Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Can-Am luggage

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by CanAnn View Post
    Went to Sears with my husband to buy a torque wrench to complete adding a handlebar riser on the RS. I spotted these Craftsman canvas "tool" bags on sale for $6.99. I bought 2 for my RT. I might even use one as a real tool bag.

Picked up two of them today. Should fulfill my needs perfectly. Price goes back up to $9.99 after today. Thanks.

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by stillriding View Post
    Picked up two of them today. Should fulfill my needs perfectly. Price goes back up to $9.99 after today. Thanks.

I'm glad to see that there is someone as frugal as me on the forum!
    2017 F3T-SM6 Squared Away Mirror Wedgies & Alignment
    2014 RTS-SM6 123,600 miles Sold 11/2017
    2014 RTL-SE6 8,600 miles
    2011 RTS-SM5 5,000 miles
    2013 RTS-SM5 burned up with 13,200 miles in 13 weeks
    2010 RTS-SM5 59,148 miles
    2010 RT- 622

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by icestorm1998 View Post
    No problem.. Not sure where you saw I had an 09 Spyder.. it should have shown that I had an 08 RS... traded that in back in December and bought a 2010 RTS. Anyway, I got the soft bags from my dealer for $50. plus tax.. They've got the CanAm logo and fit nicely. I've attached a quick pic of them .. I can't find my slip for the stock number cause my time is running short as I'm headed out on a 2500 mile spyder trip with a sucky rear suspension.
    are these can am RT bags? I cant find them anywhere on the canam site or the acc brochure!

do you know the can am part number?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Size of bags

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderAnn01 View Post
    Went to Sears with my husband to buy a torque wrench to complete adding a handlebar riser on the RS. I spotted these Craftsman canvas "tool" bags on sale for $6.99. I bought 2 for my RT. I might even use one as a real tool bag.

SpyderAnn01, can you tell me the size of the bags? You are my kind of person, looking for value and durability. Thanks. We have just bought our Spyder less than
    3 months ago and we still have a lot to get to be ready for the fall. We are planning an overnight trip and while we do have a basic duffle bag, we don't have something
    like you pictured. Thanks.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Red face Luggage

Welcome to the group. You might look on ebay for different styles of luggage. They do have some soft sided for sale. Look under "Can Am Spyder."

Very Active Member
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by spyderjo333 View Post
    SpyderAnn01, can you tell me the size of the bags? You are my kind of person, looking for value and durability. Thanks. We have just bought our Spyder less than
    3 months ago and we still have a lot to get to be ready for the fall. We are planning an overnight trip and while we do have a basic duffle bag, we don't have something
    like you pictured. Thanks.
    i have these on my rt-s. They are better then brp brand
    http://www.amazon.com/Bestem-LGCA-RT...+liners+can+am

Spyder Garage

I received a full set of BRP luggage with my 2013 RTL. The only one I ever use is the large one with the wheels that fits in the frunk. It fits perfectly taking up all the space in there. It'll hold a lot of clothes and I use it on every trip. The other three have been delegated to the attic over my garage. However the one for the trunk can be handy on a trip because it only takes up the top half of the trunk, leaving the bottom half for "normal trunk stuff". I may use that one too when I go to Spyderquest.
    Last edited by robmorg; 08-07-2015 at 07:59 PM.
    Rob
    2013 RT Limited
    My "Mods & Farkles" Link
    May ALL your roads be beautiful
    Greisemer's Mill Bridge, Oley, PA
    2013 RT Limited , Lava Bronze with Antler Brown Seat

Spyder Garage

I purchased a set of five soft sided Hopnel bags from Big Bike Parts, $104.75, for five bags, frunk, L&R saddlebags and two for the rear trunk. The rear trunk bags are two to match the interior of the trunk. No frills, just good quality canvas, more than enough room for me for Spyderfest.
    Artillery lends dignity to what would
    otherwise be a vulgar brawl.
    Cognac 2014 RT-S

Spyder Garage

Default How do you pack?

