Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Default If your Spyder is currently in the shop for more than 2 weeks post here

I just read the post where one of our troops has had his Spyder sitting in a shop for over 3 months waiting on parts.
    http://www.spyderlovers.com/forums/s...ad.php?t=21125

There's been way too many threads of late of folks having long down time because of backordered parts or dealers that can't seem to fix the problems. I would like to have one post where the members here can be counted as one of these owners that have had their Spyder in the shop way too long. In my book anything over two weeks is way too long and I remember BRP saying the same thing.

I would ask that those of you that are not on the list not start a debate or hijack this thread.

I want to make it easy to read and not have a bunch of junk to sift through. I will make sure that BRP see's this and that it is a real problem and maybe we can help them help us. Thanks

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

08 GS SM5 In the shop two weeks now for ECM, ETA End of July?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Angry my spyder has ben sitting in the shop for 7 weeks now!!!!!

on may 31st i took my spyder to stamford motorsports in CT. because what it seem like the clutch was slipping ... obviously this is a warranty problem... the person in charge at the shop told me they would order the parts and have them in the following week .... now everytime i call to check up on my bike, they tell me next week its gonna be ready, its been 7 weeks since i took my bike in for repairs!! im starting to feel like since its a warranty job and they have to do it for free, they keep putting my bike on the side because other people are paying to get stuff done to their bike! i feel that is totally unfair for them to do that! is there anything i can do to put theses guys at STAMFORD MOTORSPORT on blast because i want everyone to know about these guys and their lack of service

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Mine has been gone for 3 weeks now. ECM..waiting on parts. Took over 2 months to get new DPS to the dealer, luckly it was just part of the recall and didn't have to have it. No ETA provided and no call back from Carlo or reply to emails on ETA. Dealer stated this morning, still no ETA on ECM.

UPDATE: Recieved a call today, part "ECM" has been shipped from BRP. Guess we will see next week if I get it back.
    Update: Picked up the bike with new DPS ane ECM from shop on 7/21/10. Total time in shop was 3.4 weeks.
    Last edited by patches; 07-22-2010 at 10:59 AM. Reason: Update

Very Happy Owner

Spyder Garage

1- Mine picked up 24 June! 09SE5
    Starts- runs - will click into gear but not move- E fault-Transmission.
    2- Called 1 July (1 week later) Had not looked at it YET!
    3- Called 8 July (2nd week later) Having trouble getting a hold of BRP tech-Kept him on hold for 45 minutes.
    4- Called 15 July and Most parts are in- Could be ready Tueday 20 July (I Hope!)
    5- Back in service 3 August 2010-
    I never want to break down 10 days before the 4th of July AGAIN in my lifetime!!!
    Last edited by Sarge707; 08-05-2010 at 11:25 AM.

2015 F3 sm6, Custom Dynamics fender lights.

Sea Doo GTI-SE 90 Jet Ski!!

Spyder Garage

Currently in the Shop since first week in June.
    Finally had some progress last week when service dept. called to say that BRP thinks I need a new DESS.

Haven't heard an update this week yet.

Thanks for your assistance Lamont.
    I appreciate Carlo's help as well.
    Happier Spyder Owner

Fairly happy 08 YELLOW SE5

Spyder Garage

6 weeks for me. Excess belt tension caused bearings to fail and heat eventually caused oil pump to explode.... Need new case, and many new internals. "CHANGE YOUR BELT TENSION TO THE NEW SPEC"

Took 1 week before dealership could look at it. Took 2 weeks to get parts in. Only person in shop that could work on it went on vacation for a week. He came back and found that BRP shipped wrong bearings in the correct packaging. Overnighting parts as soon as they find them to continue.

Spyder Garage

Mine has been sitting in the shop since the First week in April. My wife has been doing all the phone call to the dealer, since I am out of the country. Hell they havent even told me what the actuall problem is.. I told them it a DPS issue..But what can you can, but fix it. Bad part is my warrenty expires next month...

Spyder Garage

I do have my scooter but a DPS has been backordered for me since June 29th. Is my post out of the scope you want to see here?
    Longlegs rides again.

