Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
    God's Country, Keystone Heights, FL "Happy Owner"
    Spyder Garage

Although I ride two wheels too... I really like the fact that I don't have to put my foot down when stopped.

Now if they will just allow the rider to have control of the machine and not the "nanny" it will be a near perfect machine and when they put a boxer 6 in it they will have achieved perfection. It will have the right power, torque and smoothness. Ken krb1945

PS: I wish I lived near one of the master mechanics... we could have a ball with my black spyder installing a 1500 /6 and shaft drive. Oh well... I guess I can dream.
    Ken krb1945 "Happy Owner"
    USN DAV 100% 'er
    Proud grandfather of a former United States Marine
    1 2008 SM5 PE 548
    1 2008 SM5, 1 2009 SE5
    2008 GL1800

Spyder Garage

Nancy's Spyder GS:
    What I appreciate most is that I no longer have to ride with her two-up on my two-wheelers.

My Spyder RTS:
    What I appreciate most is that we can ride two-up again, with me getting nervous or complaining.
    Last edited by NancysToy; 07-12-2010 at 08:24 PM.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Smylinacha View Post
    Reverse
    LOL....I'd have to agree with most of what everybody else has mentioned, but Smylinacha's "reverse" comment is the one I'd vote for!!

Glynnk
    Happy 10 RT-SPE owner!!

Spyder Garage

Yesterday the girlfriend and I went to Beaver Lake Nature Center to get in a 3 mile walk. Came back to the parking lot and there was a 4 year old boy looking at the spyder. Asked him if he would like to sit on it and he smiled from ear to ear until his mother took him off. He went home with a couple of pictures of himself sitting in the drivers position, We went home smiling because of how he loved getting on the spyder.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by grumpybob View Post
    Yesterday the girlfriend and I went to Beaver Lake Nature Center to get in a 3 mile walk. Came back to the parking lot and there was a 4 year old boy looking at the spyder. Asked him if he would like to sit on it and he smiled from ear to ear until his mother took him off. He went home with a couple of pictures of himself sitting in the drivers position, We went home smiling because of how he loved getting on the spyder.
    I've done the same thing...Priceless!
    Shop Ph: 423-609-7588 (M-F, 8-5, Eastern Time)

Only SLOW people have to leave on time...

Spyder Garage

Default 20% more "ride"

With all the little extras of stability, wheelbase and so on - when I ride the Spyder I find I can pay about 20% more attention to the world that I am riding in - not just the next 800 feet in front of me. I am really surprised how big a difference that extra 20% makes.

Plus, I have found that I really like the feel it delivers - like being strapped to the hood of a high performance sports car.

Tom
    2008 GS SE5 -> 2013 STS SE5 -> 2015 F3-S SE6 . . . Still riding & smiling.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Tom in NM View Post
    With all the little extras of stability, wheelbase and so on - when I ride the Spyder I find I can pay about 20% more attention to the world that I am riding in - not just the next 800 feet in front of me. I am really surprised how big a difference that extra 20% makes.

Plus, I have found that I really like the feel it delivers - like being strapped to the hood of a high performance sports car.

Tom
    Though you have to refrain from letting it get out of hand, you do tend to see a lot more scenery riding the Spyder than you do on 2 or even 4 wheels. You can look around more while driving a car for the same reasons but it is amazing how limited your view is compared to the wide open Spyder. And you feel like more a part of the experience then when in a car.

I've ridden with a few 2 wheeled riders through the mountains and at the other end I ask, did you see this, did you see that? The answer is almost always, NO! I was too busy watching the road! (Like, 'Are you crazy?' 'Were you actually looking around in those turns?')

Good point!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    You can look around more while driving a car for the same reasons but it is amazing how limited your view is compared to the wide open Spyder. And you feel like more a part of the experience then when in a car.
    Especially in a 1/2 or 3/4 helmet.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    What are these 'helmet' things you speak of?

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by bjt View Post
    Oh! Now we're getting personal! I can see out of my Full Face just fine!

Let's see now....Where's my travel list....
    Trailer - Check!
    Claw Hamer - Check!

Ready to go!

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Baja, I cant put my finger on just one thing I like most. So I'll say I like the whole package.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by canam9 View Post
    Baja, I cant put my finger on just one thing I like most. So I'll say I like the whole package.
    That's cheating!! (I think...)

Spyder Garage

Goes fast, and won't fall down!

I LOVE my

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MoonChaser213 View Post
    My favorite thing is THE RYDE, not the machine so much but the experience
    its the " Ryde " that defines the 1 thing

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by 2spyders View Post
    Goes fast, and won't fall down!
    By your Avatar....Looks like it walks on water too!

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

I've had my RT-S for four weeks now after having been taken off my two wheels by my doctor. Saturday I will be visiting a 100% Harley club house. I'm wondering how well I will be received. Hope I don't get a beating. I love the feel, the handling, the looks and the fact that my wife is excited about it. She never did like the idea of me on my bike. In the short time I have had it she and I have had a real blast.
    Les

pitbull

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytime View Post
    I've had my RT-S for four weeks now after having been taken off my two wheels by my doctor. Saturday I will be visiting a 100% Harley club house. I'm wondering how well I will be received. Hope I don't get a beating. I love the feel, the handling, the looks and the fact that my wife is excited about it. She never did like the idea of me on my bike. In the short time I have had it she and I have had a real blast.
    Les
    The classic arms crossed....a few stares.....then this thing is cool, how do you like it and so on forth....you'll be fine Harley has the most spyders in them of any group. Its not a jap bike. Know worries, I ryde both, and so have you now.