Quote Originally Posted by fastfraser View Post
    welcome Anything that says BRP is expensive, except this post.
    I do NOT have the luggage but did get to inspect full set for sell & yes it fits snugly in compartments looks nice & for people that "need" a bag with weels I say it must work. Personaly my saddlebags come off my STL & I max frunk out the luggage would hamper my ability to carry my drinks so not good for me. On a RT you have a rear trunk I do not. May be perfect here are pics of what I saw if it helps

(wow 2/3 pic posted upright!!)
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Bfromla; 08-07-2015 at 11:30 PM. Reason: Pic comment
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Spyder Garage

Sure miss Scotty...
    Mark & Mary Lou Lawson
    Snellville, GA USA
    '10 RT-S PE #0031
    '10 RT-622 Trailer
    '08 Yellow SM5 #2332
    '01 Black GL1800A Goldwing #0930

"Remember in the darkness what you have learned in the light." - Joe Bayly

Spyder Garage

Default Hopnel luggage

Quote Originally Posted by JayBros View Post
    I purchased a set of five soft sided Hopnel bags from Big Bike Parts, $104.75, for five bags, frunk, L&R saddlebags and two for the rear trunk. The rear trunk bags are two to match the interior of the trunk. No frills, just good quality canvas, more than enough room for me for Spyderfest.

Like others, I wanted the complete set of BRP bags for my RT but thought they were too expensive. I really like the front roller bag that came with my RT and have used it a couple times on overnight trips. I recently purchased the five soft sided Hopnel bags from Big Bike Parts and am pleased with how they fit into the compartments. I am looking forward to putting them to use when I go on a 3,000 road mile trip with some friends. It is going to be interesting being the only Spyder in the group. Most of the other riders will be their 2-wheel HDs and one or two others will be on their HD Tri-Glides.
    2014 Spyder RT Limited SE6
    BRP Tri Axis Adjustable Handlebars
    BRP Adjustable Wind Deflectors
    BRP RT Passenger Armrest
    BRP Driver's Backrest
    BRP Travel Cover
    Baja Ron Swaybar
    SpyderPops KOTTS
    SpyderPops Bump Skid
    Lamonster NVB Highway Brackets w/ Gripper Pegs
    Lamonster LED Headlights & Fog Lights
    Custom Dynamics HMT Brake Light
    Show Chrome 7.5 inch Spiral Antenna
    SpyderFlap Mud Guard
    Helmetlok w/ T-Bar Extension
    Hopnel 5PC Luggage Set
    Airhawk R Seat Cushion
    Rivco Dual Flag Mount

Spyder Garage

Default Also

Tricled just came back out with the spyder pockets fyi ,look good for the RT.
    2013 STL , Stock Stock Black currant

Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

http://www.jpcycles.com/product/ZZ38251
    http://www.jpcycles.com/product/ZZ38252
    http://www.jpcycles.com/product/126-996

Hopnel makes great canvas luggage designed specifically for the RT at a very reasonable price.
    2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Permanent Smile!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Very Frugal

My 2011 came with all 4 pieces of luggage which are stored in my attic, also. I use canvas, reusable grocery bags in the frunk and the trunk, they fit perfectly and I can get more stuff in those areas using those bags. When we get to a hotel, I can just pull out the bag. I also pack using ziplock bags, squeeze the air out of them, makes lots more room!!
    The luggage takes up valuable storage space. I use a small roll bag on the passenger seat for things that I pick up along the way and my extra jacket if I need it.
    2015 Spyder RT Limited, Red Pearl
    Tri-Axis Handle Bars
    Contigo Cup
    Cup Holder
    Cargo Nets
    Additional turn signals mounted behind speaker grill
    12v cable for heated clothing
    Sheepskin seat cover
    Baja Ron Sway bar

Myles of Smyles!!

2011 Spyder RT
    Viper Red

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

FYI everyone, we have an old heavy duty duffle bag. It is 12 x 12 x 20 inches. If you stand it up on it's side inside the 2015 Spyder front compartment, it just about fits.