Spyder Garage

Third week , waiting for ECM

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Since June 9th for me. Dealer has been good but waiting for parts from can am is causing All the hold up. Hoping to have it back this week. My spyder has been in the shop for a total of 12 weeks since owning June 1st 2009. I have tried 3 dealers all being over 70 miles from me and it's always the same situation.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

whats going on with all these back orders?? im making monthly payments on this thing and havent drove it at all this season!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Thanks Lamont

Mine broke down on March 24. Took a month to get it into the shop. Finally got it out on July 7th. Rode it for two days then back into the shop on July 10th. Emailed Carlo on July 10th... but no response from him yet.
    Thanks Lamont.

Previous owner of a 2008 Spyder SM5.
    Current owner of a 2007 Yamaha Royal Star Venture

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

I've been waiting since 1 June 2010 for a rear shock and air compressor parts. This is the second time this has happend since I got the Bike in the middle of May 2010. All though I am still riding my bike I would love to know how is really suppose to ride. Tired of riding a pogo stick

Spyder Garage

Angry 54 days

Purchased RT Audio/Convenience SE5 on May 15. Towed it back to the dealer May 19 for oil leak. Got it back into my garage July 10. Took 54 days to replace a clutch cover gasket. That's probably a record for such a simple job. Service folks told me the same day that the airbag is worthless. Parts on backorder, and more downtime while that is being repaired. The dealer fell down on this job. But BRP also fell down by not pressuring the dealer. Two BRP cusomer service reps were completely ineffective. It's difficult to predict a happy future with this machine...

Spyder Garage

09 se5 3 weeks for parts to fix clutch (finally got them yesterday!)

She's been ryding it the whole time, not sure if that's what you're looking for here.
    tHe SmOkEr YoU dRiNk ThE pLaYeR yOu GeT!

Spyder Garage

I think that people shouldn't be making there payments(prorated) for the time that its in the shop. Then they 'll listen with no money coming in.
    2008 SM5, F1 EvoIII slide, Hindle, Race Air Flow System, O2 Delete, Fuel Pressure Modfier, Powerbus System, BRP 6 Spoke, 12V power supply x2, 1" Handel Bar Riser, CompuStar Alarm System w/pager, Mono Seat Cover, Brake Caliper Trim, Trunk Liner, Outdoor Cover, Carbon Fiber SM5 Handelbar Inserts, Carbon Fiber Tank Knee Pads, TBR Juice Box.

Spyder Garage

Once again.
    I would ask that those of you that are not on the list not start a debate or hijack this thread.

Spyder Garage

Spydee isn't in the shop, but we have major back order issues. Ordered a new temp. Sensora new frunk in th e middle of March. Still getting the run around on when they will be in. Feel lucky I'm not waiting on somthing more serious.
    Joy
    Very Happy Ryder...
    '09 Phantom and a '15 F3-S

If you don't slow down, they can't catch you..
    ​If you don't give up, they can't win.
    What a long strange journey its been.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default in shop more than 2 weeks

