Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Thumbs down Two weeks for every appointment at Honda of Tulsa

Do you all have to wait a minimum of two weeks to get your Spyders in to do anything?

I just need an XM antenna installed and am too lazy to try and take off all my front panels.

But it doesn't seem to matter whether its a major service or not. The wait is always at least two weeks just to get my bike in.

How long do you all wait to get into the dealer? welcome
    2022 RT Limited , Carbon black

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Same here. I have only one game in town. So "yes" Two weeks out, sometime more depending on what you are after.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

I usually get right in at my dealer, within a couple days and parts are almost always delivered next day or two day. It's a small shop and we are close to Quebec so that might have something to do with it.
    Happy 2009 Roadster Red SM5 Owner
    Two Brothers Dual Exhaust w/P1X Tips | Two Brothers Juice Box | KewlMetal Intake | Amber Fender Tip Lights | Fog Lights | SilverStar Headlights | Trunk Liner | 12v Acc. Plug | BRP Comfort Seat

Spyder Garage

Default One month wait in March this year

In March I had a one month wait.

Previous owner of a 2008 Spyder SM5.
    Current owner of a 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

Spyder Garage

Usually (which isn't very often) we can just take the Spyder in. Depending on what it is they may fix it while we wait or it might be a day before they get to it.

Now it may take 2 weeks to get it back (again, depending) but that's another story.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

BillGargan

I guess I am lucky here in NH. I usually call my dealer (Dasilva Motorsports)and I can get in when it works for me. I usually give them a couple of days notice. I have yet to have any emergency needs or failures. Lucky me . . .

Spyder Garage

We get right in with our dealer and he turns stuff around quickly.

Spyder Garage

Just call two weeks ahead ....

Note to self ... book appt. and sell time slot on eBay.
    Silver SM5 PE# 1274, Hindle Exhaust, Touring Windshield, Caliper Trim, B.E.S.T. 3 Year Ext, Nuvi 255 GPS, Fog Lights, Sport Rack, Back Rest, 12V Outlet, Talon 3300p Alarm, NMN Mud Flap and TipZ LEDs, SpyderLovers Emblems, Kuryakyn Widow Pegs and Axel Trim, Luimoto seat skin, Evo Air Filter and O2 Mod, Cranker Tank Bag, Blue Sea fuse block, MAD/AMS/MBG, Oddyssey battery, IPS.

Service Bulletin Applied: Gen II parking brake, 2nd SW patch, evap can/hose update, Gen II DPS

Spyder Garage

The last time I called my dealer, I was told they were 2 or 3 weeks out. This was right around July 4th. My dealer sells m/c and watercraft. They said that most of their issues in service at the time are with boats/watercraft as people were getting ready for the July 4th long weekend and wanting all their watercraft fixed or serviced.

When I have taken my stuff in earlier in the Spring or later in the fall there seems to be less wait.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Two Weeks

Quote Originally Posted by Dochands View Post
    Do you all have to wait a minimum of two weeks to get your Spyders in to do anything?

I just need an XM antenna installed and am too lazy to try and take off all my front panels.

But it doesn't seem to matter whether its a major service or not. The wait is always at least two weeks just to get my bike in.

I have great Dealer in Augusta Maine, North Country Harley Davidson. I call for a regular service and most of the time it is the next day or so. Bigger sevices (ie: 6,000 mile) it was 3 days. Had a Oil pressure sensor go bad on my privious 08 RS and it was 3 day because they did not have it and had to order it.

Spyder Garage

I've never had a problem taking mine in just a few days after calling. I go to Marina Boat Sales in Lodi, CA.
    We are a happy THREE Spyder family!
    My Rides: 2008 Quantum Blue Premier Edition Spyder GS SM5 (#1344)
    2015 Pearl White / Red Can-Am Spyder F3-S SM6
    2016 Intense Pearl Red Can-Am Spyder F3-T SE6
    2019 Chevrolet Volt (ER-EV)
    2003 Jeep Wrangler Sport X 4.0L I-6

RETIRED Owner / Event Coordinator - Annual Western Regional Can-Am Spyder Rallies
    Spyders in the Redwoods and Red Rock Spyder Rally of Southern Utah

The West Coast's Can-Am Spyder Community Ambassador
    2008 GS , ISCI Quantum Blue

Spyder Garage

My dealer takes no appointments, so you take it in whenever, after that you wait two weeks. Oil changes and the basics if you buy their service contract there is a guaranteed 24 hour turn around, so if you take it in right when they open it's done that day. Other thing, prepare to wait and without your bike.
    Everything never changes!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Why is it metric bike shop think it's ok for them to keep your bike for days if not weeks waiting for them to work on it. My bikes are inside out of the wether at home the ride now I go to stores them outside then they tell me that I can't take my bike home because they don't have all the parts in for a update it needs. When I was not disabled I rode everyday. My bike was my trans. I have had many HD's service is what you get with them in and out all the time. But I can't ride them anymore have to have auto if I like to ride. I am finding out it's not the bike you pay so much for it's the service with HD. I love my spyder rt but I hate the dealers. It is all about service with me how well the shop take care of you.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyder_RT View Post
    I love my spyder rt but I hate the dealers. It is all about service with me how well the shop take care of you.
    My dealer is driving 80 miles round trip to pick up my RT today to do some work on it. This is the third time they have done this for me. I'm very happy with my Spyder dealer, East TN ATV.

