Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Pilo View Post
    Thanks for the clarification BJT.

Being totally ignorant in electronics, I dare to ask (to enlighten my knowledge...): How does it keep the data without a power supply when unplugged...?

Saludos, Pilo
    Some chips are able to hold their memory without power on. It's in the design of the chips. It's exactly the same as those flash drives (also called thumb drives) that have become so popular. There is no power on those unless they are plugged into the USB port but they can hold data for years. Wiki page on flash drives.
    Last edited by bjt; 07-15-2010 at 08:17 AM.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MoonChaser213 View Post
    One step forward, two steps back. I'm back to fighting with them. Waiting to make contact with BRP.......and moving up the ladder at Ride NOw. The manager that said he would get me running, now wants me to pay a Discounteed price for a cluster. They can't seem to let me go without getting some money from me. I'm still standing my ground and my spyder is sitting at RideNow in limbo. I'll start calling BRP again at 8;25
    Let us know what happens next. At this point it seems fairly safe to say that once Ride Now fixes this problem they will never see your Spyder again.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Click here to see My Spyder Mods

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Right now I am in limbo. My Spyder is there but they are not doing anything. They told me that they talked to brp and that brp would not offer any help concerning the cluster. But since they cared so much for my satisfaction they would offer a discounted price of 250 for a cluster. I called brp since then and opened a case, there wasn't already one opened. Imagine that!!!! But brp must know what Ridenow has done. I can't even get them to contact me ,much less brp. Guess I'll go sit there today since a telephone will not work.

Spyder Garage

Right now I am in limbo. My Spyder is there but they are not doing anything. They told me that they talked to brp and that brp would not offer any help concerning the cluster. But since they cared so much for my satisfaction they would offer a discounted price of 250 for a cluster. I called brp since then and opened a case, there wasn't already one opened. Imagine that!!!! But brp must know what Ridenow has done. I can't even get them to contact me ,much less brp. Guess I'll go sit there today since a telephone will not work.
    Wow, they are really digging themselves a deeper hole with this entire situation. I just saw a cluster on EBay the other day for $150 I think, but that is not the point. They screwed up and they need to make it right.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Spyder Garage

Have they explained to you how;

1- The cluster was working fine when you brought it in
    2- The cluster cannot work fine if a pin is bent
    3- The cluster suddenly developed a bent pin
    4- They discovered the pin was bent
    5- It is that they didn't bother to tell you there was a problem with the cluster

You may be able to pay for the repair (under documented protest) and take them to Small Claims court to get your money back.
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    The data is stored on the cluster so if you remove and reinstall your cluster, the data is still there (minus the time). If you remove your cluster and install a different one, like Moonchaser was saying, your actual data will be gone and whatever is on the replacement cluster (most likely zeros in hours, miles) will be there.
    The miles/km's are stored in the cluster but the hours are stored in ECM. So if you replace the cluster the miles will be zero but the hours will be the same.
    Premeir Edition #59

SoCal

Spyder Garage

I thought you already had a replacement cluster.

God's Country, Keystone Heights, FL "Happy Owner"
    Spyder Garage

The chip(s) in the cluster that store the data maybe movable just like IC chips or processor chips. Has anyone checked a failed system to see if it has Rom and Ram chips that can be unplugged? Ken krb1945
    Ken krb1945 "Happy Owner"
    USN DAV 100% 'er
    Proud grandfather of a former United States Marine
    1 2008 SM5 PE 548
    1 2008 SM5, 1 2009 SE5
    2008 GL1800

Spyder Garage

I thought you already had a replacement cluster.
    I think he said the dealer was going to replace it (so he 'Had' one) but now they are going back on that and they want him to fork up some money to make it happen.

Sounds like a little Bait & Switch coupled with the Carrot & Stick routine.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default RideNow should be RideNot

Moonchaser, remember me telling you not to go to RideNow???

These are the same ones who intentionally sold me a new??? RTS that had been used as a demo without telling me it had 200 miles on it. They knew the transmission was bad from those demos and still sold it to me knowing it would fail...2 miles from the dealer it blew the trans; BUT here is the real reason why they dumped it on me...if demos tore up the trans it was their dime, but if they told BRP a new customer tore it up at 200 miles then BRP would pay the fix.
    I look the other way when I go past that place even in my car; I cancelled all my warranties through them and now have a better warranty with another dealer. Oh, did I mention that I had to pay $155 tow to return their blown transmission to them?

(●̮̮̃•̃)=/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ٩๏̯͡๏۶

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

bjt, you get a bunny stamp for paying attention. Yes , I ordered a new cluster from a dealer in Sanford when I was told I needed a new cluster. I un-ordered the cluster from Sanford , had to pay a restock fee, but I decided NOT to back down from Ride Now. I knew what was happening was just WRONG on so many levels..... As of right now...BRP has come to my rescue with a new cluster. I will acknowledge them in a new thread when my spyder is actually running properly. I only will have to pay 45.00 for labor to put it in. I wanted to argue about that too, but decided to "throw in my cards and pull out" while I was ahead. Of course Ride Now wants the credit for BRP's generosity....but we all know who the thanks really goes to. ...All of my cyber-spyder friends. I love you guys.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Good luck

If you need some backup with your complaints to BRP, give them my phone number and my wife will torch their ears about RideNot.
    They didnt want to refund my service warranty until I mentioned the States Attorney, so you might drop that line on them and see if Lyle the general mgr will drop the $45 charge.
    Also, RideNow Corporate office is in Arizona, wife may have their #

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    I think he said the dealer was going to replace it (so he 'Had' one) but now they are going back on that and they want him to fork up some money to make it happen.
    bjt, you get a bunny stamp for paying attention. Yes , I ordered a new cluster from a dealer in Sanford when I was told I needed a new cluster. I un-ordered the cluster from Sanford , had to pay a restock fee, ...