I purchased my spyder in June 2009. I am a disabled vet (37) years, and needed a bike with 3 wheels and an automatic (SE5). I studied the Can-Am for 6 months and went into the dealer with my specs. After I ordered and payed cash for it I they found out you could'nt get a Spyder with every option available on a Phantom. It ended up that they put 2 bikes together (Red & Black). My registration say's my Phantom is red. After paying 30 grand + my bike's electrical system started continiously dieing. 1 week. Then it started backfiring on the downshift. 2 weeks. New exhaust system. Same problem, back to Hindle. Electrical problems again,another week. Wife takes bike on trip over 50 miles. Phone call at 8 in the morning, bike is DOA and in limp home mode half way there. 3 weeks in shop. After spending over 12 weeks in I call and find out the dealership permanently closed with my bike locked in. Got it back, same problem over 50 miles, (Vss Fault, DPS problem,check engine and skid possibility and limp home mode 45 mph.) Took trip to Florida and trailered the bike to a large dealership that took care of all the updates and recalls and they told us the Dps needed to be replaced. WE weren't there long enough for them to get the box in and headed back home,after I sold 2 bikes for them while I was in the showroom waiting. We got home found a dealership in Georgia 50 miles away and it spent a week there and while they were delivering it it broke down, 11 weeks there. Bringing it back it broke down, 12 more weeks,( the mechanic told me he had finished the 6 other bikes ahead of me and could now work on mine. I called that afternoon and he had quit. I talked to my neighbor across the street that I had talked into buying one and he was having major problems with his steering, and we decided to use a dealership in SC that is 70 miles away. They've tried to fix the problem and told me it was fixed but we had to go pick it up. It made it 45 miles and then backfired, quit ,went into limp home mode. 4 hours later at about midnight I finally made it home. It's done the same thing 2 more times and stranded my wife and I out 40 to 50 miles out. My wife won't even consider riding on it. Carlo won't return my calls any more, and the shop say's they won't do anything until he decides what to do. The bike has spent over 40 weeks int the shop over the first year. It has 2987 miles on it and over 1000 miles have been put on it by the repair shops. this last time the shop was enough to deliver it back by trailer. As he was backing it off the trailer it literraly fell off the trailer as I was watching. You guessed it. I made it to the gas station and with the usual crowd that it gathers,went to drive off into the dust, and that was exactly where it left me. at the pump,deader than a door knob.With the help of the crowd we pushed it over to the parking spot. I called the dealership, explained what happened and was promptly told that "IT RAN FINE WHEN IT LEFT HERE! I wastold the mechanic was standing next to him and to try the fuse box under the seat. As I saw the spark run across the battery to the fuse box (through my index finger!!!) and all the bystanders remarking as to how I lit up like a neon sign, one of the bystanders was talking into my mobile phone describing it all to the shop manager like a news reporter. Needless to say IT'S A LITTLE EMBARRASSING. I'm getting quite the reputation around my little town.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydrn View Post
    Mine has been sitting in the shop since the First week in April. My wife has been doing all the phone call to the dealer, since I am out of the country. Hell they havent even told me what the actuall problem is.. I told them it a DPS issue..But what can you can, but fix it. Bad part is my warrenty expires next month...

Does anyone know if the bike is in the shop before the warrenty expires and is still in the shop after the warrenty expires, is it still covered?

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spydrn View Post
    Does anyone know if the bike is in the shop before the warrenty expires and is still in the shop after the warrenty expires, is it still covered?
    You should be fine AS LONG AS you have written, documented proof from servicing dealer as to the issue, and the dates first addressed. My experience has always been with vehicles..had 1 issue that was serviced under warranty over a year after first addressed...

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

Add another week to my first post [3 weeks now] ECM.
    I bought a new Kawasaki 650 Wednesday so at least i have something to ride.

Spyder Garage

Red face Just adding to the list...

Clearest way to say it... 64 days we waited for parts... 64.... So not to clutter up this thread I will just leave a link to my thread (Link) And to be clear.. These are 64 days of the bike potential shop time waiting... They allowed me to take the bike home so I could at least have it here and put on my accessories. But our bike spent over 30 days in their shop as they ordered parts, parts had been faulty or not complete... We got upset and brought the bike home...

That link is all about BRP's lack of response of any kind for over 21 days... And a bike with to many issues... The time it took for them to acknowledge any issues, and "Back-order" lingo is really the core issue. Not that there had been any parts needing repair. That happens.

Not only that, but we actually had a few other issues that we felt are picky and have not addressed with them...

• No sound from the GPS in our headsets
    • No power to the GPS when mounted n the GPS mount
    • LCD Dash-panel is now defective (Link)
    • VERY squeaky brakes
    • Rear Luggage rack has to be Forcefully closed (Tried other RT's, they do not need anywhere near the same force)
    • Both rear brake lights have lost the three most center LED's... They do not light up anymore when applying the brake (I believe they do not light up in "Running mode as a normal function, but do when Brake is applied)

Anyway.... We are being well taken care of now that BRP has responded, and we could not be any happier with the way they have handled themselves... I only added the above info as an FYI and I am sure we would have had even more shop time in the end...
    Last edited by IWN2RYD; 07-18-2010 at 12:10 PM.
    BlUe SpYder RT-S SE5 #303I don't suffer from insanity; I enjoy every minute of it ... Proud Member of A.S.S. (Average Senile Spyderryder)

Our 2010 RT-S Mods... *Warning* If you can read this, it is already too late and there is no known cure. You have Spydervirus.

Doru the Destroyer-Spyder Photo Investigator docdoru's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

4 weeks as of yesterday for failed DPS #2. Spyder IS NOT in the service: who need a DPS to enjoy the ryde?!?
    2013 "Silver Dream" GG Taurus
    2008 "Silver Dream" Spyder RS
    Einstein's theory of drag racing: Time and Speed are Relative.
    Shut up and Race!