Spyder Garage

When I bought my first RT in 2010, I was eager to complete the BRP setup and bought the oem wheeled suitcase for the frunk.
    In my opinion, it's a nice idea, but frankly, the bag takes up more space than it's worth. I've found that I can get more clothes, etc in the frunk if I use a soft sided bag that can be squished. A laundry bag will do nicely.
    I also have a set of soft side bags I salvaged from my old Yamaha Venture that I can use on the Spyder.
    Last edited by ThreeWheels; 09-22-2015 at 09:41 PM.
    If it ain't broke, don't break it.
    IBA #47122
    2020 RT Limited Asphalt Grey

Very Active Member OverHillAndDale's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Hopnel makes inexpensive duffel bags that fit perfectly in the saddlebags and the trunk, designed for the Spyder.

2020- RT Limited
    Chalk White, Can-Am rear passenger armrests, Comfort Seat, Grip puppies, RAM Cup Holders, Providence RAM Mount
    FOBO2 TPMS
    Aluma MCTXL trailer
    BRP hitch
    Big Bike Parts wiring harness
    Permanent Smile!!!

Spyder Garage

Default Super Frugal

Fairly new to Spyder, old hand at motorcycle travel. Took our first trip about 3 weeks ago to see Joe and Ann in Las Vegas and get an alignment. I hadn't yet figured out how I wanted to "bag" the trunk area so I just put all of my things separately into the compartment. Every evening, I would take about 3 trips from bike to hotel room, hauling handfuls of stuff back and forth. My wife started laiughing at me and when I asked what she used, she showed me her $2 Tyvek type grocery bag. Big enough to hold everything, flexible enough to conform to the shape of the Frunk (her end for storage) and take full advantge of the space, and handles for carrying. It totally worked. I had no choice but to bow to her ingenuity and simplicity. When we got home, she gifted me with a grocery bag. I even got to pick the size I wanted.

In the side cases, we pack our items that don't need to come in at night, such as rain gear or heated gear for that emergency cold snap.
    2015 RT-S SE6 Red Pearl - aka "Ruby"
    Tri-Axis handlebars - Bajaron Sway Bar and Heim Links - Roadster Renovations Spring Stiffeners & Top Case mirror - Value Accessories 3 pc. Lid Net Set - Lidlox Helmet Holders - JT's Dash Mount Bar - Drink2go rider & passenger cupholder - Wolo Bad Boy Horn - Show Chrome Trunk Rack - 12V power & heated gear ports - Spyderpops missing belt guard - BRP Trailer Hitch - Gold Plug hex head drain plugs

Spyder Garage

Try Cyclemax,
    They have a selection of soft interior bags at a very affordable price, I always found them a pleasure to buy from 😉
    http://cyclemax.com/inc/sdetail/spyd.../159996/179926
    2012 RT , Yes Lava Bronze

North Las Vegas, NV, Third Rock From The Sun
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by happyspyder2039 View Post
    i have these on my rt-s. They are better then brp brand
    http://www.amazon.com/Bestem-LGCA-RT...+liners+can+am
    I know this is 3 and 1/2 years since the quoted post above, but don't drink the Kool-Aid about Amazon Prime always being the best price. The Amazon listed price is $79.90 with free shipping. The current Bestem site itself sells them for $44.96, and my UPS shipping to Las Vegas, NV (almost cross-country) is only $9.95. Total of $54.91. Get real, Amazon. I just bought a pair of these for my side bags direct from Bestem (see link below). Used the ones made for my previous motorcycle and they lasted 85K miles with no wear or tear. They are quality made and won't "bulge" much if you try to overstuff them (even though they are a soft bag, the piping keeps the bag shape), which can put pressure on your side panel doors when closing them if you do try to overstuff them. Let's you know when you should quit trying to stuff them anymore. Will seriously reduce the chances of your side panels not opening easily, or getting stuck closed altogether because of too much pressure on the release cables.

https://bestemusa.com/Can-Am-Spyder-...ir_p_1603.html

I will buy the Hopnel 2-bag set for the top rear box though.
    2018 Spyder RT Limited