Spyder Garage

I'm really glad this thread is still going. Something happened to me yesterday. It was something of an epihany (sorry if it is spelled incorrectly) but it is kind of important. It's a soul-feeding spiritual thing!

Yesterday I left work early with full intent on getting home to watch the All-Star game. But that is not what happened. I got on my Spyder and realized that the weather was just perfect. And it was clear that I wasn't going home. I began to think about my route and a plan began to form.

It started with a semi-commute freeway run. I then exited the freeway and did some of the most aggressive and blood-curddling mountain riding I have done to date. The sway bar was workin, man, and the rush was off the scale!

Then I hit the ocean. It was so amazing that I completely changed my mindset; Speed, cornering, adreninlin rush no longer mattered. I had just been there; it was time to cruise.

I did a 200 mile cruise down and then back up the coast that completely changed my experience and gave me a whole new perspective of what the Spyder experience and riding in general was all about. I was suddenly just putting at 65 and gazing at the the cliffs and the ocean and everything around me. I was smelling the roses, and it was sweet.

So in the end, my answer is still the ride; but as you can tell, this ride was very, very different. I anxiously look forward to the next. You just never know what can happen. You might just end up smelling some roses along the way.
    Last edited by Raptor; 07-15-2010 at 01:13 AM.
    "Life must be understood backward. But it must be lived forward."

'09 Phantom GS (#14) (Gone but not forgotten) and 2010 RS-S

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Rockytime View Post
    Les
    Just ride up and park like you own the place and nothing is out of the ordinary. Don't expect any reaction at all. That takes the pressure off and puts the ball in their court.

I hope you are pleasantly surprised.

Oh, and don't point out all the advantages over 2 wheels. If they ask, just show it to them like it's no big deal. They'll figure it out.

Good Luck! Let us know how it goes!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by Raptor View Post
    I'm really glad this thread is still going. Something happened to me yesterday. It was something of an epihany (sorry if it is spelled incorrectly) but it is kind of important. It's a soul-feeding spiritual thing!

Yesterday I left work early with full intent on getting home to watch the All-Star game. But that is not what happened. I got on my Spyder and realized that the weather was just perfect. And it was clear that I wasn't going home. I began to think about my route and a plan began to form.

It started with a semi-commute freeway run. I then exited the freeway and did some of the most aggressive and blood-curddling mountain riding I have done to date. The sway bar was workin, man, and the rush was off the scale!

Then I hit the ocean. It was so amazing that I completely changed my mindset; Speed, cornering, adreninlin rush no longer mattered. I had just been there; it was time to cruise.

I did a 200 mile cruise down and then back up the coast that completely changed my experience and gave me a whole new perspective of what the Spyder experience and riding in general was all about. I was suddenly just putting at 65 and gazing at the the cliffs and the ocean and everything around me. I was smelling the roses, and it was sweet.

So in the end, my answer is still the ride; but as you can tell, this ride was very, very different. I anxiously look forward to the next. You just never know what can happen. You might just end up smelling some roses along the way.
    You put it very well! Sounds like a great ride and a great day! It will last you much longer than the game would have.

Where is Millbrae anyway? Spent my whole life in California and can't say that I ever heard of it.

Spyder Garage

I'm really glad this thread is still going....
    I am surprised that this thread has lasted so long. This is an active forum and very few threads have long legs because of that.

It is really great to hear about all the good stuff surrounding the Spyder and those that experience it.

Makes me want to get out there and RIDE!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BajaRon View Post
    You put it very well! Sounds like a great ride and a great day! It will last you much longer than the game would have.

Where is Millbrae anyway? Spent my whole life in California and can't say that I ever heard of it.
    Howzit, Baja!! -

Millbrae is a little City that is 13 miles South of San Francisco on the penisula near SFO Airport. We are right in the middle of hiways 101 and 280, just a quick hop over to the coast and not far from Crystal Springs Reservoir. It's actually a great spot for us riders because almost any kind of riding you wish to do is right there at your finger tips!
    "Life must be understood backward. But it must be lived forward."

'09 Phantom GS (#14) (Gone but not forgotten) and 2010 RS-S

Spyder Garage

Howzit, Baja!! -

Millbrae is a little City that is 13 miles South of San Francisco on the penisula near SFO Airport. We are right in the middle of hiways 101 and 280, just a quick hop over to the coast and not far from Crystal Springs Reservoir. It's actually a great spot for us riders because almost any kind of riding you wish to do is right there at your finger tips!
    Good to know - we're going to be in SF next month & we were just saying that we should rent an RT and do a little riding while we are there.

I LOVE my

A positive attitude may not solve all your problems, but it will annoy enough people to make it worth the effort.

Spyder Garage

Howzit, Baja!! -

Ok, well, I don't feel so bad then. California is a big place and there are a lot of places I've not been (or been but don't remember). Nice area to ride though.

Very Active Member Star Cruiser's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Default SE5

I LOVE the SE5 shifter.