Spyder Garage

Default Two weeks for every appointment at Honda of Tulsa

Sounds like some of you are luckier than I am.

My only doubt about buying my Spyder was the half assed dealer network. Clearly this is a real issue that needs to be addressed.

My dealer sells ATV, watercraft, Honda bikes and Spyders and it's not the Spyders taking up all their time. BRP needs to know and address the second tier a lot of us are taking at these multi-dealers.
    2009 Spyder RS (non operational)
    2022 Spyder RT Limited

Spyder Garage

Default Two weeks for every appointment at Honda of Tulsa

And Lamont no offense but don't you think your fame and importance in the Spyder world helps you get better service?
    2009 Spyder RS (non operational)
    2022 Spyder RT Limited

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I wish mine can't even give me a ride home when they have to keep my bike Come pick my bike up That well be the day.
    Last edited by spyder_RT; 07-15-2010 at 09:14 AM.

Spyder Garage

And Lamont no offense but don't you think your fame and importance in the Spyder world helps you get better service?
    They do this for all their customers that need help.
    And my "fame" in the Spyder world didn't help me a bit with Alcoa Goodtimes.

Ride Forrest Ride!
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    They do this for all their customers that need help.
    And my "fame" in the Spyder world didn't help me a bit with Alcoa Goodtimes.
    I don't think anyone gets much appreciated help from Alcoa Goodtimes.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Mine has only been in for 600 and 3000 mile services. I call and make an apointment but I've been able to name the day for the apointment and the work has been done within 5 hours of taking it in. My dealer is Family Powersports in San Angelo, Texas and they have treated me very well.

I can tell you that my Spyder will NOT sit at the dealer for two weeks waiting to be worked on. Waiting on back-ordered parts might be a different story but I'll keep it at home until they can work on it the day I bring it in.

Cotton

Spyder Garage

My dealer (Lake Norman Powersports) has me bring it right in. Now, they may not be able to get to it right away, but they always ask me if I'm dropping it off or waiting. I generally assume I'll have to leave it with them for the week for something requiring parts. I now do all the regular service myself.
    WackyDan - Fun, not crazy.
    Charlotte (Matthews), NC
    Silver Moon SM5 - V35 and V46 Givis, CHAD, Motolight 35w steering lights, Dash Powerlets, Helibar risers, Garage door opener, Eastern Beaver PC-8, Digital voltmeter, Kewl Metal Intake, Evoluzione Sway Bar, RT Shocks and Juice Box PRO.
    *Mower deck in development*
    2008 model -new in crate, April 09
    26,000 miles.

Looking for other Charlotte area riders to cruise with and compare Spyders.

HAPPY SPYDER OWNER

Spyder Garage

I guess this is even more incentive to leave Oklahoma.

Very Active Member Star Cruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Lamonster View Post
    My dealer is driving 80 miles round trip to pick up my RT today to do some work on it. This is the third time they have done this for me. I'm very happy with my Spyder dealer, East TN ATV.
    I have only left my bike overnight once, for a tranny fix. All other service mostly oil changes and maintenance schedule stuff, has been while I wait. Snow City in Toronto is a great Dealer, but NO PICK UP and DELIVERY SERVICE for me. The tranny service did manage a B.E.S.T. Roadside Assistance delivery though. I think I need to move to TN.....

Spyder Garage

I call my dealer a week before and set everything up. They know that I have to wait for it and so far they have been great about getting the job done that day. But I do my best to pre-arrange and so far nothing major has happened. If you work with them and meet them half way, you get alot more done.

Having said that, I agree with a previous post that I will not let my ride sit in their shop for weeks waiting on parts. I will do all the wrenching I can and when it's beyond my capabilities It will be sent to and be safe at my place and when they get what they need we'll schedule it, get it to the shop and do the job. Now, if the thing is not rideable will the dealer come and pick it up for me and cover those costs? I have not put them to that test yet so I can't say. My guess would be "not bloody likely"! Hopefully it will never come to that. I don't have that kind of pull.
    "Life must be understood backward. But it must be lived forward."

'09 Phantom GS (#14) (Gone but not forgotten) and 2010 RS-S

Very Active Member GaryTheBadger's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Dochands, now that I've joined the Great Unemployed ranks, if you can get your Sypder over to Bentonville, AR, I'll install the antenna for you.
    Enjoying now: 2015 Spyder F3 SE6, 1970 Indian MM-5A, 1972 Suzuki RV90J Rover, 2017 Indian Chieftain (wife's)
    Wish-I-had-kept-them: 2008 Spyder GS SE-5, 1967 Shelby GT500 w/Paxton supercharger, 1972 DeTomaso Pantera, 1991, 1992 & 2001 Acura NSX's, 2012 V-Star 950 Tourer, various 2-, 3- and 4-wheelers
    2015 F3 SE6 , White - The fastest color!