Thread: FINALLY BITTEN

Registered Users SemperFiSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Unhappy FINALLY BITTEN

One month to the day and 200 miles on the odometer and I believe I have been bitten by the clutch problem. Up to this point, I was able to manually down-shift from 2nd to 1st without any problems with it stalling, that is until Monday. After a nice ride down the coast and stopping for lunch, I noticed a clicking sound as I was down-shifting from 2nd to 1st. After that, I was unable to keep it from stalling in 1st gear. The only thing I could do, while limping home, was throttle up and keep my foot on the brake at each stop. I also could not get above 3500 to 3800 RPM and could not get above 35 to 40 mph.

Does this sound like the issues that have been identified with the clutch re-call, or have I encountered a new issue as well? It's been three weeks since I called my dealer with the re-call info I learned from this site. I have not yet been offically notified by BRP (Unsat).

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

The speed issue was probably because you were in limp mode, which limits revs to the range you note and top speed to 50 mph.

Quote Originally Posted by TD009 View Post
    One month to the day and 200 miles on the odometer and I believe I have been bitten by the clutch problem. Up to this point, I was able to manually down-shift from 2nd to 1st without any problems with it stalling, that is until Monday. After a nice ride down the coast and stopping for lunch, I noticed a clicking sound as I was down-shifting from 2nd to 1st. After that, I was unable to keep it from stalling in 1st gear. The only thing I could do, while limping home, was throttle up and keep my foot on the brake at each stop. I also could not get above 3500 to 3800 RPM and could not get above 35 to 40 mph.

Does this sound like the issues that have been identified with the clutch re-call, or have I encountered a new issue as well? It's been three weeks since I called my dealer with the re-call info I learned from this site. I have not yet been offically notified by BRP (Unsat).

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by BHawksworth View Post
    The speed issue was probably because you were in limp mode, which limits revs to the range you note and top speed to 50 mph.

Registered Users SemperFiSpyder's Avatar
    Spyder Garage

Got my RT back from the clutch re-call today and things seem to be working much better. The more I ride, the more I love it.