See Ron, I do know what I'm talking about.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

We use Seminole powersports in Sanford and they have been great. Have had no problems with our Spyder They did all the recalls and updates even called us to tell us about them.

Spyder Garage

See Ron, I do know what I'm talking about.
    You are always right! I don't know why I try to mess with perfection! I humbly implore your forgiveness for ever intertaining the notion!

And next time I'll read the post before I say anything!

Spyder Garage

Recon are you stell on here jc

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    You are always right! I don't know why I try to mess with perfection! I humbly implore your forgiveness for ever intertaining the notion!

And next time I'll read the post before I say anything!
    I thought Lamonster was the one who was always right....

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Recon, lets get the spyderlovers in this area together and open a BRP dealership. We know what it takes to run a successful business. I want to be in charge of the parties. Someone else has to be in charge of fixin mechanics. but we could make a party out of that too. LOL

Spyder Garage

Recon, lets get the spyderlovers in this area together and open a BRP dealership. We know what it takes to run a successful business. I want to be in charge of the parties. Someone else has to be in charge of fixin mechanics. but we could make a party out of that too. LOL
    That actually doesn't sound like too bad of an idea to me at this point either. If nothing else at least my Spyder would be taken care of.
    Very Happy Spyder Ryder!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default OK SpyderWolf,

We need to start a new thread about this so everyone interested can find it. I think it's a great idea. We need money, real estate on 441 centrally located. Between Ocala and Gainesville would be nice. A dealership, someone in charge of getting a mechanics team together, a sales team that says hello when someone walks in the door. Need someone to do accounting, ...Did I mention money?......My job would be to keep everybody HAPPY. , To smooze the forems ---make sure everyone knows about us, organize rydes and benefits. This COULD be done.....does anyone want to come out of retirement? Maybe...if the job came from the heart the whole dealership could be run by SpyderLovers.

Spyder Garage

Yep, you need a minimum of 5 million dollars if you want to start a decent shop and sales... If you try to start it with just a Million you will not survive in todays economy. You not only want Spyders but you also want Honda and possibly one other make. Then you can get the parts to meld some of Honda's better systems into the Spyder. And keep in mind you cannot have more than 49 employees due to upcoming taxes and free medical birth to death taxes. Ken krb1945
    USN DAV 100% 'er
    1 2008 SM5 PE 548
    1 2008 SM5, 1 2009 SE5
    2008 GL1800

Spyderless Member
    Spyder Garage

We need to start a new thread about this so everyone interested can find it. I think it's a great idea. We need money, real estate on 441 centrally located. Between Ocala and Gainesville would be nice. A dealership, someone in charge of getting a mechanics team together, a sales team that says hello when someone walks in the door. Need someone to do accounting, ...Did I mention money?......My job would be to keep everybody HAPPY. , To smooze the forems ---make sure everyone knows about us, organize rydes and benefits. This COULD be done.....does anyone want to come out of retirement? Maybe...if the job came from the heart the whole dealership could be run by SpyderLovers.

You might have your heart in it, But how long before that Hart breaks, after your costumers come in with a broken Spyder and you have to tell them = Parts On Back Order come back in a few weeks or so.
    ECM,OBO, Going into the 3th. week.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Default Hi Ken

True, it would take millions. I'm the PR person, what job position would you like in this dream dealership? We need to sale jet skis, and boat motors maybe. Evenrue.
    greetings
    boborgera. In my dream dealership, the parts manager would have a working relationship with the distributer of parts. he would know how to get parts the quickest to make your down time mineable. When ordering , he would ask how many were available and take notes in case the problem comes up again. He would be ahead of the problem. My parts manager would call you daily with updates so you never felt forgotten. My dealership also would never leave your Spyder out in the weather. Your parts would be tracked by computer to make sure they don't wander off. IF, boboregera for some reason your spyder was down for awhile due to parts, no worries because you would be riding around on my loaner ( with the company logo on it of course) . Have a great day!!!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Recon View Post
    Moonchaser, remember me telling you not to go to RideNow???

These are the same ones who intentionally sold me a new??? RTS that had been used as a demo without telling me it had 200 miles on it. They knew the transmission was bad from those demos and still sold it to me knowing it would fail...2 miles from the dealer it blew the trans; BUT here is the real reason why they dumped it on me...if demos tore up the trans it was their dime, but if they told BRP a new customer tore it up at 200 miles then BRP would pay the fix.
    I look the other way when I go past that place even in my car; I cancelled all my warranties through them and now have a better warranty with another dealer. Oh, did I mention that I had to pay $155 tow to return their blown transmission to them?

(●̮̮̃•̃)=/̵͇̿̿/'̿̿ ̿ ̿ ̿ ٩๏̯͡๏۶
    I think both of you need to file complaints here: http://myfloridalegal.com/pages.nsf/...256CD1005EE5C5
    Those complaints leave a good paper trail with the attorney general's office.. might help other folks out in the future. If two or three owners have had problems here on this forum.. imagine how many other complaints there are out there. .02

Spyder Garage

If your talking about filing a complaint with the FL AG Bill McCullum don't waste your time. He lets companies like this one, direct tv and others police themselves when they have customer compliants. I have first hand knowledge of this. To put it bluntly the FL AG wants the fox to guard the hen house. Ken krb1945
    USN DAV 100% 'er
    1 2008 SM5 PE 548
    1 2008 SM5, 1 2009 SE5
    2008 GL1800