Threaded View

Spyder Garage

Default The Sopher Third Brake Light Bar (with turn signals)

OK, So I had a few different designs for the third brake light. One such design was a larger version of the LED's I used for my Mud Flaps but placed in the recessed area above the BRP emplem on the RT trunk.

BUT, I came across these nice, thin and very bright flexible LED's. 1mm spacing, about 1 foot in lenght. The added two smaller segments for the turn signals. The turns have about 25 led's in each.

Best part; NO drilling required!!! The four wires (1 ground and one positive for each of the three segments) are run UNDER the BRP chrome into a mounting hole. The entire emblem has a rubber mount under it and keeps everything water tight. I even added silicon daps where needed to ensure waterproofness.

The inside wiring for the segments tie off the existing left side brake light wire. The turns come off one from the left side and one from the right. The stock turn signal wires have black as ground and some other color for the hot side.
    Getting the final lighted picture reguired a weight to be placed on the brake pedal! Oh and yes the hazard lights lit up the new turns as well!

Enjoy!

Here are the final pictures!

Last edited by Sopher; 06-24-2010 at 08:53 PM.
    RT-S # 352; Timeless Black... faster than any other color. Mods: EasternBeaver PC8 Fuse Box, 12v digital dashboard display, RearTrunk internal Lights.
    Pioneer XMP3 hardwired, KewlMetal highway foot rests, PolkAudio Speaker upgrades (dxi525 & dxi400), Custom Garmin Nuvi bracket and wiring, Panel Savers, Custom LED array third brake light and rear signal LED's. Custom mud flap lights. Daytime Running Lights (3wattsx6). Heated Corbin seat with 'Lamonster' cut. JBL 400watt Amp,
    Other secret mods.