Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default Testing the traction and vss

I het a patch of oil today and the rear wheel slipped. There was no indication that any system was intervening (traction, stability etc).

I assume there should have been some sort of light, but if there was I missed it.

Is there a safe way to test the safety devices?

RT-S SE PE#0192
    Spyder Garage

2manycars,
    If your VSS and Traction control don't work, would you be interested in trading for my RT-S? Seriously, I don't know how to test it but I do know that you can spin the rear tire up to about 30mph from a dead stop before the TC will kick in Also a quick 90 degree turn from a stop sign, particulary with a passenger, will usually trigger the VSS. I really wish they would have incorporated a tune switch so we could "adjust" the amount of control turned over to electronics.

Dwight

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

Default I already own ONE

I own an RT-S

I guess I need to find a parking lot somewhere and try it.

Registered Users
    Spyder Garage

sand on the road seemed to trigger mine the most so go to a parking lot throw out some sand and try braking hard on it then turn while twisting throttle..it feels kinda like the bike is stalling and if you do it in the dark or dusk youll see the yellow light flash when it comes on. in the daytime youill be lucky to see it
    2009 phantom 424 of 500! Another Happy Spyder owner

Spyder Garage

Having moved to the RT-S from a 2008 RS, I am acutely aware that the nannies are up and running. I have a sharp s-turn just before my parking lot, and I got used to just riding through it without any braking. The RT-S nannies activate on the turn, causing a braking squat and slight slowing.

It's okay, and it really only happens when I'm riding solo, because my wife activates long before the Bosch sensors....
    Happy 2010 Orbital Blue Spyder RT-S Owner
    TricLED Vader Lightswith Blue Tunnel Lights Option, Aqua Glo-Ryders, TricLED Fender Lights, TricLED Invisible Brake/Running Lights, TricLED Trunk Light.