Spyder Garage

Default Ok, I give - Thumbnails?

How do we insert thumbnails in posts? I've seen most of the "how to's" by Lamonster on uploading pics, insert links etc but I can't seem to find the trick to the thumbnails. I may have missed the post because I really didn't look through all the instructions. A search for a keyword didn't help much.

Anyone want to reply with a step-by-step please?

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Piece of cake. When posting, scroll down to the section labeled "Additional Options". Under there, you'll see this:

Click the "Manage Attachments" button. A window will pop out, looking similar to this, depending on your OS/Browser combo:

Just choose an image file from your local machine, or from an URL, then click the "Upload" button. Some moment of time will pass and your image will appear in that popup window under "Current Attachment". In this example, I've attached an image of my broken clavicle. If you have any questions, just ask!

Spyder Garage

Nice helpful post Zombo. This is just the way I like to do these "help" posts. I was going to do something like this but I didn't have the time to do the screen captures and things to make it right.
    Former Happy Spyder Owner
    Just decided it was time to move onto other things.

Spyder Garage

Nice, thank you

Spyder Garage

Spyder Garage

Default Post with your (my) picture showing

Based on Zombo's instructions I can see how to load a pic from my computer..... but what I would like to know how to do is have the pic I have on Spyder Lovers as my pic... be the one that is always showing. I would like to believe that I don't have to reload a pic everytime I post. Can someone please help? Thanks

Spyder Garage

Default Test

Test for a pic

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by SpyderLady View Post
    Based on Zombo's instructions I can see how to load a pic from my computer..... but what I would like to know how to do is have the pic I have on Spyder Lovers as my pic... be the one that is always showing. I would like to believe that I don't have to reload a pic everytime I post. Can someone please help? Thanks
    Under Quick Links select User Control Panel then Edit Your Details. If you want to add the picture as your avatar then from the column on the left select Edit Avatar. Add the picture as stated above. If you want to add the picture to each of your posts then add it to your signature by selecting Edit Signature. You may need to edit the picture size before loading. Maximum size for signature file is 63.5kb.
    Last edited by Y Rider; 12-06-2010 at 02:32 PM.
    2011 RTL , White

Spyder Garage

RT-S PE#0180
    Spyder Garage

My problem is pre formatting the photo in order to make it a "thumbnail". All of my photo's are to large and won't upload. Lamont had me down load some kind of photo editor to do this but I haven't been able to figure out how to do it. I'd love to upload some pictures of all the carbon fiber work I have had done on my RT. I think everyone would enjoy seeing it as it's something totally new.

Spyder Garage

Quote Originally Posted by frank3 View Post
    My problem is pre formatting the photo in order to make it a "thumbnail". All of my photo's are to large and won't upload. Lamont had me down load some kind of photo editor to do this but I haven't been able to figure out how to do it. I'd love to upload some pictures of all the carbon fiber work I have had done on my RT. I think everyone would enjoy seeing it as it's something totally new.
    Here you go frank go to shrinkpictures.com then click on choose file it should take you to your pictures just double click on the picture you want and close your pictures. Then select image size i just click on 75% then click greyscale
    then click on better then click on resize and wait for your picture to load then click on download the picture. then in spyderlovers click on submit reply your picture should show up. Or go to forums click on support and testing then click on the how to videos and choose the one you want to learn.
    Last edited by Roger; 12-10-2010 at 10:42 AM. Reason: added on more 411

Roger