Spyder Garage

Default My model number!!!

Ok i asked earlier how to find out my mpdel num. Someone said that ist my vin. They also sAid that its the last 4 dixgits of my vin. The last 4digits of mine is 1271. So i have the 1271st spyder. I thought up to a certain number was considerd premire and had the handlebar accent. Mine dose not. Is this all right

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

It's on your swingarm.

Spyder Garage

Ok then i guess my can am was 1271 made

Invalid Emails
    Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MySpyder View Post
    Ok then i guess my can am was 1271 made
    #1271 of that particular model number. Look in your manual under technical info.

Spyder Garage

The numerical sequence can be repeated with each model designation. There are dozens of Spyder models designations, separated by continent, transmission, trim level, color, special editions, etc. You have #1271 of something...but unless it is the correct model (and is marked) it is not a PE. Actually, it could also be quite late in that year's model run, rather than early, due to the changing model designations as these things are built. For a complete list of models for your transmission and year, see the BRP parts fiche.
    -Scotty
    2011 Spyder RTS-SM5 (mine)
    2000 BMW R1100RTP, motorized tricycle & 23 vintage bikes
    2011 RT-622 trailer, Aspen Sentry popup camper, custom motorcycle trailer to pull behind the Spyder

Mutant Trikes Forever!

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by MySpyder View Post
    Ok i asked earlier how to find out my mpdel num. Someone said that ist my vin. They also sAid that its the last 4 dixgits of my vin. The last 4digits of mine is 1271. So i have the 1271st spyder. I thought up to a certain number was considerd premire and had the handlebar accent. Mine dose not. Is this all right
    Unless your Spyder is a 2008 PE --- the last 4 digits don't mean anything special.... if yours is a PE-- you'd know it from the handlebar insert with the PE number on it-- unless you bought the Spyder second-hand and the previous owner removed the PE # and then didn't tell you it was a PE model--- but I can't imagine someone not using that as a selling point (not that they're worth a dime more than non-PE bikes).

Spyder #1 - 2008 GS SM5 Premier Edition #1977. RIP after 80,000 miles.
    Spyder #2 - 2012 RT SM5. Traded in after 24,000 miles.
    Spyder #3 - 2015 F3 SM6. Put 13,000 miles on and sold it.
    Spyder #4 - 2017 F3 SM6. Too good of a deal to pass up!