backwards to give me great service and good deals.
    I should have my dealer stock me up with the extra clutch parts they have and I send them out to those who need them and you all take them to your dealerships. Probably be quicker that way!

Spyder Garage

I was the first one in the dealer inquiring about the recall. I got the letter the same day they got the notice. When I go in, the service mgr tells me I'm number one on the list and he sees my ticket every day on his desk with 5 more under it. And he's still waiting for the washers.
    At least they are sold out of the SE5's!
    Jay on Omega Bay Texas
    Spyder RT-S PE# 536
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=715

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by scudrunner View Post
    I was the first one in the dealer inquiring about the recall. I got the letter the same day they got the notice. When I go in, the service mgr tells me I'm number one on the list and he sees my ticket every day on his desk with 5 more under it. And he's still waiting for the washers.
    At least they are sold out of the SE5's!
    Forget about the washers. I've had the clutch work done and reused to stock washers with no problems. It's easy to change the washers after the repair if you did have a leak but I'm betting you won't.

The washers are the two washers on this banjo fitting.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I couldn't agree more...forget about waiting for the washers (or O-rings) as my dealer called them; they are still new on our RT-SE5's. I'd still be waiting for my Recall Fix if it weren't for my dealer who said he had in stock the primary parts for the recall and didn't think I needed to wait for the washers. I got my Spyder out of the shop two weeks ago with a couple of fixes; the clutch fix, a minor front- end alignment adjustment of 1/16th toe-in, front shocks increased to max and my windshield cut down 3 3/4 inches so I can see over it at the lowest setting.

I don't want to make statements like "remarkable" or any thing like that, but it feels like the difference of night and day. Shifting is smoother (even though I never experienced the problems that warranted the recall), but more significantly I no longer sense the Spyder lurching back and forth just going down the road and cornering (left turns in particular) is much smoother. Last weekend's 250 mile ride around Mt Rainier and up to Paradise was pure joy!!

Spyder Garage

Forget about the washers.
    I agree, used many an o-ring over and over as long as they are smooth and round. But I don't think the dealer will go for it. They aren't very proactive. I'm not having any problems with the clutch, so I can wait.
    Jay on Omega Bay Texas
    Spyder RT-S PE# 536
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/album.php?albumid=715